Urgent Help with Water Tank Drainage. (1 Viewer)

JohnnyS55

Free Member
Jan 7, 2021
North Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 786
Exp
Total Newbie
Hi folks. Need some urgent help in the form of operators manuals etc on a Fiat Ducato Lunar RoadStar 786 mainly the motorhome side but anything appreciated. I recently brought the motorhome but the promised manuals did not materialise and there is water in the fresh water tank (according to the little lcd panel) I need to drain down but have not got a clue. Been on the web and got no where, willing to pay asking price just need to sort with this cold snap. John

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi John and welcome to the forum.

I think Les has a similar van. I have highlited his name as this will alert him to your thread. I am sure he will help when he sees this. Also his daughter Ven might give him a nudge.

In the mean time you could just empty it by running the water through the taps, just don't go away from it and let the pump run dry. You will be able to hear as soon as the pump changes tone, that's when you need to turn the taps off.

Also, do you know about draining the boiler and where the relevant switches are.?

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Hi John and welcome to the forum.

I think Les has a similar van. I have highlited his name as this will alert him to your thread. I am sure he will help when he sees this. Also his daughter Ven might give him a nudge.

In the mean time you could just empty it by running the water through the taps, just don't go away from it and let the pump run dry. You will be able to hear as soon as the pump changes tone, that's when you need to turn the taps off.

Also, do you know about draining the boiler and where the relevant switches are.?
Sorry Sandra my vans a CI Cipro 55 on a Merc 316,I donā€™t normally drain mine as all pipes and fresh water are in side if really cold put bit of heat inside.
Hope your both enjoying missing the British weather Brrrrrrrr

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 13, 2020
Garden of England
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML T570
As a quick solution, in the absence of any personal detailed information being posted on here, maybe consider typing into YouTube your system details with "draindown' and this will surely send you in the right direction.

Bilbat

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2014
Hi. I've got a roadstar 720, 2005. The freshwater drain on my van is at the back. Just open the tap and away it goes. Waste water drain is on the offside, same thing, open the tap. The hot water drain tap is inside the middle offside external locker at the bottom. It's a blue tap with a yellow handle that you turn to vertical to release the water. don't forget to open all of the taps inside the van with the pump switched off to let air into the system. Hope this helps.
Martin

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
No idea on your particular van but you need to be looking for things like these.
94D512AA-E20F-49A1-9E4C-5FF4629F3671.jpeg5A99FCA0-E4DC-4C4A-A5D2-5DCEFC4E9990.jpeg
Externally it might have one of these to drain the tank
4E809C3C-BDC7-48FC-9404-0BB0546FF82E.png
There might also be a bung in the bottom of the fresh water tank

OP
OP
J

JohnnyS55

Free Member
Jan 7, 2021
North Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 786
Exp
Total Newbie
Thank you for all your help each and everyone will go to compound and spend sometime having another look around. Not even sure how to reply to each member when you've messaged me, oh to be young and electronic trained, quick reply on how to answer as just a like seems a bit rude. John

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Perhaps lunarman can help?
+From memory (It was 10 years ago I had a 786) there were 2 drain taps 1 each side behind the rear wheel. ! was the waste drain, the other the fresh water tank drain. I think there was also a frost drain to drain the boiler as well.

Melian should know as they have only just changed their 786

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thank you for all your help each and everyone will go to compound and spend sometime having another look around. Not even sure how to reply to each member when you've messaged me, oh to be young and electronic trained, quick reply on how to answer as just a like seems a bit rude. John
Don't worry about thanking everyone individually..... You only get 5 free posts or a few days before having to subscribe and you already made 3 posts.

RobL

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Minchinhampton
Funster No
MH
American rv purchasing.
Exp
Since 2008
Hi folks. Need some urgent help in the form of operators manuals etc on a Fiat Ducato Lunar RoadStar 786 mainly the motorhome side but anything appreciated. I recently brought the motorhome but the promised manuals did not materialise and there is water in the fresh water tank (according to the little lcd panel) I need to drain down but have not got a clue. Been on the web and got no where, willing to pay asking price just need to sort with this cold snap. John
I had a 786. There should be two taps at the rear of the motor home attached to convoluted hoses from the tanks. Lower the taps to the ground and open the tanks should drain. Be careful during winter storing water as the tanks aren't insulated.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
:hiya2: :welcome4: The drain taps are under the motorhome, but should be visible without going under the van.
Also, switch off the water pump & leave all of the taps in a fully open position, this allows the water to drain away properly.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back