Rally Upton Blues Festival Meet 19-23 July 2018 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Due to the level of interest in this one we have put forward our request for first dibs if arriving on the Thursday on the large adjoining field that we had part of for Sunshine Festival & keeping our fingers crossed! Have also asked if possible to have a water tap, two Portaloos, Elsan waste tank & rinsing water tap in that field so easier to get to than those in the main field - there's no harm in asking :) Will update once we know what is possible.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you for all the interest so far (y):) - still waiting to hear back about what might be possible.

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
Can you add us to your list please. Mike and Toni

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just been advised that Bookings for Upton Blues Festival 2018 are being taken from 5th November. :unsure:
Brian & Lorna
Still waiting to hear back if this Meet can go ahead. Whether it does or not it's still booking direct so you can book your tickets whenever suits you - you might only have the option of General Camping though instead of being pitched with fellow Funsters.

Box Boy

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Globecar Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2010
Still waiting to hear back if this Meet can go ahead. Whether it does or not it's still booking direct so you can book your tickets whenever suits you - you might only have the option of General Camping though instead of being pitched with fellow Funsters.

Thank you for still trying. I will give them a 'Poke' when I make our booking. (y)

Brian & Lorna

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Are you hopeful that you can also arrange for a Funster discount ! I think I will wait and see how you fare before booking. :D:D:D

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Are you hopeful that you can also arrange for a Funster discount ! I think I will wait and see how you fare before booking. :D:D:D
No discount is possible for Upton Blues - if it is the same prices as last year then it will be £40 per person for camping & it is the money raised from the camping that funds the "free" festival the proceeds of which benefit the local community. It is mostly volunteer run too by local people.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We now have our tickets and look forward to meeting up with fellow funsters. Gates open 09.00 on the Thursday.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

i sent a reply back to upton when they emailed me, saying that i would be going if they gave us the MHF area ....and that it would be in their interest as there are around 60 unit interested ...

They haven't replied yet and i have not booked any tickets .

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
i sent a reply back to upton when they emailed me, saying that i would be going if they gave us the MHF area ....and that it would be in their interest as there are around 60 unit interested ...

They haven't replied yet and i have not booked any tickets .
If a MHF area is not allocated next year, we could agree to meet up near by and all arrive at the same time and create our own MHF area. Where there's a will :rolleyes::rolleyes:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Sorry but I've only just noticed this thread and would certainly like to go if possible.
Can one of you knowledgeable Funsters tell me (without trawling through the thread PLEASE), how we get tickets for the Blues Festival and if there might be an area for Funsters.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If a MHF area is not allocated next year, we could agree to meet up near by and all arrive at the same time and create our own MHF area. Where there's a will :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes if everyone parked in the town car park and arrived en block ie 60 units at 9 am . It would be interesting

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Sounds viable but in reality is quite hard to do as we worked last year as volunteers for the Blues & we were pitching everyone in General Camping & with so many queuing & arriving at the same time you have to go wherever you are sent which could be a big distance apart especially if new rows are started. It may be possible to go to the very back of the field together but that's a long way from the showers, (better) portacabin toilets & town & up to those pitching everyone on the day if they allow this as last year that didn't work well as some blocked the fire lanes & had to be moved! Even if in a group in General Camping surrounded by others (may or may not work well :unsure: depending on the neighbours) it doesn't compare to first dibs on another field where we are all together even if a few overflow campers are added once the main field is full. Know that some will only book if we are sure of an area together so will keep trying to persuade the organisers!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Sorry but I've only just noticed this thread and would certainly like to go if possible.
Can one of you knowledgeable Funsters tell me (without trawling through the thread PLEASE), how we get tickets for the Blues Festival and if there might be an area for Funsters.
Tickets are here but we still haven't got a Fun area agreed yet but trying!

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
I wouldn't panic about the tickets yet, it's a huge main field, doubt they will sell out !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back