Update on my DVLA missing C1 (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
Si made an official complaint to DVLA and also wrote to their Chief executive ...... as was suggested by several people on here .

Just got a letter back from them today stating that as far as DVLA are concerned I have NEVER had a C1 according to their records .So they will not be renewing my missing C1 .

That is completely false I had grandfather rights on C1 as my license was first issued in 1975 and I also passed a C1 test for and employer in the 1980s as i had to drive 7.5ton truck for work .
I have copies of all my old licenses with C1 on . I know they have lost old records as it has happened to people I know with motorcycle and truck entitlements , but I had C1 on my licence when it was renewed in 2018 at 60 years old ,,its only gone since i moved house recently .

Not sure what next step is with C1 ?

im angry again and disgusted with this country again , nothing Flipping works ,, had my new beds delivered today by Bensons and they did not send anyone to assemble them which I paid extra for and now they are being difficult , also Brighton council have sent me a demand for Clowncil tax when I have not lived there for 16 months and my old bill was settled in full ???????.. unbelievable Oh Please!

I have managed to sort out my issues with LV and them trying to blame me for both incidents and damage to my van when I was the victim back in November ,one is being treated as no fault and the other we have compromised as a 50/50 which is god as they were trying to stich me up for both when it was my van that was hit by a stolen car whilst parked and then again by a vehicle drifting out of lane on M27 in a 2 week period .

Good news is Motorbodies Weston now have the body parts so its finally going in on 15 April to be fixed .

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
ust got a letter back from them today stating that as far as DVLA are concerned I have NEVER had a C1 according to their records .So they will not be renewing my missing C1 .
I would reply as follows;

Dear sir /madam , I am in receipt of your last nonsensical letter.
Are you people completely ****ing stupid? ANYONE who passed a driving test before 1997 ,& I passed in 1975, has AUTOMATIC grandfather rights for C1 & C1+E. So do not state that I have NEVER Had C!?? Everyone had it before '97.

I also took & passed a C test in the 1980's.
Now get that ****ing C1 reinstated & stop employing utterly useless thick c***s .
Additionally I also enclose copies of ALL my previous licences or do you think that I am sitting here with nothing better to do than attempt to falsify multiple licences.
(** If you have the old red booklet type licence I' also enclose photos of that .) & ask how they think you are forging that?

Any further prevaricating on behalf of you useless ****s & needing replies from me will be charge at the rate of 200pounds per hour or part hour be they email telephone or other means of contact
(Also if you are vat registered,add vat: Then you can issue an invoice , & when they do not pay reclaim the vat & put the vat man on to them)
Failure to pay any invoice issued by me will result in instant claim at the small claims court
I am as ever, yours sincerely*

You have to treat them as the scum they are.

* On mine I would usually also address,in advance ,there likely reply complaining about the use of foul language with far more vitriolic abuse.I would also CC it to the ceo & MP along with any other s that might assist.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
How about using gus-lopez idea above but;
Getting the letter written by a solicitor who officially verifies your license copies and copies vs it to your mp and the ceo of DVLA.

Also stating that any legal fees encountered trying to recover you driving entitlement as a result of their obvious incompetence will be invoiced in full.

It seems to me it’s time to play rough or roll over!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Si made an official complaint to DVLA and also wrote to their Chief executive ...... as was suggested by several people on here .

Just got a letter back from them today stating that as far as DVLA are concerned I have NEVER had a C1 according to their records .So they will not be renewing my missing C1 .

That is completely false I had grandfather rights on C1 as my license was first issued in 1975 and I also passed a C1 test for and employer in the 1980s as i had to drive 7.5ton truck for work .
I have copies of all my old licenses with C1 on . I know they have lost old records as it has happened to people I know with motorcycle and truck entitlements , but I had C1 on my licence when it was renewed in 2018 at 60 years old ,,its only gone since i moved house recently .

Not sure what next step is with C1 ?

im angry again and disgusted with this country again , nothing Flipping works ,, had my new beds delivered today by Bensons and they did not send anyone to assemble them which I paid extra for and now they are being difficult , also Brighton council have sent me a demand for Clowncil tax when I have not lived there for 16 months and my old bill was settled in full ???????.. unbelievable Oh Please!

I have managed to sort out my issues with LV and them trying to blame me for both incidents and damage to my van when I was the victim back in November ,one is being treated as no fault and the other we have compromised as a 50/50 which is god as they were trying to stich me up for both when it was my van that was hit by a stolen car whilst parked and then again by a vehicle drifting out of lane on M27 in a 2 week period .

Good news is Motorbodies Weston now have the body parts so its finally going in on 15 April to be fixed .

Next stop, Surgery of MP with old licences and Birth Certificate. Stop after that, (at the same time,) is Ombudsman.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2018
Funster No
How about using gus-lopez idea above but;
Getting the letter written by a solicitor who officially verifies your license copies and copies vs it to your mp and the ceo of DVLA.

Also stating that any legal fees encountered trying to recover you driving entitlement as a result of their obvious incompetence will be invoiced in full.

It seems to me it’s time to play rough or roll over!
You can only verify copies if you have the original licence which would have been handed back for each renewal

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
You can only verify copies if you have the original licence which would have been handed back for each renewal
Thank you clarifying that, however, I should think there some weasel legal type words that could be used to put pressure on DVLA.

While a solicitor may not be able to swear they are genuine copies
I would think a solicitor could supply an affidavit taken from the op stating that they were true and accurate copies of the original documents.

I just don’t think the op should roll over when DVLA are clearly in the wrong and any pressure that can be brought to bear should be firmly applied.

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
At any time when renewing your insurance policy did the insurance ask for your driving licence number, whenever I renew mine and shop around for quotes this come up quite often. So possibly your insurance may have your licence details on their records as they use your driver number to check against DVLA records so you may get proof from there.

Upvote 0
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
I would reply as follows;

Dear sir /madam , I am in receipt of your last nonsensical letter.
Are you people completely ****ing stupid? ANYONE who passed a driving test before 1997 ,& I passed in 1975, has AUTOMATIC grandfather rights for C1 & C1+E. So do not state that I have NEVER Had C!?? Everyone had it before '97.

I also took & passed a C test in the 1980's.
Now get that ****ing C1 reinstated & stop employing utterly useless thick c***s .
Additionally I also enclose copies of ALL my previous licences or do you think that I am sitting here with nothing better to do than attempt to falsify multiple licences.
(** If you have the old red booklet type licence I' also enclose photos of that .) & ask how they think you are forging that?

Any further prevaricating on behalf of you useless ****s & needing replies from me will be charge at the rate of 200pounds per hour or part hour be they email telephone or other means of contact
(Also if you are vat registered,add vat: Then you can issue an invoice , & when they do not pay reclaim the vat & put the vat man on to them)
Failure to pay any invoice issued by me will result in instant claim at the small claims court
I am as ever, yours sincerely*

You have to treat them as the scum they are.

* On mine I would usually also address,in advance ,there likely reply complaining about the use of foul language with far more vitriolic abuse.I would also CC it to the ceo & MP along with any other s that might assist.
A man after me own heart. They are a vile outfit that’s not fit for purpose. 👍

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back