Free Member
Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Can any one tell me if chic c-line comes with all-season tyres. on a Mercedes Thanks.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Is it new from manufacturer? If yes, you may be able to find out, but the manufacturer will fit whatever is available and ‘in spec’!

If not new, who knows! Need to check the vehicle…

OP
OP
bilM

bilM

Free Member
Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks yes it is new i will give the dealer a ring to see if they can all-season fitted from the manufactuer.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hymer offer all season tyres as an extra but not seen them on the Carthago price list. May need to talk to your dealer nicely, that's my plan.

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
bilM

bilM

Free Member
Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Lenny just spoke with dealer they said that it will come with the tyres the manufactuer has at the time however would do his best to get all-season fitted before I pick up the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Lenny just spoke with dealer they said that it will come with the tyres the manufactuer has at the time however would do his best to get all-season fitted before I pick up the van.
Not true. When Carthago order the chassis from Mercedes, tyre type is an option.

Only if the Converter, in this case Carthago, buy a stock chassis will it be a case of what has already been fitted. For many years now, Mercedes tend to build to order.

As Carthago will be building to Customers individual specifications. Surely the buyer can choose.

oddly Mercedes refer to M+S tyres as "mud and slush"
Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 20.22.48.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
bilM

bilM

Free Member
Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi EuroTrottors
Been in the Carthago site however could not find the page with tyre option the only thing I could see is this. I have ordered the 16" aluminium wheels do you know if all year round tyres is the same as all season tyres. I also see that Carthago have updated there site a bit of a pain now. I have also talked with my dealer about tyres however its a bit like talking to a brickwall.:giggle:
Screenshot_20221203_091810.png

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Not true. When Carthago order the chassis from Mercedes, tyre type is an option.

Only if the Converter, in this case Carthago, buy a stock chassis will it be a case of what has already been fitted. For many years now, Mercedes tend to build to order.

As Carthago will be building to Customers individual specifications. Surely the buyer can choose.

oddly Mercedes refer to M+S tyres as "mud and slush"
View attachment 693221
But Motorhome converters buy chassis in large quantities so they probably don't work to the standard list but tweak the spec for what they want & what they want to pay.
A classic example of it on the Fiat Comformatic Hill hold is a no cost option from Fiat so why would a lot of Motorhome converts not have it, my guess is they haggle a price reduction.

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back