Two questions about buying Ellidis Accordo 135 motorhome. (1 Viewer)

Feb 29, 2024
Funster No
MH
just looking for 1.
Hi I’m new to here.
My names Fiona and living in the midlands.
I’m currently looking @purchasing Ellidis Accordo 135 2018 plate.(privately).
I’m a little concerned and wondered if any members have had a similar experience with Ellidis.
The vehicle passed its annual mot September 2023 (with advisory for play in the near side ball joint).
however the seller agreed to put 12 months mot with the sale.
It went for a mot 27/02/24,however it has failed due to engine management light (8222g)&tyre pressure management systems.(advisory for 2 new front tyres).The motorhome has only done 41 miles since last Septembers mot.
Is this something that can occur after the motorhome has been standing for 5months or have other members shared the same experience?would you advise that I look for another motorhome?
I would really appreciate your advice as I don’t want to waste my savings on something I will regret owning.

25 years ago I owned Euromobile motorhome and had great fun touring France& Spain when my children were much younger.After it was sadly written off, it’s taken many years to save for a new adventure before dementia.
I never experienced any problems that the mot has shown up on the Ellidis motorhome.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to any replies.

Feb 19, 2023
Leyland, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Excel 690L
Exp
Since August 2022
Hmm, doesn’t sound too bad although there could be more issues than the MOT will show. Our Elddis Accordo 120 sometimes puts the engine management light on when moving slowly round sites but then clears when given a few revs. These are new items that your previous motorhome won’t have had, tyre pressure monitoring being fairly new. Really I would be more worried about damp and any water ingress. Ours is a similar age but at first damp check the expert was surprised that there weren’t any problems. Different story 8 months later when they found water ingress by a roof light which they sorted but also increasing damp readings by the skirts near the rear wheel arches and advised me to take it back to them in 6 months rather than leaving it a year.
Best of luck with whatever you decide !

Dec 16, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New
Check for damp particularly on the rear walls and floors.Been told Elddis realise sealant they were using was not good enough in my 155 Auto quest and have now changed sealants

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
w2f

It may be worth paying for an independent inspection,like the AA or RAC,if they do such a thing.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do 🤞

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
I would be cautious about the Engine Management light and the low mileage from last MOT. It could suggest that the seller wants rid as the diagnosed fault is an expensive repair, they may just be resetting the fault code and hoping it doesn't come back on before selling.

As suggested above, a habitation and damp check from a reputable company paid for by the seller would also be on my list of requirements...

Remember, that is not the only MH for sale... You have lots of choice.

Cheers
Red.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Very low mileage for months might mean condensation and rain has built up where it normally wouldn't. There's a fair chance that a good long drive with a bit of an Italian Tune-up will clear some engine management issues.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
What is the total mileage? Our 2014 accordo 105 has never failed or had advisories on an MOT. I'd have thought play in a ball joint would come with high mileage 🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 22, 2023
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 74C
Exp
Since 2005
Hi I’m new to here.
My names Fiona and living in the midlands.
I’m currently looking @purchasing Ellidis Accordo 135 2018 plate.(privately).
I’m a little concerned and wondered if any members have had a similar experience with Ellidis.
The vehicle passed its annual mot September 2023 (with advisory for play in the near side ball joint).
however the seller agreed to put 12 months mot with the sale.
It went for a mot 27/02/24,however it has failed due to engine management light (8222g)&tyre pressure management systems.(advisory for 2 new front tyres).The motorhome has only done 41 miles since last Septembers mot.
Is this something that can occur after the motorhome has been standing for 5months or have other members shared the same experience?would you advise that I look for another motorhome?
I would really appreciate your advice as I don’t want to waste my savings on something I will regret owning.

25 years ago I owned Euromobile motorhome and had great fun touring France& Spain when my children were much younger.After it was sadly written off, it’s taken many years to save for a new adventure before dementia.
I never experienced any problems that the mot has shown up on the Ellidis motorhome.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to any replies.
You have to be very accurate when dealing with the engine codes but the code will tell what the problem area is, then decide if that is an issue for you.

I would say that both of the problems are closely linked to the inactivity of the MH for the last year.

Remember there are plenty of MH's out there and I would say that the market has fallen slightly in recent months so you will not get left behind.

Good luck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back