Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Hi

This is our 1st mh with satellite tv we have the Telco twin system.

Should we have to tune the tv in every time we get to a different location like you do with a normall Arial or should it remember the sat 28 and tune it's self each time I put the dish up

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think with your system you have a FTA Digi box so it will remember the channels & satellites it's been previously tuned to.
But if you are using the FTA tuner in the TV you often have to retune when you change satellites.

Either way location won't effect it, no need to do anything when you change location.

If you find it slow to find the sat when you move countries, go into settings and change the country, a trick if it won't lock onto Astra 2, is to set it to Hotbird and once locked on change to Astra 2. Hotbird position is close to Astra and a much stronger signal.

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Ok sat tv is working Astra 28 but I think I am missing some free channels I know I have not got sky news and maybe some others

Also the epg does not work on hardly any channels so I don't know what's on on what channel

I have got sky news on antenna tv but not through the sky dish

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
FTA (Free to air) is not the same as Freesat. epg is pretty usless, you don't get the same channels as Freesat or Freeview

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
This tv system is so f%$&^d up I can't even get ITV in the bedroom yet I have about 10 ITV channels on the lounge tv

I was told by selling dealer I would be able to get all the freeview channels via the satellite system but obviously not

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
I've got a member off here more than willing to take a look he has already helped me over the phone but it's just time and getting to him at the minute

There is a problem even the dealer admits there is thought I might be able to get the same channels in the back as the front but it's not so

I will get over to Malc who is going to take a look as soon as i get a spare day typical been quiet ish at work but now it's none stop again

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Freesat - UK TV via a satellite dish, used to receive some of the free to air UK TV channels, and runs a full 7 day programme guide

Freeview - UK TV via a TV aerial - some Freeview channels are not free, or even available, on satellite...

free to air - channels that are subscription free and unencrypted

free to air satellite box - a gets all the free to air channels (even those not on Freesat eg C4HD)...limited (now and next) channel guide, channels listed in any order (usually how they are found when scanning the satellites,

Sky news is a free to air channel. any satellite receiver is able to receive it.
When you do a search, make sure NETWORK SEARCH or NIT is switched on. This will update your receiver with any new or updated frequencies it finds on the satellite. eg your box may be scanning for Sky News on its old FEC of 2/3, but its new FEC is 5/6...
Also make sure your LNB is on Universal settings...with lo and high band frequencies set to 9.75 and 10.6 respectively. Incorrect settings means your box is looking at incorrect frequencies, and frequencies and therefore channels will be missed.

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
I think with your system you have a FTA Digi box so it will remember the channels & satellites it's been previously tuned to.
But if you are using the FTA tuner in the TV you often have to retune when you change satellites.

Either way location won't effect it, no need to do anything when you change location.

If you find it slow to find the sat when you move countries, go into settings and change the country, a trick if it won't lock onto Astra 2, is to set it to Hotbird and once locked on change to Astra 2. Hotbird position is close to Astra and a much stronger signal.

The Teleco system Laner Boy has doesn't give you the option to change countries, in theory it will keep spinning and changing elevation till it finds the bird.
The way Carthago set the Tv up is very strange and German biased strangely enough... the Alphatronics Tv was controlling the Teleco system remotely through disecq so we had to switch that off first. Not sure how up to date the channel software is in the Tv, not current at a guess but it does allow a usb update. Carthago have done something very strange with the wiring as the lnb feed from the Teleco unit feeds both TVs which is fundamentally wrong. I will be looking at it for him for nowt and happy to do so when he gets chance to pop down. As an aside I went to look at our new van yesterday and not impressed with the Alphatronics Tv fitted, tempted to add an Icecrypt box to give more flexibility and BT the radio to my little speaker rather than using the power hungry head unit for sound.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
This tv system is so f%$&^d up I can't even get ITV in the bedroom yet I have about 10 ITV channels on the lounge tv

I was told by selling dealer I would be able to get all the freeview channels via the satellite system but obviously not
Has a twin LNB system been fitted?

Could be that you have a Free To Air (FTA) via satellite on the front TV and conventional, terrestrial “Freeview” at the back. It would explain the difference in channel availability

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Had a long video chat with Lanerboy last week. It's a Twin LNB feed coming off the dish but pulling the output from the Teleco unit kills the sat feed to both TVs. Parking the TV in the lounge behind the chair also stops the feed to the rear TV. My deduction so far is the switch that closes when the Tv parks may also connect to an amp / splitter / Teleco unit. The Teleco needs a permanent feed to pass the sat signal through, slightly bonkers but it's does. The second lnb feed does not seem to run straight to the bedroom TV. "Out of the box" The Alphatronics Tv was controlling the dish position (a feature on the Teleco) so inadequately selecting a channel on 19east would send the dish spinning. We have fixed that by turning the Disecq off but I need trace the wires to sort it completely.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Had a long video chat with Lanerboy last week. It's a Twin LNB feed coming off the dish but pulling the output from the Teleco unit kills the sat feed to both TVs. Parking the TV in the lounge behind the chair also stops the feed to the rear TV. My deduction so far is the switch that closes when the Tv parks may also connect to an amp / splitter / Teleco unit. The Teleco needs a permanent feed to pass the sat signal through, slightly bonkers but it's does. The second lnb feed does not seem to run straight to the bedroom TV. "Out of the box" The Alphatronics Tv was controlling the dish position (a feature on the Teleco) so inadequately selecting a channel on 19east would send the dish spinning. We have fixed that by turning the Disecq off but I need trace the wires to sort it completely.
You are going to have fun, Carthago are a law into themselves when it comes to electrics.
I too have yet to see an Alphatronics TV that's any good.
You have just reminded me, I said I'd have a look at the sat/TV wiring on my mates new Carthago :eek:
He had an Icecrypt box fitted wired via HMDI (according to him), only gets crap sound out of the TV when using the Icecrypt. I expect the head unit gets its feed from the Telco box and probably gets crap sound on terestal TV as well.

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Doesn't matter where the dealer is if they haven't got a clue.
Oh yes....
On our soon to be had van the headunit gets the feed from the 3.5mm socket on the side, couldn't see the marking but I guess "headphone output". No audio out (or anything other than sat feed for that matter) from Teleco control box. Some TVs don't route the external audio out without setting up or sometimes not at all! Carthago also sent the feed from the Dvd headunit on good old fashioned composite cable so the picture will be... errrrr ....crap!
On our old van I fed the Tv through the Icecrypt sat box, digital audio from this went to a BT transmitter so we could listen to the radio through our Bose Soundlink inside or out without the Tv being on and using lots of power. When in "TV" mode the Bose sat by the Tv for better sound. It worked so well I am minded to do the same on the new beast.
Once Lanerboy finds the time to pop over I will "sniff" his cables out and find a solution.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I feed my mine to the head unit from the headphone out but I have a Clarion that only draws 2amps unlike the Pioneer that Carthago fit that takes 6 amps.

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Does the Clarion have BT, Dab & Dvd by any chance? Looking to change the Pioneer unit for something less power hungry.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
On our tv in the van every time you change channel the volume gets loud so have to turn it back down, then change channel bang back to loud.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Does the Clarion have BT, Dab & Dvd by any chance? Looking to change the Pioneer unit for something less power hungry.
Of course & satnav.:)
Mine is a NX502e with DAB adaptor getting on a bit now nearly 5 years old fitted it in the last van and moved it to this one.
If you look at the max power in the specs Clarion is 4 amps and Pioneer it I think 10 amps:eek:

Bought mine online from German company saved about £150 on UK prices, also bought when new model had just come out so 50% less than original price paid around £520 for it I think it was £650 in the UK, originally over a £1k.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Not sure Lenny it comes through the van speakers though. I tend not to use it much as it all a bit to complicated with the dish etc.

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
I agree it's a ball ache
Keep the faith matey. It should be simple, park up and level van away from trees/buildings to the South East. Press button on Teleco and dish comes up, a short while later it is locked on, turn on Tv and watch. Turn audio on in van if you want better sound... pour beer and relax. Bring it down and we will fix it, but not next week as we are getting ours on Tuesday ;-)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
If it was I would just pull all the wires out and start from scratch, much easier than trying to follow someone else's wiring.

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Going to see vansflyer tomorrow to see if he can sort this mess out can't wait