Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
I have a radio and single CD player. When I play the CD player, it works fine, but the moment I turn up the volume, it cuts out and goes back to radio. Any advice would be appreciated. :Sad:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I have a radio and single CD player. When I play the CD player, it works fine, but the moment I turn up the volume, it cuts out and goes back to radio. Any advice would be appreciated. :Sad:

Don't turn up the Volume.:RollEyes:

You DID ask for it.:ROFLMAO:

Is the voltage dropping to the unit when you turn it up?

May be affecting the Radio Logic.

Have you checked all the supply etc and earth?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Beachbum

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
Okay Yankee, I asked for it :ROFLMAO:
I haven't the faintest idea about currents or electronics. I will have it checked out when I go to Germany on Friday. The MH is still under gaurantee. Thanks any way buddy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Almost certainly being caused by a voltage drop. The CD carriage alone will take much more than the radio.

Turning the volume up probably momentarily cuts the set off, which then comes back on in radio mode.

Regards

Chris

OP
OP
Beachbum

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
Hi Chris, you hit the nail on the head, it is precisely what happens. What do I do to correct it. I am dumb as they come to Electronics, so please make it simple if I can correct it myself. Thanks buddy

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Beachbum,

There are a number of possible reasons.

1. Cabling could be too small/think.
2. Chances are the radio/cd was installed by a previous owner and picked up 12V from the wrong location.
3. Fuse may have gone high resistance. Seen it happen many time over the years. Basically there should be a fuse in line. It is worth changing it.

Those are the three main reasons. It would most certainly be worth pulling the unit out and checking the cable size and where the pick up was taken from.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards

Chris

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You use the edit button Chris, but it has to be shortly after the post as its function disappears after a short time, see at the bottom of this post it will say eddited once and give a reason should i choose to enter one

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Geo,

On other forums the edit button stays there all the time. Is it a quirk of this forum's software or what the programmers for the site want I wonder?

Oops, sorry, going off topic! We will get told off soon!

Chris

ooh I changed it!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Presently you have 10 minutes after posting to change the title of the post and 30 minutes to change the text of the post. After that your words are set in stone. This is about 3 times as long as most forums:Smile:

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Presently you have 10 minutes after posting to change the title of the post and 30 minutes to change the text of the post. After that your words are set in stone. This is about 3 times as long as most forums:Smile:

Hi Jim,

I am a regular on 6 forums and have just checked. All of them allow alteration of posts at any time!

Certainly not a complaint, just trying to understand why. I guess you are saying it is the way the site software works rather than something you have added?

Regards

Chris

OP
OP
Beachbum

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
Thanks Chris, I knew you meant "THIN" No problem. Tried the CD this morning. If I put the volume up a couple of notches at a time leaving a few seconds before increasing I hit my volume target and everything is then fine. When the song comes to an end and goes to the next song, the volume drops back to it's original low position. It only switches to Radio mode if I raise the volume too high instantly.

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Beachbum,

Almost certainly one of the things I suggested.

Have you had the chance to take the unit out and see what is behind?

Regards

Chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back