Styve100

Free Member
Jan 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Hi all, happy new year.
Thinking of a trip to france, west coast in june, anyone interested let me know.
Destination Ile de Oleron, beautiful place, self sustaining, beaches, ports with fresh sea food, cycle networks throughout. Possible trip from Cherbourg, about 350 miles from there. Vehicle use probably not needed throughout as everything near and cycle routes excellent. Great network of sites with discount affiliates. No tolls to island.

OP
OP
Styve100

Styve100

Free Member
Jan 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Never been but on my radar to go to Ile de Oleron, but I thought there was a toll to get there ?
No, the island above there is, but this is just a Road bridge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
:hi2: & :welcomesign:
First trip to the Ile was back in the early 70's
Very little restrictions back then,for wilding.
but as you say great place to be ,the old municiple site at St Dennis was good value a year or so back. Including ehu.

Nice ride out to the lighthouse museum .
And a good long ride back to the supermarche but a pub or two on the way back.
Plenty of Aires on the way to or from
Have fun.

Toll free since early 90's I believe

If coming from Cherbourg some nice little wilding spots on the peninsula ,but if you need a break going or coming ,and want a cycle along the canal tow path
https://www.campercontact.com/nl/fr...4-50-61/pontaubault/57779/vallee-de-la-selune

Run by a lovely English couple very helpful ,and re-negotiated price to €12 but in September

Last edited:

Markas

Free Member
Jul 13, 2017
Bressuire, Deux-Sevres
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Off and on since 2015
Hi, am currently helping out on a campsite in Bressuire so en-route to the Ile d'Oleron - puyrondcamping.com...look in if you're passing.
Can also recommend the Ile de Re - St Martin de Re is beautiful and has a great camping municipal open during the summer months.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
I may go to that area in May time, so will keep up with your thread. Where will you stay?

May 30, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach-built
Exp
Since 2013
Subject to the unmentionable B-Word I am planning to be in France for June with pooch. potted version is, doing same/similar route via pink granite coast then the islands as far as La Rochelle & slow gander back via Giverny, Monet!

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello Sally I'm now going to do the Wild Atlantic Way for two months - May & June. Then up to Port Patrick to the Rally. Sooooo… won't be on this trip, although nothing much has been posted since the first one, but maybe another time(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back