toilet floor (1 Viewer)

Apr 24, 2023
Funster No
MH
Herald 400RL
Assuming it's cracked I've looked at this recently. Replacing it will not be cost effective, you can do a fibreglass repair or pay a company (speedcoat? Unsure on theire services, just one that popped up) to do a repair.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Speedcote did an excellent job on our shower floor which cracked. Was around 8 years ago and still as good as new.
Replacement, even if we could have got the parts, was impossible without major deconstruction.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
If it's not too bad you might get away with using wood hardener ?
Assuming the cause of the damp has been addressed.
If it needs to be cut out you could state make model and year of motorhome for more specific information

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
If you are talking the wooden floor under the tray, carefully cut the area out with a vibrating multitool and sharp blade. Peel the top ply off the inner foam and replace. Then fit an aluminium plate over the entire area beneath the tray to stop it rotting again. The last one I did, I used a thin sheet of stainless steel I recycled. That will outlast the van

OP
OP
C
Jul 10, 2023
Cumnock KA18 1JS, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i6
Exp
I'm a newbie
Pictures would help. If it's an Elegance is it a normal floor, I.e. wood and lino or is it a shower tray?
It is wood and lino, it looks as though the cassette toilet hasn't been secured properly in the past. We have just recently bought it. Went away for 4 nights and discovered the rotted floor.

Apr 24, 2023
Funster No
MH
Herald 400RL
It is wood and lino, it looks as though the cassette toilet hasn't been secured properly in the past. We have just recently bought it. Went away for 4 nights and discovered the rotted floor.
You could enact a repair with some marine ply by cutting out the old plus some and putting some supports in and maybe some battons once the new piece is in (or I've seen angle iron too) but I've only seen the videos and never attempted it.
You're at your 5 post free limit now so would need to pay subs to post again!

Nov 15, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail V-Line
Exp
Since 2009
Burstner had issues with floor delamination, not Elegances I might add. There is a video on YouTube, I think by Camperuk, detailing how they dealt with it. It'll be worth a watch as it may give some pointers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
When we had a Bursner that had damp at rear it turned out to be the shower drain and it affected the floor across the back of the van we had i repaired by johns cross motorhomes .
have you identified where the water ingress is ?

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Welcome to Fun! Paying the subs buys you a wealth of help and information and buying a van to discover a rotten floor may only be the beginning of your troubles. I hope not but we've all been there. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back