LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Trying to understand what you mean ... have you bought 4 x 70ah cells to make a 280ah battery ... or DO you mean 4 x 280ah ones to make 1,120ah :oops: if the latter then prey tell what you plan on doing with all of that energy (assuming it's legal!).:smoke: 😄

Lifepo4 cells each have a nominal voltage of 3.2 volts, join 4 x 280Ah cells together in series and you have a 12.8 volt battery pack with 280Ah capacity, simples, as the furry guy says. (y)

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Today I went to the petrol station and filled up on a sandwich and a chocolate bar. No shortage, no queue, only the usual yobbos hanging around waiting to rob somebody.

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Received an early birthday present from the better half. 5G ready mobile broadband for the MoHo from Motorhome WiFi.

IMG_1745 1.jpg

Think I will mount it in the same overhead cupboard as the sat controller as there is space on the roof for the aerial. Instead of hardwiring it into the 12v circuit, I think I will put a cig socket under the Cytrac unit as it will give me another charging socket if required.

IMG_1746 1 (1).jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Lifepo4 cells each have a nominal voltage of 3.2 volts, join 4 x 280Ah cells together in series and you have a 12.8 volt battery pack with 280Ah capacity, simples, as the furry guy says. (y)
Ah (see what I did there 🤪 ) now it makes sense, so you aren't trying to be a 'mobile' Dr Frankenstein!😄

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
New one arrived, as promised in time for the weekend.

Then learnt a new lesson. NEVER EVER EVER EVER USE Dometic screws. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
I'm afraid to ask ... :eek:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Received an early birthday present from the better half. 5G ready mobile broadband for the MoHo from Motorhome WiFi.
I don't want to burst your bubble but that is a 4G router which means if you want 5G you'll need to get another one, it's all here on their website:

With an all new design and up to 20% higher gain for 4G, you are not only better connected but ready to receive 5G signals by upgrading your router when you’re ready.
I think it's a bit 'misleading' of them to state it is a 5G ready set-up as it isn't IMV.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

View attachment 544707

Think I will mount it in the same overhead cupboard as the sat controller as there is space on the roof for the aerial. Instead of hardwiring it into the 12v circuit, I think I will put a cig socket under the Cytrac unit as it will give me another charging socket if required.

View attachment 544708
Is the router ok with high voltages, which could be 13.6 bolts and more.
I supply mine via one of these set at 12 volts.
<Broken link removed>

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Is the router ok with high voltages, which could be 13.6 bolts and more.
I supply mine via one of these set at 12 volts.
<Broken link removed>
If you look under the router cradle there is a 12v power pack which comes with the router.

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
I don't want to burst your bubble but that is a 4G router which means if you want 5G you'll need to get another one, it's all here on their website:

With an all new design and up to 20% higher gain for 4G, you are not only better connected but ready to receive 5G signals by upgrading your router when you’re ready.
I think it's a bit 'misleading' of them to state it is a 5G ready set-up as it isn't IMV.
Its OK you haven't burst my bubble, because luckily enough I already have a 5G router which is pretty useless outside populated areas such as big cities. This set up will fit in nicely until such times as 5G is more widely available then I can swap between the 2 routers.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We bought a base vehicle service for our Carthago today, this is the first one it's had (at 2 years) with just over 8,000 miles on ... would be double the mileage by this age under normal circumstances. :( Anyway, no issues reported and cost the grand total of £204, they changed the filers, engine oil and washer fluid but no need for brake fluid to be done (they tested it) so that made it cheaper than it would otherwise have been.

We us the garage that has done our cars and campers for a while and use genuine parts/liquids so no issues with base warranty, mind you it runs out in 2 days so not a major issue anyway. :giggle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Its OK you haven't burst my bubble, because luckily enough I already have a 5G router which is pretty useless outside populated areas such as big cities. This set up will fit in nicely until such times as 5G is more widely available then I can swap between the 2 routers.
Phew ... that's a relief ... I'll stop :imoutahere:now! :LOL:

Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
I accidentally bought a Roku Premier streaming thing it seems. I was comparing Roku, Now TV and Firesticks last night, decided to leave it till later but this somehow found it's way into Mrs Keep Right On's amazon basket. So when she went into her account today to buy something she actually wanted, the Roku was hiding in the corner and she bought it, thinking I had deliberately popped it into the basket....... it arrives tomorrow
Doh

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I accidentally bought a Roku Premier streaming thing it seems. I was comparing Roku, Now TV and Firesticks last night, decided to leave it till later but this somehow found it's way into Mrs Keep Right On's amazon basket. So when she went into her account today to buy something she actually wanted, the Roku was hiding in the corner and she bought it, thinking I had deliberately popped it into the basket....... it arrives tomorrow
Doh
that old :rofl: excuse

Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
Bought an "electric multi-function cooking pan with lid" from local camping store - LTD

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Bought SWMBO a new steam iron - I know you are going to call me a generous romantic !!
The last one has lasted years - flex has gone - body cracked - and mould in the waterworks, the irons not much better either. ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:
She will no doubt have hours of fun with it no doubt.
As we are in the customer engagement system there was 30% off and free delivery so it's win win all round.
Also 2 new passports arrived only took a week.:cool:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Bought SWMBO a new steam iron - I know you are going to call me a generous romantic !!
The last one has lasted years - flex has gone - body cracked - and mould in the waterworks, the irons not much better either. ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:
She will no doubt have hours of fun with it no doubt.
As we are in the customer engagement system there was 30% off and free delivery so it's win win all round.
Also 2 new passports arrived only took a week.:cool:
Your a very lucky man .

Mar 14, 2020
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2015, still learning
Last night I was told by management that « we » have bought a new horse, over dinner, which I of course I also paid for.
I’ve been told everything for a horse only costs a fiver.
I bought a dog chariot and a wireless phone charger that fits in the cup holder

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I’ve bought MOT’s for our 2001 Hymer and Peugeot 107 both passed🙂
Same here. A nice new 13 month MOT and that has then also led to a new MAF sensor which Coastal Motorhomes were brilliant with, including giving me a discount code. Next day delivery too.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
A pair of Work boots.....After the H/A scare,feel like a Pig with two tails,lucky me.
Tea Bag (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back