THIS week I bought (2 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Keeping up my Yorkshire upbringing I spent a whole £6 pounds on the motorhome today.
One of the wardrobe door hinges has been jamming recently so I called into Magnum Motorhomes to see what was available. They had similar ones for £2 so I thought it would be worth replacing al three of them as they are all sixteen years old.
The screws holding them on to the door and frame were ridiculous being 1/4” long. I did a proper job and replaced them with longer ones.
Now the door closes without the hinges jamming.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
carparts.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Converted the van to Spanish bottled gas as here it is one quarter the UK price. :giggle:
I bought an alloy CEPSA 12.5 kg butane bottle from a neighbour (€12.00), and a jumbo adaptor and W20 pigtail from the local shop (€25.00). I exchanged the 12.5 kg bottle for €20.00, total cost €57.00. The two 6kg Calor bottles are now redundant, but considering that refilling both in the UK would cost some £68.00 then I am still quids in! We are leaving the van in storage here and will collect it in the Spring and head South for another 90 days, :love:

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
One of these for 20 quid as I can't peel and core apples one-handed. I've gathered a bucket of apples from a pal's trees hoping to make an apple pie for the very first time.
Fascinating bit of kit and it works really well.
1635495299793.png

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
One of these for 20 quid as I can't peel and core apples one-handed. I've gathered a bucket of apples from a pal's trees hoping to make an apple pie for the very first time.
View attachment 552162
To a precision engineer such as myself that appeals!:groan:

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
View attachment 552162
They’re very useful, but I’m not sure I could operate mine single-handed.
At apple harvest time I have a production line going in my kitchen. Husband on peeling and coring, me stewing them and making crumbles for the freezer. Only last week we ate the last of the 2020 vintage and have only just started on the April 2021 vintage. My “orchard” consists of just two apple trees - a Peasegood Nonsuch and a mystery variety that crops prolifically despite never being pruned or sprayed.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I bought an engine under tray. Might reduce some of the road grim that goes in to the engine bay. I'm also hoping for mild increases in fuel efficiency and a reduction to road/engine noise... but that's probably wishful thinking.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
My rechargeable Remington shaver battery gave up the ghost just after I put a new shaver head on it. :crying:

I bought this cheapish Chinese rechargeable shaver, and I have to say that it is the best shave I have ever had beating all the expensive
branded shavers I have had in the past, plus it recharges via USB, so great for using on the MH. (y)

1635500016510.png

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
My rechargeable Remington shaver battery gave up the ghost just after I put a new shaver head on it. :crying:

I bought this cheapish Chinese rechargeable shaver, and I have to say that it is the best shave I have ever had beating all the expensive
branded shavers I have had in the past, plus it recharges via USB, so great for using on the MH. (y)

View attachment 552184
Agreed. Mine is now two years old and still brilliant!

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp

View attachment 552184
Looks pretty similar. I use it in the van. I normally wet shave, but this is good for when I've not bothered for a while and it needs weed-whacking.
PXL_20211029_094020596.jpg

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
They’re very useful, but I’m not sure I could operate mine single-handed.
At apple harvest time I have a production line going in my kitchen. Husband on peeling and coring, me stewing them and making crumbles for the freezer. Only last week we ate the last of the 2020 vintage and have only just started on the April 2021 vintage. My “orchard” consists of just two apple trees - a Peasegood Nonsuch and a mystery variety that crops prolifically despite never being pruned or sprayed.
I've found it easy enough as it sticks to the worktop with a sucker and I've used it to peel potatoes and other veg for the first time in 11 years.
I've never made anything before with pastry so I bought some JusRoll ready-made pastry in a sheet which I'm hoping I'll be able to roll out using my grandmother's c120 year old wooden rolling pin. (My ex from 30 yrs ago has offered to do that bit if I find it impossible (y) ).

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
I've found it easy enough as it sticks to the worktop with a sucker and I've used it to peel potatoes and other veg for the first time in 11 years.
I've never made anything before with pastry so I bought some JusRoll ready-made pastry in a sheet which I'm hoping I'll be able to roll out using my grandmother's c120 year old wooden rolling pin. (My ex from 30 yrs ago has offered to do that bit if I find it impossible (y) ).
Are you sure about letting your ex loose with a rolling pin?

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Just got myself a pre-retirement prezzie.
A Bianchi hybrid bike - 2nd hand from our local bike shop, bèn after something like it for a while.
No pics yet as they are running the scanners over it, I'd already loaded the existing bikes on the van for the weekend away and have not told SWMBO yet - let you know which ward I finish up in.
music video laughing GIF by EBEN
john cleese play GIF

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Just got myself a pre-retirement prezzie.
A Bianchi hybrid bike - 2nd hand from our local bike shop, bèn after something like it for a while.
No pics yet as they are running the scanners over it, I'd already loaded the existing bikes on the van for the weekend away and have not told SWMBO yet - let you know which ward I finish up in.

Bianchi also made cars and a mate of mine has a 1918 Bianchi Tipo 12 roadster, you might recognize the colour.

1623172387020-png.504848

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back