LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Bought half a dozen of the "Lock M Out" devices for the window latches at the Peterborough show.

upload_2019-4-28_21-57-7.jpeg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just ordered a new petrol lawn mower ... our old one doesn't like starting now and it appears to be one of a few things, all of which won't be cheap to sort, so no point in messing about with it and it's done good service so can't complain as it didn't cost much but will put it on Freecycle/Gumtree in case someone wants to tinker with it or needs parts for their own.

As for the new one, fortunately I'd just got a 15% discount offer from Ebay so the cost is £100 delivered, can't complain at that!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
If you've ever had to open a Fray Bentos pie then you will know that it takes a very determined person to remove the lid so you can cook it.
I like these pies although anyone who likes cooking and makes their own pies will think these so called pies are not very good.
Anyway I’ve always struggled to open these pies until I bought this Culinare One-Touch Can Opener.
I’ve tried this on 4 pie tins now and although on some it did leave a small portion of the can not cut open it was enough to lever the lid off.
Can Opener.jpg

Best Wishes Tony

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Bought 2 storage bags at Peterborough for Dobbie Doblo my day van, should have bought one of the elctric fittings so I can plug into a normal electric socket, we have n in the big van, but it is in storage. Thought one would be plenty, if a certain someone says 'what you want is' once more I will suggest some changes for his KTM.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
If you've ever had to open a Fray Bentos pie then you will know that it takes a very determined person to remove the lid so you can cook it.
I like these pies although anyone who likes cooking and makes their own pies will think these so called pies are not very good.
Anyway I’ve always struggled to open these pies until I bought this Culinare One-Touch Can Opener.
I’ve tried this on 4 pie tins now and although on some it did leave a small portion of the can not cut open it was enough to lever the lid off.
View attachment 300378

Best Wishes Tony

@JJ will like this, he’s into his gadgets at the moment....:D

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

I have never, ever, ever had the slightest difficulty in removing the lids from Fray Bentos pies.

Guess what?

I use a can opener!

Genius or what?

JJ :cool:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just ordered a new petrol lawn mower ... our old one doesn't like starting now and it appears to be one of a few things, all of which won't be cheap to sort, so no point in messing about with it and it's done good service so can't complain as it didn't cost much but will put it on Freecycle/Gumtree in case someone wants to tinker with it or needs parts for their own.

As for the new one, fortunately I'd just got a 15% discount offer from Ebay so the cost is £100 delivered, can't complain at that!
Lawn mower arrived today but I couldn't have a play with it as it was hissing it down ... we've had wonderful sunshine then rain and hail today! Might have a go tomorrow.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Two sets of brake pads for the back axles.. before running the van over to have it MOTd this morning :)

I dunno if I am getting old or the bloody wheels are getting heavier.... I think I know the answer !

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Ordered a new lawn mower this week.
Problem is, we are away a lot and got fed up with coming home to grass that has gone mad. Last year it was so long that I had to strim it before I could mow it.
The answer is robotic, so ordered one of these:-
H310-1610.png

Its a Husqvarna 315x which has GPS and mobile connection so can be controlled via a phone app from anywhere.
So, while we are away in the van the robot can keep the garden looking tidy.
Just have to think of a name for it now, apparently it's the done thing to name them.
I rather favour Rodger so that, as I go out the door, I can shout to Kate "I'm just going out to Rodger the robot". :Eeek:
That should keep the neighbours gossiping. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Richard.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Problem is, we are away a lot and got fed up with coming home to grass that has gone mad. Last year it was so long that I had to strim it before I could mow it.
View attachment 300884
Its a Husqvarna 315x which has GPS and mobile connection so can be controlled via a phone app from anywhere.
Just have to think of a name for it now, apparently it's the done thing to name them.
I rather favour Rodger so that, as I go out the door, I can shout to Kate "I'm just going out to Rodger the robot". :Eeek:

Richard.
Be interested in hearing how you get on with it.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Be interested in hearing how you get on with it.
Won't have it for a couple of weeks yet as we have just had a renovated area of the garden re-turfed. Have to let it settle and start rooting before it's mowed, then the dealer will come in and lay the boundary wires and install the mower.
Will report back when it's up and running. (y)

Richard.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
View attachment 300884

Richard.
We have a Robomow called Robby but we have a jockey for ours called Arnie ......
20170714_114748.jpg

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Huawei P30 Pro Smart phone

First impressions are very good, fast, responsive and lots of storage.

Bought primarily for the camera specs but will update on that as things progress and I find out how to work it

Apr 23, 2018
Cambs
Funster No
MH
In between.
Exp
Since 2017
Some stickers with our MH dimensions on for the windscreen. Any suggestions on where to stick them? On second thoughts, don’t bother! :ROFLMAO:

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Some stickers with our MH dimensions on for the windscreen. Any suggestions on where to stick them? On second thoughts, don’t bother! :ROFLMAO:
Are these something special - any pictures or where you got them from?

Apr 23, 2018
Cambs
Funster No
MH
In between.
Exp
Since 2017
27FB22EB-1FCA-4547-8220-E9D08390BFFB.jpeg Hi Bustup15 they are nothing special. I had made some for myself but these ones look a abit more professional. They are from branksomebarn.co.uk and cost about £7.50 for the two.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Are these something special - any pictures or where you got them from?
We have them on some thick paper slotted on the rear of the driver's sun visor so if we need to check we can just flip it down.

Apr 23, 2018
Cambs
Funster No
MH
In between.
Exp
Since 2017
We have them on some thick paper slotted on the rear of the driver's sun visor so if we need to check we can just flip it down.
Me too. I printed it, laminated it and stuck it on my visor. Then I saw these and thought they would look better.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back