Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Please tell, are they really good or simply a bit of a gimmick.

I personally think they are invaluble. How can being able to monitor tyre pressures and temperatures in real-time be a bad thing? Detecting a slow puncture could easily prevent a blow-out.

It is interesting to see how the pressures rise once you start driving - typically up to 10psi on a long run.

You don't need to keep looking at the display, as high and low pressure alarms can be set.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
Please tell, are they really good or simply a bit of a gimmick. I'm a technology addict who also considers tyres seriously as they are the only things that keep you going in the direction you wish. I know if I bought one I'd be driving along looking at the pressures and temps saying to 'er indoors "Look ... X kph faster and the temp/pressure rises. I remember all too well watching our first auto washing machine turn clockwise .... stop ..... wait .... anticlockwise etc and with each change I expressed a "wooooo" just like the Minions today really

Not fitted them yet but you set pressure and temperature limits and if exceeded you get an audible and visual alarm from the dash unit indicating which tyre is a problem.
For me receiving a sudden low pressure warning , stopping could prevent a ruined tyre and possible loss of control.
Must be good.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Please tell, are they really good or simply a bit of a gimmick. I'm a technology addict who also considers tyres seriously as they are the only things that keep you going in the direction you wish. I know if I bought one I'd be driving along looking at the pressures and temps saying to 'er indoors "Look ... X kph faster and the temp/pressure rises. I remember all too well watching our first auto washing machine turn clockwise .... stop ..... wait .... anticlockwise etc and with each change I expressed a "wooooo" just like the Minions today really
If you would REALLY be tempted to keep looking at the display then I suggest you don't put it within your normal range of sight in the cab as it could prove distracting/dangerous.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I fitted the TyrePal Solar to our last van and transferred them over to our new van. I fitted them as I am always a little concerned when running tyres pumped up to 80 or 90 psi and would like an early warning of any potential problems ahead.

I suggest you don't put it within your normal range of sight in the cab as it could prove distracting/dangerous.
Don't worry about the unit being in your normal range of sight as the display is so small that you can not really read it from your normal driving position or at least I can't and I rely on the audible warnings.
It is very useful for checking your tyre pressures before you set off rather than getting the tyre pressure gauge out to check them.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have manufacturer fitted TPMS on our car but also have TyrePal for the feedback it gives - wouldn't be without it on the motorhome either. Have looked at other designs & cheaper versions but TyrePal still tops for us.
If considering it suggest buying before 14th April when their website prices will increase although we will then have a Fun & RVOC discount 10% off code but unlikely to make it a lower price than now https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/tyrepal-offer-prices-on-website-solar-colour-4-£95-delivery.171408/#post-2792217
Often worth looking out for unused or almost new sets on eBay too - we upgraded our older ones to the Solar ones this way recently (y) Also handy to have an extra sensor for spare tyre.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
Just be careful you don’t drop them. I was changing the batteries in one of the first sets they produced. Stopped working and they didn’t carry any more stock. I’ve since updated to solar though I find them more fiddly than the originals. Mike

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
In preparation for using the van in earnest when we set off to Portugal for nine weeks on June 3rd...

Hymer headlamp protectors from eBay - they might offer some protection - for £80 a pair worth a go.

headlight cover.JPG

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
In preparation for using the van in earnest when we set off to Portugal for nine weeks on June 3rd...

Tyrepal solar thing...I have also bought a RAC900 compressor for £23 off eBay (used 5 times by its owner!).

tyrepal.JPG

rac.JPG

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
A37EA13F-31F7-4A31-A098-D3B90860B81E.jpeg

Hymer headlamp protectors from eBay - they might offer some protection - for £80 a pair worth a go.

View attachment 224165

I got those recently and now a little peace of mind. I fitted chrome covers which improve appearance.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
A cigar lighter socket from China for next to nothing, and put a couple of croc clips on it to connect it to a roaming spare battery. Now I can check the pressures of all 26 tyres on the m/h, two cars, caravan, dinghy trailer, launching trolley, m/bike trailer in my drive plus the 4 on my m/bikes in the shed as the tyre pump had only a cigar lighter plug.
Thank goodness I don't have to struggle with a foot pump any more (or take them to my local garage at 50p a time).
2018-04-10 005.JPG

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
Are they just chrome screw caps @Larrynwin
Just had the headlight protectors delivered turns out the guy who makes and sells them lives about half a mile from us
Gary

They are chrome plated covers , I got mine from US but others on forum have recently found some on Ebay.
If no luck I’ll do a search.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
A cigar lighter socket from China for next to nothing, and put a couple of croc clips on it to connect it to a roaming spare battery. Now I can check the pressures of all 26 tyres on the m/h, two cars, caravan, dinghy trailer, launching trolley, m/bike trailer in my drive plus the 4 on my m/bikes in the shed as the tyre pump had only a cigar lighter plug.
Thank goodness I don't have to struggle with a foot pump any more (or take them to my local garage at 50p a time).
View attachment 224277

What kind of motorhome do you have which :cautious:needs 26 tyres??

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Went to the market today and bought 2 lovely throws for the beds in the new camper ... Riccardo Valeria (?) ones, lovely and super soft and snuggly ... only £5 each too. Decided to get something that would tone in with the camper colours rather than more red! :D

throw.jpg

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I’ve just bought this,
BF6E736E-19B3-40D0-BC46-04EC8C204E98.png

Our old Huawei e5776 battery was failing and the external aerial socket was loose, also I thought we were in a place with no ‘3’ coverage.
Well this new MIFI is a lot better, picking up 4g with no aerial.
Ordered a white one from ‘Very’ but got a black one and you couldn’t do click and collect. But very pleased so far.

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
A HUAWEI MiFi thing. Can’t wait to use it but still need a SIM card in order to do so. Wife says I’ll have to wait a short while because I’ve got to buy a new wheel trim to replace the one I damaged with my car trailer !
we've got the HUAWEI modem, superb, we use a "3" sim card, just perfect, lodge it in the groove by the diner window

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
We always think that Morrisons use their superb, ridiculously cheap donuts as a loss leader/tempter to get you in the shop so they can sell you their stupidly expensive breakfast cereals/coffee/lamb/fungal toe nail treatment/tomatoes etc., etc., etc.,......

Morrisons donuts are vile putrid evil little balls of pure nastiness filled with some kind of oozing primordial pond slime that has never been jam !
Sainsbury's use real jam (y)

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Morrisons donuts are vile putrid evil little balls of pure nastiness filled with some kind of oozing primordial pond slime that has never been jam !
They also don't use real sugar it is some kind of sweetened wallpaper paste !

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Ikea have Dooney doughnuts and they are the best says 'er indoors

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
One of these to replace my frost damaged one.

Golden rule, unscrew the shower hose to drain the final dregs of water or you could damage the tap:(
IMG_4543.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
One of these to replace my frost damaged one.

Golden rule, unscrew the shower hose to drain the final dregs of water or you could damage the tap:(
View attachment 224714
I'd just settle for being able to remember where the safe place is that I put the original tap for our camper so I can re-install it ... :LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I don't like jam ones, just custard and these are yummy ... not a problem if you don't like them ... more for me!!!! :D

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Just replaced my hobby drills that have seen better days. First off a few days ago was a Proxxon ibs/e with drill stand and a few more woodworking attachments, then a Dremel 4000 for raw power, and today, to replace my old cordless Dremel, a new Dremel 8220 Platinum.
It’s amazing how good this new stuff is after struggling with the old drills.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Just ordered Tyrepal Solar and mentioned @Wombles as the referrer and our resident bargain hunter. I've also asked them to include MHF as an option in the "where did you hear about us" as we're bigger than Facts! (y)

I'm now looking at headlamp protectors after dissing @Larrynwin and his nine suckers. :rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back