THIS week I bought (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
D

DL42846

Deleted User
I have bought an Awning for our new to us Motor Home. No idea what make it is as the wife bought it whilst I was looking at accessories. She wanted to see the colors that were available. When I went back to the desk the purchase had been made, the color matches the motor home but no idea what make it is. I know its four meters long. It will arrive in two weeks time.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Been buying some stuff for our new camper ... yes I know I've got loads of stuff already but as we're going from a transverse double bed to 2 singles (or a mahooooooosive kingsize), obviously our existing bedding isn't any good so mooching around B&M today I spotted some lovely red ... yes RED ... brushed cotton sheets with gold stars on them reduced to £4.99 and include a duvet covers and pillowcases or fitted sheets and pillowcases .... so we are now the proud owners of 'red light district' bedding!!! :p

2896196_1.jpg

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Had a nose in our local menswear designer business who sells a few bits and pieces from other local Nottinghamshire producers and couldnt resist this drink coaster....(although I can resist Skeggy the place!)
It's for the van:LOL:

IMG_20180330_122314.jpg

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
While waiting to take delivery of our first MH in June we've been quietly collecting all the 'bits' we need.
Today we had a 'biggy'! We had our driveway concreted and a security post put in place.
I just wish June would come a bit quicker, not that I want to wish my life away:whistle:

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
While waiting to take delivery of our first MH in June we've been quietly collecting all the 'bits' we need.
Today we had a 'biggy'! We had our driveway concreted and a security post put in place.
I just wish June would come a bit quicker, not that I want to wish my life away:whistle:

I'm the same and I've only had to wait just over two weeks :D

The gravelled parking area is 'on order'. Just waiting for the weather to change so our Dutch neighbour can bring his digger around and do the job. Had a disappointment with the plans submitted for a wooden arbre to cover the van. The plans got knocked back the departmental architect. We live about 80 metres from a church and so the planning regulations are much stricter for us. That said, nobody would be able to see the arbre from the church or any nearby houses and in any case, the big white van would be more obvious than wooden framework. So, I'll have to go to the architect's office in the big city armed with photographs and a plan of the sightlines and hope for the best.

When I was sorting out how to get down to Bordeaux to pick the MH up I'd got it cracked. Short car ride to the local railway station. Train to Angouleme then the TGV down to Bordeaux in time for lunch followed by a short tram ride across the city. Perfect. When I came to book it I discovered that the local line is closed for repair. Right, friends can drop me off at Angouleme. No problem. Until an email arrived to the effect that there would be a rail strike on that day! Bah! Looks like our friends are roped in for the full journey. It never rains.................

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
I'm the same and I've only had to wait just over two weeks :D

The gravelled parking area is 'on order'. Just waiting for the weather to change so our Dutch neighbour can bring his digger around and do the job. Had a disappointment with the plans submitted for a wooden arbre to cover the van. The plans got knocked back the departmental architect. We live about 80 metres from a church and so the planning regulations are much stricter for us. That said, nobody would be able to see the arbre from the church or any nearby houses and in any case, the big white van would be more obvious than wooden framework. So, I'll have to go to the architect's office in the big city armed with photographs and a plan of the sightlines and hope for the best.

When I was sorting out how to get down to Bordeaux to pick the MH up I'd got it cracked. Short car ride to the local railway station. Train to Angouleme then the TGV down to Bordeaux in time for lunch followed by a short tram ride across the city. Perfect. When I came to book it I discovered that the local line is closed for repair. Right, friends can drop me off at Angouleme. No problem. Until an email arrived to the effect that there would be a rail strike on that day! Bah! Looks like our friends are roped in for the full journey. It never rains.................
Good luck with the arbre. I thought I may have had trouble with my neighbours as I live in a mid-terrace house but they were fine. I got turned down by planning about building a dividing fence even though the neighbours were fine with it!
With regard to picking up our MH, the dealership offered that we could stay free on a site near their depot for the first night to check that everything is in order. We have the problem that my wife doesn't drive so taking the car is out of the question, we would require a lift there. The only person that will be able to take us would be my stepdaughter, but she would have to take her two young children, not forgetting our dog and all the 'bits' we would need to spend the night in the van would be impossible. As things stand we will bring the van home (a one hour drive) load it up and head off somewhere nearby. Apart from that we would need to get gas, fill the toilet chemicals etc etc and a number of things I probably haven't thought of!
However it turns out, enjoy your van, hope she's a good one :envy:;)(y)

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
It's his birthday the day we leave for Greece (April 10th) so I bought him a whizzy gadget (he wanted) a Garmin dash cam....apart from the cam it makes sure you don't drive to close to the vehicle in front and that you stay in your lane etc., etc., he's had it already just to familiarise before we leave...he's a happpy bunny:party3::Grin:

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
Good luck with the arbre. I thought I may have had trouble with my neighbours as I live in a mid-terrace house but they were fine. I got turned down by planning about building a dividing fence even though the neighbours were fine with it!
With regard to picking up our MH, the dealership offered that we could stay free on a site near their depot for the first night to check that everything is in order. We have the problem that my wife doesn't drive so taking the car is out of the question, we would require a lift there. The only person that will be able to take us would be my stepdaughter, but she would have to take her two young children, not forgetting our dog and all the 'bits' we would need to spend the night in the van would be impossible. As things stand we will bring the van home (a one hour drive) load it up and head off somewhere nearby. Apart from that we would need to get gas, fill the toilet chemicals etc etc and a number of things I probably haven't thought of!
However it turns out, enjoy your van, hope she's a good one :envy:;)(y)

Likewise, I hope that your plans go OK. (y)

A few years ago some friends were in a similar predicament. I volunteered to drive them, their dog and enough gear to get started about 4 hours into the Loire region to pick up a Pilote MH they bought via leboncoin from an elderly woman who had recently been widowed. The price was right.

They filled the back of my estate car with bedding, cutlery, crockery and all the other stuff they would need for a short holiday. Fortunately the gas bottles were included with the van so we didn't have to put the dog on the roof rack. :D

We won't get chance to use the one we are picking up for a couple of weeks. Then Little Wife goes off to the UK for a week and I'll give the van its maiden voyage on a solo fishing trip down to the Dordogne river. The destination will not be too far from the dealers so if I have any snagging faults I'll call in on my way home.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
it makes sure you don't drive to close to the vehicle in front and that you stay in your lane
I've got one of them, it's called a wife!:LOL:

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
The Bialetti Moka Express coffee maker I ordered arrived yesterday just as we were going out so I have only just had a chance to give it a go.
I like a nice strong coffee and this does just that and after my first cup I look like this :Eeek:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not MH related as such but still nice .... only 50p for 5 (will have a fight over the last one!)

upload_2018-4-2_16-57-5.jpeg

We got the custard ones again .... mmmm

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
A HUAWEI MiFi thing. Can’t wait to use it but still need a SIM card in order to do so. Wife says I’ll have to wait a short while because I’ve got to buy a new wheel trim to replace the one I damaged with my car trailer !
Is it just me or is there's a Where's Wally moment going on with your avatar:)
IMG_4542.PNG

IMG_4541.PNG

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
A new engine battery, it finally died after the winter. £105 with halfuds discount card.

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
some soft padding for the corners of cupboards to reduce (my) injuries................

scbunurse

Free Member
Jan 17, 2018
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Test driving tomorrow !!!
Exp
Oh yes - and a spanner, after we discovered when the gas ran out that the one supplied didn't fit:mad:, a chilly morning and no cooked breakfast!!

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
marvel mats from Dunelm.

They had some that were pretty close to the same colour as our van carpets and are easy to cut to suit the shape of our van entrance.
I also made a mat to go in front of the loo as my dear wife says as a bloke I tend to sprinkle :eek:

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Not MH related as such but still nice .... only 50p for 5 (will have a fight over the last one!)

View attachment 222674

We got the custard ones again .... mmmm
We always think that Morrisons use their superb, ridiculously cheap donuts as a loss leader/tempter to get you in the shop so they can sell you their stupidly expensive breakfast cereals/coffee/lamb/fungal toe nail treatment/tomatoes etc., etc., etc.,......

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We always think that Morrisons use their superb, ridiculously cheap donuts as a loss leader/tempter to get you in the shop so they can sell you their stupidly expensive breakfast cereals/coffee/lamb/fungal toe nail treatment/tomatoes etc., etc., etc.,......
Maybe, but it doesn't work on us ... we just grab the doughnuts and run! :D2

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I also made a mat to go in front of the loo as my dear wife says as a bloke I tend to sprinkle :eek:
:Eeek: Nooooooooooooooooooo ... that is SO unhygienic! You'll be telling us you've got a fluffy cover for your toilet seat lid next!!!! :censored:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Been buying some stuff for our new camper ... yes I know I've got loads of stuff already but as we're going from a transverse double bed to 2 singles (or a mahooooooosive kingsize), obviously our existing bedding isn't any good so mooching around B&M today I spotted some lovely red ... yes RED ... brushed cotton sheets with gold stars on them reduced to £4.99 and include a duvet covers and pillowcases or fitted sheets and pillowcases .... so we are now the proud owners of 'red light district' bedding!!! :p

2896196_1.jpg

Were you on 24 hours in police custody a few weeks ago ?(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Were you on 24 hours in police custody a few weeks ago ?(y)
Stop it ... or I'll tease you with my hose collection again ... :LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You do know you're meant to pay for them....:)
Yes ... and no ... before our last holiday along with other stuff we bought 2 x 4 pint bottles of milk from Morrisons but when carrying one in it split behind the handle, spilling the contents into the carport (and not in the car fortunately!). I emailed Morrisons and sent them photos as I was concerned that it might not be a 'one off' ... I hate to think of the stink if it had actually split in the car! o_O I didn't think much of it but they sent me a £10 voucher for taking the time to inform them about it ... so that's enough for 20 packs of doughnuts ....... mmmmmmmmmmm!!! :D

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Got me a Tyrepal , might save a tyre or a disaster :D

View attachment 223762

Please tell, are they really good or simply a bit of a gimmick. I'm a technology addict who also considers tyres seriously as they are the only things that keep you going in the direction you wish. I know if I bought one I'd be driving along looking at the pressures and temps saying to 'er indoors "Look ... X kph faster and the temp/pressure rises. I remember all too well watching our first auto washing machine turn clockwise .... stop ..... wait .... anticlockwise etc and with each change I expressed a "wooooo" just like the Minions today really

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thought you said you only brought doughnuts from Morrisons now your telling us you brought milk
As it was out last 'shop' before going on holiday and we were going for the doughnuts anyway (to take with us ... yum!) it made sense to get the milk etc there as there was no point in going anywhere else for the sake of it, but normally it's a case of grab a pack of doughnuts and nothing else. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back