LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
An afternoon well spent as it's all in. :Grin:but got a problem with the bluetooth dongle it looks like does not like the Android software version on my phone. :swear:

EDIT:- After a bit of dis-connecting and re-connecting I managed to get the dongle to connect to my tablet and after a firmware update on the dongle it finally decided to play ball and connect to my phone. :dance2:

battery-monitor1.jpg

battery-monitor2.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
A towbar and electrics to tow our scooter.

We downsized to a PVC in December, so it will be easier to get around in than the Coachbuilt, but we like two wheels for really exploring, especially throughout Europe in summer.(y)

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Yamaha SLG200S Guitar.
Hi Euphony I’d seen this guitar before and wanted it but forgot about it over the festive season, looks like you’ve rekindled my interest in it, I’ll have to see if the nice bank manager will let me have it as Christmas has cleaned me out. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
An afternoon well spent as it's all in. :Grin:but got a problem with the bluetooth dongle it looks like does not like the Android software version on my phone. :swear:

EDIT:- After a bit of dis-connecting and re-connecting I managed to get the dongle to connect to my tablet and after a firmware update on the dongle it finally decided to play ball and connect to my phone. :dance2:

View attachment 207775

View attachment 207774

You lost me,,BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I would imagine that there are plenty of things the you know and do that would have me saying WTF or how TF.

Probably but it would not involve technology ,,Got left behind somewhere,,yet had a mobile phone BRICK,,in mid 80 s..Dont know what happened,,BUSBY,,:confused::confused:

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
We bought 2 new habitation batteries and air suspension, on way to the weigh bridge now, fingers crossed we are still ok

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Hope you didn't have breakfast...:)

Well Busby, luckily I am on a diet, stricter one now, and Roy is too since the visit. We have added a spare wheel too, forgot that, so removed the corner steadies they were a few kg. We had 1/4 tank of water, 2 full gas just under 1/2 tank fuel, all the food in apart from fridge/freezer and we were now 9 kg under weight allowance. So we have 3 weeks before we leave to lose a few more kilos

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Well Busby, luckily I am on a diet, stricter one now, and Roy is too since the visit. We have added a spare wheel too, forgot that, so removed the corner steadies they were a few kg. We had 1/4 tank of water, 2 full gas just under 1/2 tank fuel, all the food in apart from fridge/freezer and we were now 9 kg under weight allowance. So we have 3 weeks before we leave to lose a few more kilos
When I first traded down from a coach built to a pop top I had a pile of stuff that had to go. I've not missed a single spanner. We tend to carry far too many what if's....;)

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Well I did an hour of Zumba and an hours Pound class, watch it on you tube it's a good workout, I kept thinking payload, payload.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
We gave in and bought a NutriBullet this week, as we are trying every way of building up our natural immune system to fend off all those nasty winter bugs that most of us caught over xmass
They are much cheaper now, and I cant think of an easier way to get your 5/7 fruit & veg per day in a glass, but we do normally eat loads of veggies anyway this is just an added bonus belt & braces approach.
Also bought all the seeds like Flax,Melon etc to add to the recipes, will be really handy when the allotment bears all its berry fruits in the spring & summer.
Cheers everyone.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We gave in and bought a NutriBullet this week, as we are trying every way of building up our natural immune system to fend off all those nasty winter bugs that most of us caught over xmass
They are much cheaper now, and I cant think of an easier way to get your 5/7 fruit & veg per day in a glass, but we do normally eat loads of veggies anyway this is just an added bonus belt & braces approach.
Also bought all the seeds like Flax,Melon etc to add to the recipes, will be really handy when the allotment bears all its berry fruits in the spring & summer.
Cheers everyone.
Just remember that fruit and veg also have calories in them, some quite a lot.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Just remember that fruit and veg also have calories in them, some quite a lot.
Thanks Minxy Girl, yes TinaL is more conscious of calories than I am. I know many think of as a meal replacement,(natural slim fast) and yes they are filling so I can see that happening. The Morning Coffee replacement looks like a great idea, and the daily Boost one looks good also. (but I do like my morning coffee)
We have only just tried it for the last few days, most recipes call for greens like Kale or Spinach, so plenty of Iron, and minerals from the seeds, so although yes, there are calories involved it must be so good for you on a regular basis.
Ingredients this time of year not cheap either, Blueberry s, Cranberries, Raspberries, Strawberries and the like as they are out of season, but cant wait for spring/summer when we harvest our own.
Its also helping me with my Diverticulitis problem, that I only found out I suffered from recently.
Only time will tell if it makes the remarkable improvements that its supposed to, but I will report back on that later.
Best wishes
Les & TinaL

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Following advice from the bloke who repaired our battery charger last year, I have just invested in 2 x 110Ah AGM batteries for the habitation side. Got them from County Batteries (or at least will get them when they land on our doorstep on Friday.)

Oh! Yes. A large rubber backed coir doormat, to cut into two lengths to act as entry points to the front of the 'van.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Just spent a few bob on a 38GB usb stick! Thought it was a good buy being 40P from a car boot!
Surprisingly enough......'it is exactly as it says on the tin' ! :Grin:

Kev

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back