Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Meet Lexi, our new to us hybrid.
The mice got into our old Toyota while it was locked in the garage when we were in Spain so the decision to change got bought forward.
Lexi.jpg

Lots of toys to play with and get my head around and in Sport mode goes like stink.

Richard.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Meet Lexi, our new to us hybrid.
The mice got into our old Toyota while it was locked in the garage when we were in Spain so the decision to change got bought forward.
View attachment 206647
Lots of toys to play with and get my head around and in Sport mode goes like stink.

Richard.

The mice will love that....:D2

Great cars, we have an is250....(y)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I never really looked at this thread as I thought it was all motorhome stuff but seeing @Euphony has added his beautiful Gretch I thought I might add this:-

https://goo.gl/images/LvJSNj

(Cheated a bit as it wasn't quite last week.)

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Got this last week for £1 from the car boot sale .... gotta keep up with the rest of the euk players!

IMG_20180102_193323.jpg

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Hmm been busy poor bank card is having a fit

10 LED 12v G4 lamps for the motorhome
6 LED Spots 12vG4 again for maxine
Bedding and kitchen utensils for the French Static

Today yet again hit the wallet
EE MiFi unitl ( not 3 but as daughter works for EE we get discount)

What else
2 Vinci tags for France ready for our trip in April with motorhome and car to Twin Lakes
DID buy a radio a couple of weeks back but that's on it's way back as it will not hold a signal at all

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Not so much what I have bought, but have ordered my new company car - same as last one, a Mitshubishi Outlander PHEV but this one comes with CarPlay to connect to iPhone instead of a built in SatNAv.

I'm looking for a new stereo and also a new Sat Nav for the MH so maybe something with CarPlay would let me use Apple Maps and keep the same favourites in both...

Anyone got an recommendations for a replacement radio with or without carplay?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Cadac Safari Chef 2 £85 from go outdoors with their discount card, also some spare pipe and a couple of quick release gas connectors.

Also ACSI book from Caravan and MH club £12.99 inc postage.

Martin

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
20180112_204520.jpg

I bought this because I am sick of being fleeced by workmen ..... but STILL not sorted as I can't use it .. my cupboard doors are still hanging off or are completely off. :( Any suggestions on how to use it would be appreciated please.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Hmm been busy poor bank card is having a fit

10 LED 12v G4 lamps for the motorhome
6 LED Spots 12vG4 again for maxine
Bedding and kitchen utensils for the French Static

Today yet again hit the wallet
EE MiFi unitl ( not 3 but as daughter works for EE we get discount)

What else
2 Vinci tags for France ready for our trip in April with motorhome and car to Twin Lakes
DID buy a radio a couple of weeks back but that's on it's way back as it will not hold a signal at all
EE one is great, I’ve not been anywhere ( in UK so far) that it doesn’t work. We run 2 iPad, 2 iPhone, Sky Box (for on demand) and ( when driving) the Sat Nav, all at the same time sometimes

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
:rofl:
View attachment 206882
I bought this because I am sick of being fleeced by workmen ..... but STILL not sorted as I can't use it .. my cupboard doors are still hanging off or are completely off. :( Any suggestions on how to use it would be appreciated please.
Pull the blue trigger whilst pointing at where you want the hole.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
View attachment 206882
Joy, you need the battery as well and charge the battery. Did it come with one? If not take it back.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Joy, you need the battery as well and charge the battery. Did it come with one? If not take it back.

:rofl:
Pull the blue trigger whilst pointing at where you want the hole.

You two have just made me laugh out loud .. really needed it. Thanks. (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@movan ... if your hinges are dropping off wouldn't you be better off with some of the below instead???
Masters_Screws_550-1024x768.jpg

ae235

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@movan ... if your hinges are dropping off wouldn't you be better off with some of the below instead???
Masters_Screws_550-1024x768.jpg

ae235

Hi Mel ... tried those ... but the wood is damaged and will have to MOVE the hinges up and down so that screwing into new wood/plywood or whatever ... the wood is too hard so I need to drill starting hole .. my problem being the instruction book made what I thought was simple into a Degree in Woodwork... torque numbers etc etc.... Also struggling to get the hinges to behave.

Am useless at diy ... ex used to do all that whilst I designed and worked on garden building ponds etc... Now I'm stuck. :(

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
You two have just made me laugh out loud .. really needed it. Thanks. (y)
Good - Joy, I nearly retracted it in case you didn’t share my sense of humour! It was my intent to make you laugh so glad it did.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Hi Mel ... tried those ... but the wood is damaged and will have to MOVE the hinges up and down so that screwing into new wood/plywood or whatever ... the wood is too hard so I need to drill starting hole .. my problem being the instruction book made what I thought was simple into a Degree in Woodwork... torque numbers etc etc.... Also struggling to get the hinges to behave.

Am useless at diy ... ex used to do all that whilst I designed and worked on garden building ponds etc... Now I'm stuck. :(
Do what most men do Joy and don't read the instructions ... no confusion then! :D

Before you start on your cupboards get some old wood and have a practice drilling holes etc so you get used to the tools.
  • Work out where you want the new hinges on the doors and then mark their positions
  • Select a drill bit that is a narrower than the screw
  • Put a piece of tape on the bit to mark the length of the screw (excluding the head) so you don't drill a longer hole than you need to
  • Slowly drill the hole down to the tape for as many holes as you need for each hinge
  • Attach the hinges to the door
  • Offer the door up to the frame and wedge it if you can so it sits 'still'
  • Mark the position of the hinges, then drill and screw in place - you might find it easier to do the top hinge first and screw it on, then do the bottom one.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day

Match sticks coat them in a little wood glue push into the oversized holes and leave for a day for the glue to set. Then off you go .... but gently. I have if in a rush used a hot glue gun, filled the hole with hot glue then pushed the the screw into the still soft glue.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Match sticks coat them in a little wood glue push into the oversized holes and leave for a day for the glue to set. Then off you go .... but gently. I have if in a rush used a hot glue gun, filled the hole with hot glue then pushed the the screw into the still soft glue.
She said the wood is damaged rather than the holes too big so I assume their current location isn't good enough, she can certainly glue the damage bits back together though but I don't think I'd leave the hinges at those locations as they'll likely come off again.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Yes . Thank you but I tried the matchsticks first .. the wood is too damaged. Thanks everybody. Xx

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hymer exsis i678 first 2017 unregistered got a good deal pick up in 2 weeks so excited first A Class MH we have had and feel like we have gone up in the world
Eek will you still talk to us coachbuilds!!!?;)

Cymbal

Free Member
Oct 26, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8 years
Our local Homebase has a clearance sale on. Picked up a rechargeable torch for £2.50 (reduced from the sale price of £5.00 because it had no micro USB charger) and a folding stool/step for £4.00. Both look good additions to payload:)
Maybe worth checking your Homebase (if you have one nearby) for bargains?

IMG_3343.JPG
IMG_3346.JPG

IMG_3344.JPG
IMG_3345.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back