This place is on the internet, so it's OK to say what you like here... (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
..AS LONG AS IT'S NICE.

If you like to put people down while putting them right; if you think it's OK to be churlish in response to a post you disagree with; if you get mad and insult people publicly or via a direct message. You are in the wrong place.

It's going to be a long winter. If you are at all angry or annoyed when you post here, don't expect to be here for much longer.

This is a place for the fun aspects of our hobby, a place where you can ask for help, and where help is freely given, most likely with a giggle thrown in. Let's keep it that way, please. Let's keep it fun. Thanks

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Well said , there are too many willing to dive in without thinking.....

bucket.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
I'm with you,being very opinionated myself, I often disagree with others, I sometimes become quite irate, I have been known to write posts, but delete them before posting as lifes to short. MHF is and should be a safe place to come and spend time without being abused for not knowing something and for getting advice.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
What's brought this on today, I havnt seen anything to complain about for weeks.
All seems very civilised to me. (y) :unsure:

I tend to agree but then I don't read everything that is posted. But, I can see the benefit of a timely reminder. (y)

Last edited:

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
What's brought this on today, I havnt seen anything to complain about for weeks.
All seems very civilised to me. (y) :unsure:
I think it was the F1 result post. Some really lost the plot with the OP on that one. :rolleyes:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Saw the F1 one but baffled with the coffee one

I THINK... but not sure.. it's our Oops ignore thread.. a bit of friendly sarcasm by Emmit.. The Oops thread is just a friendly, harmless bit of silliness: what are you going to ignore today, type of thing.. and we all just there should anyone have a problem in the middle of the silliness.

And we make coffee for each other. ... But he might not mean that thread.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I’ll have to check that out. ;)

Piff, Paff, Puff, As the Great Soperendo said, (Geoffrey Durham) (Ask your Mum).

There's nothing to see. It has disappeared as if by magic.

There's only 'Nice' comments there now.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I THINK... but not sure.. it's our Oops ignore thread.. a bit of friendly sarcasm by Emmit.. The Oops thread is just a friendly, harmless bit of silliness: what are you going to ignore today, type of thing.. and we all just there should anyone have a problem in the middle of the silliness.

And we make coffee for each other. ... But he might not mean that thread.

Me? Sarcastic?? B*gger! I get awards for cynicism but I've never climbed the heights of being thought sarcastic.

No. I read a 'Coffee machine/Generator' thread this morning and someone couldn't understand the OP's simple request for advice. The comments have now disappeared.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Piff, Paff, Puff, As the Great Soperendo said, (Geoffrey Durham) (Ask your Mum).

There's nothing to see. It has disappeared as if by magic.

There's only 'Nice' comments there now.
There are still some quotes, but I think you are right if the remaining quotes were anything to go by. Really must keep up, I always miss the threads were people are banned:rolleyes: first I know is when i see banned under a name, or chaser starts a thread with did I miss something, "why is so and so banned" ;)

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
That people are guessing it might be this thread or that, means that we're probably all aware we have some grumpy argumentative buggers on here lately :D. Actually it was not one but a combination of a few threads and rude direct messages that prompted this thread. Just so unnecessary and not in the spirit of fun.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
That people are guessing it might be this thread or that, means that we're probably all aware we have some grumpy argumentative buggers on here lately :D. Actually it was not one but a combination of a few threads and rude direct messages that prompted this thread. Just so unnecessary and not in the spirit of fun.
But Jim you keep arguing back and the good people of Coventry are getting peed off that so many argumentative old farts keep arriving from Fun. They are citing no social distancing guidelines and suggest you send them to Norfolk instead

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.

Must admit that I was gobsmacked yesterday by comments from some who's views I would always normally read. Its certainly time for the teddy throwing and disrespect for other member views to stop.;)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I think this is a timely reminder as we are in such a strange place with covid, clocks plunging us into darkness and winter on it's way.
We need each other so much, support & understanding is more important than it ever was.
I think Mr.A & I are lucky in the grand scheme of things, but this fluid situation still gets to us, I know I worry and shed tears for the situation of others far more than is good for me, but I can't help it.
We need to keep in mind WHY some of us could come across as being a bit off too, don't bite back with haste......if you must, agree to disagree.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back