This place is on the internet, so it's OK to say what you like here... (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
On BBC 1 Breakfast last week they were talking to old people in a care home and asked if they had any advice for the younger generations

One lady said very simply

'think before ink'

probably in her time referring to a letter, but this is pretty much the same typing on line

wise words (y)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
On BBC 1 Breakfast last week they were talking to old people in a care home and asked if they had any advice for the younger generations

'think before ink'

probably in her time referring to a letter, but this is pretty much the same typing on line

wise words (y)
or maybe she has a rude tattoo hidden away, probably all wrinkled

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
1603726054528.png

Good on you Jim....

Kev and Carolyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I've been to Coventry a couple of times.

These days if something has the prefix 'Rant', 'Moan', or 'You'll not like this' I try and think more than twice about joining in....

.... but hey sometimes I still do.....

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
At least twice in the last two or three weeks I have responded to a post.......

......then deleted before posting.

There does seem to have been an increase in argumentative responses recently which has tempted me to respond in kind. However, life is too short to waste it arguing with people you haven’t met.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
But Jim you keep arguing back and the good people of Coventry are getting peed off that so many argumentative old farts keep arriving from Fun. They are citing no social distancing guidelines and suggest you send them to Norfolk instead
Norfolk is still low risk. Don’t send those higher risk sorts from Coventry there.
Ooh Argh.
Phil

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Jim well tempered words that hopefully get the message across. As I said yesterday, a few threads were harking back to the bad days of 'Facts' which is why lots of us joined 'Fun'.

Thanks for the pro active and timely moderation.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.

'think before ink'

wise words (y)
Sage words

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
But Jim you keep arguing back and the good people of Coventry are getting peed off that so many argumentative old farts keep arriving from Fun. They are citing no social distancing guidelines and suggest you send them to Norfolk instead

Oi oy object to that . Narfuk is fullup :swear2: ;)

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
That people are guessing it might be this thread or that, means that we're probably all aware we have some grumpy argumentative buggers on here lately :D. Actually it was not one but a combination of a few threads and rude direct messages that prompted this thread. Just so unnecessary and not in the spirit of fun.

I think its a good idea to remember that after so much anxiety in the general population over the last 7/8 months many people have pent up frustrations and this forum like others is seeing an increase in outspokenness, and petty arguing, I spoke to another funster today who like me has seen a rise in a lack of patients.

One particular thread has just become an excuse to contradict pretty much what everyone else says, and upset someone needlessly to the point they stopped visiting.

I'm on two other forums and its just the same, its maybe just a sign of the times and will hopefully pass.

Meanwhile we may just have to allow keyboard warriors a bit more slack, as long as they don't get too personal or insulting.

In the meantime TheBig1's an ugly git ;)

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I think its a good idea to remember that after so much anxiety in the general population over the last 7/8 months many people have pent up frustrations and this forum like others is seeing an increase in outspokenness, and petty arguing, I spoke to another funster today who like me has seen a rise in a lack of patients.

One particular thread has just become an excuse to contradict pretty much what everyone else says, and upset someone needlessly to the point they stopped visiting.

I'm on two other forums and its just the same, its maybe just a sign of the times and will hopefully pass.

Meanwhile we may just have to allow keyboard warriors a bit more slack, as long as they don't get too personal or insulting.

In the meantime TheBig1's an ugly git ;)
You do know that Thebig1’s avatar is not a portrait, his ears don’t flop down like that 😙😙😙😙

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I love the ignore button!

In other news I left a review today about a service point on search for sites, it appears they would call the Police if you used the public toilet to empty your cassette. Can’t think of a specific offence of putting pooh down a toilet not directly from an anus but I was racking my brains for a while. Still none the wiser. :)

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I love the ignore button!

In other news I left a review today about a service point on search for sites, it appears they would call the Police if you used the public toilet to empty your cassette. Can’t think of a specific offence of putting pooh down a toilet not directly from an anus but I was racking my brains for a while. Still none the wiser. :)
Who is doing the reporting ? If you are using Green stuff in your cassette I cannot see what the issue could be as long as you cleaned up after you.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Who is doing the reporting ? If you are using Green stuff in your cassette I cannot see what the issue could be as long as you cleaned up after you.

I agree, however it is clear that some don’t clean up. Just like some don’t agree to the rules on this forum to avoid thread drift. :)

I watched someone bring a jug with blue fluid to the waste point when we ended up on a site, he must have measured it and even though it had a SOG system fitted he judiciously rinsed it and added the blue followed by a litre of water. I just chucked my really stinky stuff in and put the cap back on. Feel like a bit of a rebel now....

He was a nice chap though and even let someone chuck theirs in before me within splashing distance of him and his dosing. Not something I would ever contemplate. :)

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
I'm with you,being very opinionated myself, I often disagree with others, I sometimes become quite irate, I have been known to write posts, but delete them before posting as lifes to short. MHF is and should be a safe place to come and spend time without being abused for not knowing something and for getting advice.

No surprise being a West Ham man :winky:. Take it out on your owners instead. What do you think of Bowen?

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
This is not the place to comment on Mr Gold or Mr Sullivan, the west ham owners, except to say that they are successful business men, who would love west ham to win something. Jarrod Bowen has impressed me so far, Jim Bowen a true legend of game shows. See easy this being nice and nothing in my opinion untrue.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I agree, however it is clear that some don’t clean up. Just like some don’t agree to the rules on this forum to avoid thread drift. :)

I watched someone bring a jug with blue fluid to the waste point when we ended up on a site, he must have measured it and even though it had a SOG system fitted he judiciously rinsed it and added the blue followed by a litre of water. I just chucked my really stinky stuff in and put the cap back on. Feel like a bit of a rebel now....

He was a nice chap though and even let someone chuck theirs in before me within splashing distance of him and his dosing. Not something I would ever contemplate. :)

Well, you learn something new every day. I didn't know there was a rule not to thread drift. :(

I love seeing that ... pretty boring sitting on a couch in a u shaped lounge if you had to stick to topic. :(

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you wouldn't say it to someone's face, don't write it on MHF. That old adage of "what would your mother think if...." is probably a good yardstick. Good on you Jim, keep up the fine standards!
You haven't met my Mum have you ... she isn't referred to as the witch for nothing!

:giggle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Before ShiftZZ gets in, no we do NOT want them sent to Hull! :oops: We have enough to deal with having Chardonnay and her sprogs! :LOL:

Sep 13, 2018
Ludlow, UK
Funster No
MH
elddis 105 2015
Exp
before this it was in the 90 s
No surprise being a West Ham man :winky:. Take it out on your owners instead. What do you think of Bowen?

Excellent player, his attitude is as good as his skills AND I do have to eat humble pie regarding Moyes, reckon he is doing a good job so far and he should be given a new contract asap, not kept hanging on to see if we get sucked into a relegation fight first That would at least be part of an apology for his treatment before

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back