This is real policing (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
you do have to balance it against the crime committed at least three close calls with pedestrians if his a wanted killer maybe if he has failed to stop for a momnr is t justified

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ebo

Nov 9, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class Carado i449
Exp
Since 2009
Brilliant, but where were his mates when he needed them, cut backs I suppose.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have often wondered what would happen if when chased younslowed it right down. I mean 15 mph slow.
Too fat to be run after, too slow to be accused of reckless driving..
Given to outride plod is extremely unlikely ( ok, not impossible but unlikely ) the eventual outcome remains the same but you could have right larff fairly safely before getting nabbed

Sort of do an O.J. Simpson!

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Copper didn't have gloves on and bare arms :eek:, don't blame them in hot countries, you've just got to make sure you don't fall off ;)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Sum very god riding there on both parts that would have ben called of at the first corner in the uk
bill

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
He probably ran out of adrenaline , and common sense took over .
Those that try to flee don't realise that they have to be better than the one pursuing , not just equal , as its very much easier when you are following , as they are forwarning you of whats coming to a great part , as long as you don't get so close that you don't have enough reaction time.
The degree of risk by both parties was unacceptable JMHO .

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Caveat - We don't know the full story but....

Unless the offender was a wanted high value criminal, armed, or presenting a serious danger to the public there is just no justification for that. Think terrorist/fleeing murderer/kidnapper and we would be in the right area. Other than that they win, another chance will present or another unit will deal.

Clearly an unjustifiable and disproportionate response from the Officer; the Red Mist has descended. That's why we have senior Officer oversight in this country and they MUST be authorised.

Controller - "You want to do what for what?"

Officer - "A high speed m/c pursuit at night, through a busy built up area with pedestrian and vehicular traffic and poor lighting, without proper protection for either party"

Controller - "No, stand down".

By initiating the pursuit he endangered himself, the rider he was chasing and the many, many other road users that had to take avoiding action as they blasted through. It would never happen here, and rightly so. If a m/c Officer behaved like that he'd most probably be booted out of the unit.

Whether he is a good rider or not is immaterial, his judgement is flawed, he is not doing his job correctly. In initiating and continuing the pursuit he failed to conduct a generic risk assessment and the simplest of cost/benefit analysis, both simple tactics that would have been drilled into him at rider training.

Remember an officer's first and overriding duty is to ….."Preserve life", it's in the oath.

Some of you arm chair warriors relaxing out there really make me chuckle, you need to get a reality check. Do you have any idea how dangerous a pursuit like that is? Do you have any idea the likelihood of a fatality? For what? A minor ticketable violation?

No doubt you will be the same key board Zen masters who condemn the Police when they do pursue and cause a fatality because it was not justified or properly assessed. Or if the offender died as a result and was a relative, you would be shouting from the highest tower about the police being overly aggressive and looking for a public enquiry and compensation!

Or even worse, you were out and about on holiday having a great time with the family and friends and you got T-boned by 350 kilos of mounted Cop doing 70 mph as you crossed the road. I am sure your loved ones would have something to say about that, and rightly so.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots

Unless the offender was a wanted high value criminal, armed, or presenting a serious danger to the public there is just no justification for that. Think terrorist/fleeing murderer/kidnapper and we would be in the right area. Other than that they win, another chance will present or another unit will deal.

Clearly an unjustifiable and disproportionate response from the Officer; the Red Mist has descended. That's why we have senior Officer oversight in this country and they MUST be authorised.

Officer - "A high speed m/c pursuit at night, through a busy built up area with pedestrian and vehicular traffic and poor lighting, without proper protection for either party"

By initiating the pursuit he endangered himself, the rider he was chasing and the many, many other road users that had to take avoiding action as they blasted through. It would never happen here, and rightly so. If a m/c Officer behaved like that he'd most probably be booted out of the unit.

Whether he is a good rider or not is immaterial, his judgement is flawed, he is not doing his job correctly. In initiating and continuing the pursuit he failed to conduct a generic risk assessment and the simplest of cost/benefit analysis, both simple tactics that would have been drilled into him at rider training.

Remember an officer's first and overriding duty is to ….."Preserve life", it's in the oath.

Some of you arm chair warriors relaxing out there really make me chuckle, you need to get a reality check. Do you have any idea how dangerous a pursuit like that is? Do you have any idea the likelihood of a fatality? For what? A minor ticketable violation?

No doubt you will be the same key board Zen masters who condemn the Police when they do pursue and cause a fatality because it was not justified or properly assessed. Or if the offender died as a result and was a relative, you would be shouting from the highest tower about the police being overly aggressive and looking for a public enquiry and compensation!

Or even worse, you were out and about on holiday having a great time with the family and friends and you got T-boned by 350 kilos of mounted Cop doing 70 mph as you crossed the road. I am sure your loved ones would have something to say about that, and rightly so.
The lad running away didn't care if he killed somebody. He must be stopped at any cost.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

He was a young kid trying to get away from a copper Oh Please!, happens all the time in the UK, check out YouTube.
He could have run a red light or nicked some old ladies handbag.but public enemy number 1....i don't think so somehow.

The Spaniards obviously do it differently to the UK.
I'm sure there will be some countries would simply have shot him at first opportunity.
Others wouldn't have bothered doing anything.

It's their country, their rules, their way.

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
Unless the offender was a wanted high value criminal, armed, or presenting a serious danger to the public there is just no justification for that. Think terrorist/fleeing murderer/kidnapper and we would be in the right area.
Usually, at the point where the pursuit starts, you don't know why the suspect has failed to stop for you.
Clearly an unjustifiable and disproportionate response from the Officer; the Red Mist has descended.
Equally, from the video, you and I don't know what the circumstances are.

I've mentioned on here before: you're out and about when you signal someone to stop and he doesn't. Do you assume he's wanted, just committed a murder, has an expired driving licence or just fancies a bit of excitement? Discuss!

If you always assume it's not a serious offence involved, and therefore never pursue, criminals will never stop when required, and it wouldn't take long for everyone else to adopt the same approach - "If I do a runner, they will never pursue." That is, of course, exactly what happened with regard to moped crime on London until the recent change of policy.

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Nonsense on both counts, he ran because he was chased, the dangerous driving would have never occurred if he wasn't pursued - chicken and egg. You don't initiate a pursuit without justification or knowing why you are pursuing. A pursuit needs to be authorised for that reason, the pursuer is not in the decision loop for good reason, it too often ends in death because of poor decision making in the heat of the moment, prosecution, discipline, lost job, forfeited pension and prison follow on close behind.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Nonsense on both counts, he ran because he was chased, the dangerous driving would have never occurred if he wasn't pursued - chicken and egg. You don't initiate a pursuit without justification or knowing why you are pursuing. A pursuit needs to be authorised for that reason, the pursuer is not in the decision loop for good reason, it too often ends in death because of poor decision making in the heat of the moment, prosecution, discipline, lost job, forfeited pension and prison follow on close behind.
If that is the current policing thought process , god help us ? JMHO

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
It is and has been for many years. The collective musings on here display a fundemental misunderstanding of how the law and policing operate in the UK.
These are regulations, laws and procedures that have evolved over many years at the behest of you the voter and implemented by your elected representative in parliament, or established by the courts and pressured into existance by the media and press.

If you want a more robust response you must overturn those procedures, precedents and legislation that you wanted in the first place; but you should be careful what you wish for...

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Whatever the circumstances the kid definitely knew all the back streets.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You're still looking at this through the eyes of the British system.
Do you hear any radio commentary, sirens or anything other than the engine thrashing it's nuts off.... No, because......
THIS IS SPAIN.
Their country, their laws, their way.

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
I know its in a foreign place. I'm only opining on matters through a Brittish lense, we are after all renowned for our exemplary policing so it stands to reason that it can be used as a yard stick to grade tge performance of other forces.

As for the Elfin-safety comment above, I dispair. And the human rights comment? Really? What part of the declaration of human rights don't you like? Right to life? Right to freedom of movement? Right to religious and political freedom? Freedom of association and expression? Freedom from unfair incarceration? Freedom from cruel and degrading treatment? Right to a private and family life?

Should I continue? If you cant contribute to the debate then you should be quiet, your utterances only disply your ignorance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back