They nicked my new home... (1 Viewer)

Beerbiker

Free Member
Sep 13, 2017
Funster No
Just bought my first mh two weeks ago...bought new scooter put in garage for safe keeping...dead excited...b'tards stole it last night

If anyone sees a LMC Liberty 708 2008 LHD around YX08NDN or a Piaggio Liberty scooter GK67OXM both white please contact me.... there can't be many around...but probably in Belgium by now, sadly.

Plans for the 3 month Grand Tour to reward the missus and me for 35 years of self-employment now destroyed....Absolute b'stards

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Words fail me.
Get any photo's you have plastered across the internet, Facebook etc. and get it 'shared'

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Sorry to here that motorhome been stolen, it was bad enough when they broke into mine and stole some tech.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Feel sick inside for you. Bet you couldn't believe the empty space it left. :( hope they catch the swines.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It should look like this I think. The location where it was stolen would help but as has been been discussed on here before it has probably been stolen for the parts.

5656893-lmc-liberty-start-ti-708g-1.jpg

Aug 2, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo It 724
Exp
Since 2015
Just bought my first mh two weeks ago...bought new scooter put in garage for safe keeping...dead excited...b'tards stole it last night

I understand your feelings Beerbiker, We're still in the 'rage' zone after having our caravan nicked a couple of weeks ago, thieving bastards. Just don't expect too much in the way of input from the 'Elderly Williams'.

Out of interest, what security did you have?

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Hope you get it back in one piece. It's made my mind up to fit the easy anti theft. A wheel clamp. Never seen one on a M/H.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I would do a google search for "Ford thieves sentenced"

I might take an interest in the 5th one down from kent news and point the police in the direction of CCTV over the bridge to Sheppey for 2 or 3 days. Cant be that many motorhomes going over there at the moment.

Its just educated guesswork though

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
So sorry for you it looks just the same as our TEC freetec exceptwe have a garage door on both sides.......will keep a look out here in South Wales as we are on the route to Pembroke docks for ferries over to Ireland.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
So sorry to hear this. Hope your insurance are very understanding, and you get sorted as soon as possible.

OP
OP
Beerbiker

Beerbiker

Free Member
Sep 13, 2017
Funster No
I would do a google search for "Ford thieves sentenced"

I might take an interest in the 5th one down from kent news and point the police in the direction of CCTV over the bridge to Sheppey for 2 or 3 days. Cant be that many motorhomes going over there at the moment.

Its just educated guesswork though
Interesting thought although I don't think plod really give a damn..they are under pressure themselves, polite enough but will probably view it as just another stolen vehicle and not a stolen "home".

I have directly informed Kent police, Channel Tunnel police via Kent, Dover Port Police.....checked the CCTV on the nearest petrol station....the fuse had blown on the instrument panel and speedo/mileometer AND fuel gauge had stopped working so they would not have know how much fuel was in her.

OP
OP
Beerbiker

Beerbiker

Free Member
Sep 13, 2017
Funster No
Hope you get it back in one piece. It's made my mind up to fit the easy anti theft. A wheel clamp. Never seen one on a M/H.
I happened to find on one site an MH almost identical to ours stolen from a home drive. It had a wheel clamp removed!

OP
OP
Beerbiker

Beerbiker

Free Member
Sep 13, 2017
Funster No
Sorry to hear the news we have a ford and invested in Eddievanbitz security . I do hope you get it back and your adventure can continue.
What's so frustrating is that it has not started..we were just planning where to be for Xmas and after booking a couple of places when I walked outside to see Matilda gone....

OP
OP
Beerbiker

Beerbiker

Free Member
Sep 13, 2017
Funster No
get out right now and do a drive around. the thieves generally steal these vans then leave them parked within about 2 miles for 24/48 hours to check for a tracker. best chance to recover your pride and joy
Done but nothing...ty for the advice...

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Mother Fu@@@@s!!!!

A vehicle theft is one thing but as you say this is a home! I check mine every day for any tampering in case someone is planning it and testing the locks etc.

Can only imagine how gutted you must feel.

What is it with Ford base vehicles over say Fiats? Are people ripping them off for parts like engines etc?

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
They are so easy to steal. The Insurance Companies are going to get really fed up with the number that are lost. Ford won't do anything because it will cost them a fortune as they will have to do do somethi ng to every vehicle they have sold for the last 10 years or so. What a shame. The security devices that are available can be defeated with a battery powered angle grinder and keys for picking the locks are readily available on ebay.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Thats terrible, thieving gits, are you on FB @Beerbiker get it shared on there, more eyes more chance to find.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back