There's a Bearded Vulture About! (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Only the second ever Bearded Vulture to be seen in the UK was spotted over Kenilworth two days ago. It was heading north and by now could be over the Lake District, Pennines or even reached Scotland. 😀

<Broken link removed>

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Cold here in Devon too but it's a lot wetter further north I think. :(
Tell me about it! And windier!
However gave a great opportunity to test the windscreen scuttle fixes I'm doing on the motorhome!:Smile: So far so good!:Smile::clap2::pray:

Reactions: DBK
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Cold here in Devon too but it's a lot wetter further north I think. :(
Dry and warm here in Sub Tropical Riddings,,had a two minute shower of rain earlier,,BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks for that DBK, most interesting. I hope it survives if visiting Scotland some keepers and landowners can have a very unpleasant attitude towards birds of prey up north.
Good point, hopefully it will avoid any grouse moors. ☹️

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Problem is that they can be shot as they are not on the list of protected birds its treated as a blow in

• Thanks
OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Sheffield is now one of the greenest cities in the whole of Europe. Long gone are the days of the smoke and smell from the steelworks.
Yeh but its full of roadworks and stupid traffic calming measures that make your journey twice as long!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Yeh but its full of roadworks and stupid traffic calming measures that make your journey twice as long!
Thought that was common throughout the UK..BUSBY :giggle: :giggle:

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Thought that was common throughout the UK..BUSBY :giggle: :giggle:
Probably is but at 7am in a galaxy far far away in a time zone called March 2020 it took us nearly 4 hours to transit Sheffield, granted there might have been one or two RTC and the *odd* road repairs* but it felt like the object was to ban any diesel or petrol powered vehicle from Sheffield or its environs! ( I used to go camping with the scouts/cubs back in the 1960's at Hesley Wood for a week, all gear tied on the back of a flat back trailer, tied on, kids told to wrap up and put anoraks on and then sat, with no seat belts etc on top of the camping gear over the Pennines to Hesley Wood , mum used to judge how good a time we had had by how bad we smelt coming home!

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Probably is but at 7am in a galaxy far far away in a time zone called March 2020 it took us nearly 4 hours to transit Sheffield, granted there might have been one or two RTC and the *odd* road repairs* but it felt like the object was to ban any diesel or petrol powered vehicle from Sheffield or its environs! ( I used to go camping with the scouts/cubs back in the 1960's at Hesley Wood for a week, all gear tied on the back of a flat back trailer, tied on, kids told to wrap up and put anoraks on and then sat, with no seat belts etc on top of the camping gear over the Pennines to Hesley Wood , mum used to judge how good a time we had had by how bad we smelt coming home!
You're obviously doing something wrong. I can get across Sheffield from the west to the east with our 7.5m m/h in well under an hour. That can be A57 to the M1, Castleton to the M1 or Bakewell to the M1. The only roadworks I can think of at the moment are on the inner ring road and I came through them yesterday in the car in about 5 minutes. Where are you coming from and going to?

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
You're obviously doing something wrong. I can get across Sheffield from the west to the east with our 7.5m m/h in well under an hour. That can be A57 to the M1, Castleton to the M1 or Bakewell to the M1. The only roadworks I can think of at the moment are on the inner ring road and I came through them yesterday in the car in about 5 minutes. Where are you coming from and going to?
We came from The Three Merry Lads at Redmires to go to Holbrook to get an external screen made, just before lock down, set off at 7 am and got to Holbrook at 11.45am the traffic was gridlocked and solid No idea why, been through on the motorbike in less than 10 mins!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back