The Joys of Benidorm! (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
May I add that you can't book Albir Blanch in advance. You just turn up and hope that the Dutch already there haven't told their mates about the latest vacant pitch and you've been beaten to it!
We stayed there twice, nice location but the receptionist is unbelievable, she's chatting away with her friends on the phone for 5 or more minutes before she can be bothered to talk to you.. Then the last time we went she rudely demanded "PASSPORT" Ann gave her hers and she said "NO, HIS!" and pointed to me. We went back outside to get it and choose a pitch. I said to Ann you know what? Let's just go to Torreta, we did and have never been back since 👍

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Villasol for me. Nice bar, decent wee shop, nice pools (indoor and outdoor) and close to everything. I'm not there yet but you could always give them a phone to ask about availability.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Villasol for me. Nice bar, decent wee shop, nice pools (indoor and outdoor) and close to everything. I'm not there yet but you could always give them a phone to ask about availability.
We have used villasol twice in the past. Good site with no issues for us. We like it as its the closest to everything. We won't be plugging in though as we found the electric to be expensive.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I enjoyed seeing it from the motorway and turning right 😉

I also enjoyed seeing this building from the AP7.... reminded me of when I lived in China.

View attachment 549081
So many tales about how that building came about and the trials and tribulations during and after construction.
One was they put more floors on than they were allowed to, consiquently the lifte didn't go to the top. All tales i know but some are really weird ones.

GHN

Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks hymermick and John Barrett for your informative, useful and friendly replies.

'Chris' - your reply wasn't useful, friendly or informative - it was 'arsey' as you say so why bother!! When someone is seeking on the ground, current info from those who have experience of the topic, forums such as MHF are great. If you've nothing positive to contribute to the topic then keep your 'arsey' comments to yourself.

Regards Greg

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thanks hymermick and John Barrett for your informative, useful and friendly replies.

'Chris' - your reply wasn't useful, friendly or informative - it was 'arsey' as you say so why bother!! When someone is seeking on the ground, current info from those who have experience of the topic, forums such as MHF are great. If you've nothing positive to contribute to the topic then keep your 'arsey' comments to yourself.

Regards Greg
Apologies Greg. I honestly wasn’t intending to be arsey but I can see that’s how it came across

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We stayed there twice, nice location but the receptionist is unbelievable, she's chatting away with her friends on the phone for 5 or more minutes before she can be bothered to talk to you.. Then the last time we went she rudely demanded "PASSPORT" Ann gave her hers and she said "NO, HIS!" and pointed to me. We went back outside to get it and choose a pitch. I said to Ann you know what? Let's just go to Torreta, we did and have never been back since 👍
You have to remember that A ,Spaniards rarely use please or thank you. It is a straight request or reply to what was asked or needed.
B, in most places the man is head of the household. Anything official required it is the man's they require.

GHN

Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
'Chris' - apology accepted.

'Richard N Ann' - that is an offensive reply. Is it really necessary to use such language on a public forum. Be tolerant of other people's views - if your negative or against something then explain why in a factual way using acceptable language. Be kind, tolerant, charitable and happy!

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
'Chris' - apology accepted.

'Richard N Ann' - that is an offensive reply. Is it really necessary to use such language on a public forum. Be tolerant of other people's views - if your negative or against something then explain why in a factual way using acceptable language. Be kind, tolerant, charitable and happy!
Good lord, it was only a joke obviously.
Don't you see smileys?

And anyway shite isn't too bad 🤔 it's a polite way to say sh1t 😉👍

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
So many tales about how that building came about and the trials and tribulations during and after construction.
One was they put more floors on than they were allowed to, consiquently? the lifts didn't go to the top. All tales i know but some are really weird ones.
:coffee:

Jun 18, 2008
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hymer B588 PL
Exp
34 Years
One campsite to avoid in the winter is La Torreta unless you are a good swimmer!:p

Attachments

• IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 85
Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
I posted this request under another thread but posting it here may produce more responses.

Currently near Oliva/Denia we're probably going to move to Benidorm next weekend - we've never been and have heard and read a colourful array of comments about it, but want to sample it for ourselves.

So looking at the 4 ACSI sites - Camping Villasol, Camping Arena Blanc's, Camping Armanello and Camping cap Blanch :-

Are any funsters there who can tell me how full they are and which they prefer?

Useful comments will be appreciated.
Thanks Greg
We have spent many happy winters in and around Benidorm but our site of choice is Cap Blanch.
For us, the location is perfect and much quieter than the Benidorm sites. It's a twenty five minute stroll along the front to Altea or the tram/ train station to Denia/ Alicante. It's minutes from the centre of Albir and of course just across the road from the beautiful beach
It's 20 mins on bikes into Benidorm
We have never had any trouble getting on there but have occasionally seen it full. There's always people waiting/ camping on their car park but invariably they are waiting for their preferred pitch to come available.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Don’t knock it, how many sites can say every pitch has its own swimming pool…😆
It adds to the holiday excitement for us, especially when it starts raining.. Will it flood 🤔 won't it flood 🤔
Then when it starts coming in at the bottom of the site 😬 yikes! will it reach us?! Will it stop?! 😝

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Yep that’s where we are! Was a bit nervy with the rain the other day lol.
We're halfway down the hill on the right. Red scoot will be outside if we're in.
Got an absolute stinker of a cough/cold though at the minute, just fetched some penicillin for chest infection.

It's not covid 😊

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Aldi's still don't have the sliced gherkins in but whole ones in jars have reappeared.
(y)
Been a ride up to Aldi at Albir and got the non sliced ones out of desperation 🥴, I thought if they're hard I'll slice them and put them back in the pickle juice to soften up 🤔 anyway they're not hard at all 😍 the slicing machine at the factory must just be broken.
20211021_153302.jpg

€1.29 👍
Gherkin sandwiches for dinner 😘

Jun 18, 2008
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hymer B588 PL
Exp
34 Years
Been a ride up to Aldi at Albir and got the non sliced ones out of desperation 🥴, I thought if they're hard I'll slice them and put them back in the pickle juice to soften up 🤔 anyway they're not hard at all 😍 the slicing machine at the factory must just be broken.
View attachment 550005
€1.29 👍

Men​

View attachment 550005
€1.29 👍
Mendoza Supermarket in Albir have the sliced one's.

Oct 22, 2020
God's Own County
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H592
Exp
Since 2018
View attachment 550005
€1.29 👍

What just gherkins 😲 no pastrami and mustard or corned horse? 😋

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
View attachment 550005
€1.29 👍
I've never had hard ones with thst make from Aldi. Always soft.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back