The Future is not that far off...... (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I read it's more efficient to use electricity for direct propulsion than generate hydrogen with it 🤔 but at least we won't need millions of tonnes of lithium 👍

Deleted User
It’s an obvious solution as it’s a clean burning fuel, but the infrastructure is nowhere near practical, and the major players don’t seem to want to erm..... play :confused:

It has its drawbacks though, it doesn’t liquify under practical pressures so you need very high pressure tanks to have a usable range. A load of high pressure tanks of explosive gas driving round the country is a scary thing.

I can’t see H replacing LPG for many years to come (if ever)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BusyBuilder
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Hydrogen will replace LPG as they are already putting 20% Hydrogen into gas system in north west, it's working towards replacing natural gas with Hydrogen, so don't see why we would carry LPG when we would be carrying Hydrogen.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
A thought just crossed my mind. How feasible might it be to use hydrogen in place of LPG, with a different regulator maybe? 🤔

Wyn

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
They wrap the tank in carbon hydrogen doesn’t leak through it like metal.

Deleted User
Or yours!

You(or I) must try to understand that us illiterate northerners use the word 'your' to indicate anyone, including 'one's self' in preference to 'one's' which would indicate a certain 'poshness' :Smile:

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
You(or I) must try to understand that us illiterate northerners use the word 'your' to indicate anyone, including 'one's self' in preference to 'one's' which would indicate a certain 'poshness' :Smile:
There is nothing wrong with being 'posh' as you put it. Some of us were dragged up that way down South and had no choice...

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The tank would be the one also used for driving the vehicle, why would you need two ?
Same reason you have two batteries. In fact even more reason, because if the H2 runs out you're going nowhere. With a flat starter battery at least you have a chance of a jump start.

Deleted User
There is nothing wrong with being 'posh' as you put it. Some of us were dragged up that way down South and had no choice...

Where I come from if one had started to use the word one to mean anything other than a number then I think one may well have been subject to more than a little p*** taking at the very least :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back