Tam and Toby ~~ Hunting Zorba .....Take two. (2 Viewers)

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Can you not avoid France and sail back to U.K. from northern Spain.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Can you not avoid France and sail back to U.K. from northern Spain.
Did you not follow my first trip to Spain? The one where i was sick on the boat?
As it is im dreading the 22 hour crossing from Patra to Ancona lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 2, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 196
Exp
Can you not travel through Switzerland via Milan and then through Germany, Belgium into France just before Dunkirk?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Can you not travel through Switzerland via Milan and then through Germany, Belgium into France just before Dunkirk?
I had thought about it but its more borders and more restrictions to get my head around

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
I have suffered with "car sickness" since childhood. My parents could reduce me to instant nausea at the site of "Quells" travel pills (other brands aree available). I graduated to sea-sickness as a teenager whilst working on Sark CI. and can be queezy during take off and landing on flights.
Many years ago my brother, then a Royal Marine gave me some travel pills that the marines were issued with 1called "Avomine" I have never seen these on view at a chemist but on asking they have always been available.
These have solved all my woes, I can happily use any form of transport after taking one of tbese pills or one every 24hours for prolonged travel more than this does cause me serious drowsiness.
If sea crossings are a source of concern to Tam,I would highly recommend this product but whether he could actually find tbem at this point I wouldn't like to say but before his next trip I would strony recommend keeping a packet stashed in the moho.

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Stay in Greece...weather will be really picking up and April is meant to be absolutely beautiful...spring flowers all come out in Peloponnese ...Greek Easter (1st May ) lots of celebrations and lockdown will end with bars and restaurants opening up so I hear. Then head back in nicer weather and lockdown restrictions ease up in France and Italy.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Stay in Greece...weather will be really picking up and April is meant to be absolutely beautiful...spring flowers all come out in Peloponnese ...Greek Easter (1st May ) lots of celebrations and lockdown will end with bars and restaurants opening up so I hear. Then head back in nicer weather and lockdown restrictions ease up in France and Italy.
I can't ....

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Did you not follow my first trip to Spain? The one where i was sick on the boat?
As it is im dreading the 22 hour crossing from Patra to Ancona lol
So sorry for not remembering every post you make. Only trying to be helpful. :doh:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
He can't due to 90 in 180 day rule.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Is that even being tracked at the moment ? Northernraider could say he has been in Croatia.
I expect I would have to prove it ....i think my passport will be stamped when i cross channel and they will assume since stamping began on jan 2nd that ive been here before that. And i think its up to you to prove you haven't overstayed not the other way round.

But besides that if i want to travel again next winter and have built my vario before then I can't spend any more time here just now. I need at least 6 months to build it and i need to earn a few quid back home too

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Literally felt the earth move earlier ...theres been a few earthquakes the last few days up near olympus ...its weird but you feel the van kind of shuffling
Happened to us too . Épicentre was at Sparta . Strange though van moved but when you stood outside you couldn’t feel it . Must be the tyres ?

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Literally felt the earth move earlier ...theres been a few earthquakes the last few days up near olympus ...its weird but you feel the van kind of shuffling
Sounds like you and Jackie are going to the next level.....well done ! keep it up ....literally

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Screenshot_20210308-223942_Chrome.jpg

Think it was the highlighted ones i felt although there was one over 6 mag the other day

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back