Tam and Toby ~~ Hunting Zorba .....Take two. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Anyone care to open a book on this happening - or not?
10 to 1 here says it will happen!::bigsmile:
Trust me it most certainly won't
I think he thinks more of her than he lets on, without her he would have had a lonely old couple of months.
Ive said it before she's alright ....and yes company has been good although i would like the odd week here and there just with my dogs
As a proud Scot surely he would wish to share the glories of his homeland with a poor underprivileged Englander?
She's welsh I'll not be seeing much of my homeland ill be up to my neck in mercedes ...and working

Sep 8, 2017
Monmouth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4
Exp
Since March 2015
How big is your Mum’s drive? Obviously presently accommodating the newly purchased Mercedes and your little work car? Will Toby fit on the drive too? I guess you will sell Toby as soon as you are home and move back in the house with Mum whilst you undertake the conversion? Exciting times for you Tam. What’s your target completion date?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
How big is your Mum’s drive? Obviously presently accommodating the newly purchased Mercedes and your little work car? Will Toby fit on the drive too? I guess you will sell Toby as soon as you are home and move back in the house with Mum whilst you undertake the conversion? Exciting times for you Tam. What’s your target completion date?
The drive used to have 2 x 7 metre motorhomes and 2 cars on it but my sister's mh is now stored elsewhere so they will all fit. But ideally i need to find somewhere to put the vario till i build it as i cant really do it at my mums. I'll be keeping and living in toby till the vario is at a stage i could live in it. Won't be moving in to mums ill either be parked in the drive in toby again or ill be parked up wherever i can get a place to work on the vario. I reckon it will be at least 6 months to build but who knows as ive not even seen the vario in the flesh yet ....

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Wow you certainly do love living in a Motorhome Tam, I would have thought a few months living in your mums house whilst the Vario is built would be a welcome change.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Wow you certainly do love living in a Motorhome Tam, I would have thought a few months living in your mums house whilst the Vario is built would be a welcome change.
Nah i like my own space ....and my mum is a nightmare to live with anyway

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Here you go Tam

According to Google, there are three, two of which have an on-line presence : -
https://www.facebook.com/vetocimes/
http://www.altivet.com/

The first one looks as though it is to the south of the town. The other seems to be in / near the town centre

Edit - I have found them both on Google Earth. The first, Vetocimes, is on a commercial estate with various shops, etc around it. Parking should be relatively easy. No indication on their Facebook page about languages spoken

On the other hand, Altivet is certainly within the centre and parking is payable via a meter, if you can find a space large enough. The one big advantage is that their web site indicates that English is spoken in the clinic

John

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
How about this, any help, this is a screen shot of vets map on forum
9C3E4289-8ABD-4FB9-8A05-BB847703E81A.png

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Man this ever changing covid stuff is a right pain ....you think you've formulated a plan then something else comes up and its back to square one.

The plan was to not bother with a test here in greece as its hard to get one and its not required to transit italy anyway.
So arrive in Ancona saturday between 3 and 3.30pm drive to Bologna stop overnight for curfew 1800 -6am ...then drive to turin sunday and stop between turin and french border sunday night ...cross border monday morning straight to briancon for covid test then vet and then head for calais getting tunnel wednesday at some point.

But

French want a test done before entering france and unlike every other country it has to be a PCR test ....which is not easy to get done in Italy and especially on a late Saturday afternoon or Sunday.

A test done in greece doesn't give enough time to get in to france.

If i cant get a test done in italy Saturday afternoon then it would be monday which is more than 36 hours in italy ..turin airport does tests but not PCR tests

Trying to find test places online is a pita

Bloody french are a pita

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Don't worry it will have all changed by next weekend. :LOL:

I can understand the French wanting test results before you enter. They have the highest infection rate in Europe 2½ times the UK rate. Don't understand why most of the silly buggers don't want to be vaccinated.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017

I can understand the French wanting test results before you enter. They have the highest infection rate in Europe 2½ times the UK rate. Don't understand why most of the silly buggers don't want to be vaccinated.
Our french friends told us they are “rebellious” and also that their own GP isn’t having the jab.

Perhaps “silly buggers” explains it.:rolleyes::LOL:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

I can understand them wanting tests too its just the irony that if they accepted the quick antigen test id be in and kut of france quicker with less contact than the pcr test that takes longer etc ...its just a pita trying to book vets tunnel home tests in uk etc in advance when you have to rely on results that can take 24 to 48 hours

And we all know that the tunnel etc gets more expensive the closer you get to the time you want to travel .

Its already an expensive trip home using tollroads and motorway fuel etc ....4 or 5 tests in 10 -12 days .

Its just a bit frustrating that if simply allowed to transit through at a sensible rate i could avoid contact with people etc much much easier.

France and italy are the last places i want to be for any time right now i just want through them and home

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
How hard is it to get a test in Greece and is it the PCR test? I'd be tempted to slightly bend the rules and get it done just before leaving Greece and if the French say it's out of date hit them with a sob story saying you broke down and took longer to transit.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I am not there so my advice is worth next to nothing, but could you just get what you need to get into Italy, then travel as far as you can , hopefully the French border, before you need anything else, then if you need to have a test to get into France, have it done there by the French and wait a couple of days till you get the results, and away.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
I am not there so my advice is worth next to nothing, but could you just get what you need to get into Italy, then travel as far as you can , hopefully the French border, before you need anything else, then if you need to have a test to get into France, have it done there by the French and wait a couple of days till you get the results, and away.
Yes I agree. Whilst in common with chaser I'm not there. But if the worst happens I cant see the French wanting build up at the border and will have to be pragmatic with those who just wish to transit through their country.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
How hard is it to get a test in Greece and is it the PCR test? I'd be tempted to slightly bend the rules and get it done just before leaving Greece and if the French say it's out of date hit them with a sob story saying you broke down and took longer to transit.
Getting a pcr test in greece is also hard work none available at patras .... kalamata is an option but then youve to get the timing right there too as its further away from the port. And the french border patrol are taking no prisoners apparently ...manned 24hours and stopping all vehicles ...no pcr within 72 hours =€135 fine.
That was my plan i can get in to italy no problem nothing required ...but no pcr tests anywhere in north italy only antigen tests at turin airport.
If you Google covid test near turin it gives you briancon in france which is whyid thought just go straight there monday morning for test. ...but theres a good chance id be stopped and fined at border before getting there.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
At the minute we think we might be able to get a pcr test done at Ancona airport but its all in italian so we have to decipher translation ....but they are open till 5.30 pm on Saturday so we are trying to book tests for once we get off the boat hopefully no delays at port etc otherwise we would have to wait till monday for test .... results available within 30 hours apparently

That would then get us in to france buy still need a further test to get in to the uk but a quick antigen test does that from what ive read

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
You might find the airport is for departures /arrival passengers only.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
1500 is the Italian national help number might be able to help.international num
+39 0232008345.also look at SYNLAB.IT
That's helpful info (y) . I Just had a look at Synlab.it. If I understand it correctly, you download the app, which comes up with all the locations then you click on the one where you want to make an appointment. There seem to be plenty around the Venice area.
WARNING - I haven't looked at the app, just the website, and I'm not fluent in Italian. Google Translate may help.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You might find the airport is for departures /arrival passengers only.
No we've checked that anyone can use it
You can just turn up for the quick antigen tests if you wre flying but the pcr have to be booked and its 24 -30 hour results

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back