Talbot Express Accelerator Pedal

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by wildcamper, Apr 1, 2009.

1. wildcamper

wildcamper

Ratings:
    +3
    Not sure if its just me, but I find the driving position in the Talbot Express really uncomfortable!!! so much so that I advertised my camper on E---:Eeek:
    Today after several attemps by Dawn to prop me up with cushions I knew she really didn't want to sell "Molly" :cry:
    So after being out in the BMW and realising how comfortable it was to drive, I decided to modify the accelerator pedal on Molly, so out came the cutter :Eeek:
    I cut the pedal arm down and for now until I get a BMW pedal or similar, I've made a pedal which works a treat and what a difference its made :thumb: just like driving a car.
    So now Molly's staying and the BM's is going :Angry::cry:

So if you find the accelerator pedal to high, try it :thumb:

2. Caztur

Caztur Funster

Ratings:
    +194
    I used to stick my other foot underneath and use it as a heel rest on long journeys. ::bigsmile:

Unless we were going uphill, in which case I stood up with my foot flat down on it.

I think it was one of the most awkwards bu**ers to drive I've ever come across - which is one of the reasons why I gave up and went back to a caravan. And also why I'm taking my time and looking at many options before I revert.

Is the Peugeot/Fiat more modern equivalent as awkward?

3. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Ratings:
    +6,034
    I built a flat floor in my cab, which not only solved the pedal problem but also gave 3 small underfloor storage areas to take things like towrope, jumpleads etc. Becuase the cab floor was originall lower than the conversion floor it also got rid of a trip hazard.:thumb:

4. wildcamper

wildcamper

Ratings:
    +3

Never thought to use my other foot :Doh: would have saved alot of work.

Not quite sure about the newer peugeot/fiat, the newest one I've had was an R reg and I can't remember what it drove like :Eeek:

5. wildcamper

wildcamper

Ratings:
    +3
    Good tip :thumb: will keep that in mind.