Swift People with Truma combis please confirm if ...... (1 Viewer)

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
My van PVC (swift 2019) Has the swift command touchscreen unit and the Truma CP control panel, The clock on the Truma unit which I keep setting with the correct time clears itself back to 00.00 every time we switch off the Swift command panel button.
Can this be right ?
Surely there should be some sort of power retained by the CP panel to keep the clock running ?

May 19, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Migrateur
Exp
I have a Fleurette Migrater with the same system and it does exactly the same, the power to your Truma system goes through the command panel, so when you shut that off you are also closing down the power to the Truma panel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SD j

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks all,

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
yes, Swift, AT, AS and other Marquis efforts have certainly combined with Sargent to make things a whole lot easier.....NOT!
proprietry forums full of panels that dont work, keep turning off, need resetting, unable to use the basic kit if the 'master' system is not working....
do we really need all this extra layering? NO.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sounds like Swift don't follow the manufacturers instructions when installing. The CP Plus should be wired to a permanent supply as should the heater.
Why do you turn off the panel anyway? We always leave our panel on apart from maintenance never turned our panel off in 3 years.

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
nor do we, Lenny....van on the drive now with panel on....solar keeping batteries charged.
water pump turned off, at the panel, TRUMA off at CP plus panel...
thank goodness no interface between the two...

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Mine stays on 2007 model

Sep 16, 2019
Hayling Island, UK
Funster No
MH
Itineo PF600
Exp
Motohome since 2004 and Caravan since 1979
Hi, I have a Swift Escape 612 (2019) and when I turn the command off it also turns the Truma control off......And when I start the engine it obviously turns off the command and yes it turns of the Truma as well! Bizarre!

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
i guess this is a 'really useful' NCC regulation....all 12v off when engine running?
of course, we dont have any of this with our Geman van....12v is on if i turn it on and off if i turn it off....
how is the Truma Drive Safe system working if 12v at Command system and the Truma goes off when vehicle is running?
ive read that 12v to fridge stays on (obviously) but not sure about heating??

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
We spoke to a new Swift PVC owner last year whilst in Germany and they had exactly the same problem. Whenever they started the engine, it turned everything off, so every time they stopped they had to reset the clocks on the control panel and Truma panel. They asked if my Malibu did that, (it doesn't), so suggested they speak with their dealer (their van was 2 weeks old). They confirmed that they had spoken with the dealer in the UK already and that they had said that their van was wired correctly. They were finding it extremely frustrating and annoying. If it was my van, I think I would be doing a little bit of re-wiring :sneaky:

Cheers

Trevor

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back