Sweet Caroline is Back (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I could be wrong but I think AT dropped the Mohican name a few years back and I don't think they've built on Mercedes chassis for a while, as well.:unsure: Later 2000's maybe? :unsure:

Allied to 32k in 2 years I'm wondering if sweet caroline has had a fat finger moment on the year in her original post?:unsure:

edit: wonder if it's with Motorhome Depot Ipswich and is a 2002 plate with 32k?
Thatā€™s my thoughts too

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I could be wrong but I think AT dropped the Mohican name a few years back and I don't think they've built on Mercedes chassis for a while, as well.:unsure: Later 2000's maybe? :unsure:

Allied to 32k in 2 years I'm wondering if sweet caroline has had a fat finger moment on the year in her original post?:unsure:

edit: wonder if it's with Motorhome Depot Ipswich and is a 2002 plate with 32k?
Makes perfect sense.
We all have a fit finger moment occasionally šŸ˜‰

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
sweet caroline Just seen a similar post and another cosideration is what weight is the Moho plated at and does your driving licence cover it?

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 14th year & still loving it.
Hi Sweet Caroline, think you typed the wrong year in for the Mohican is it this one you have seen?

There is another newer model for not much more money with perhaps a better finish, hope this helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
OWWWWWWWWWW Dear, now you are worrying me ! Horror Stories, a bit ambiguous?
here is a lady embarking on this alone, and my life savings, so please could you tell me what horror stories are surrounding this vehicle please.

As I said, I am having all the inspections under the sun, as I plan to travel all of the UK, getting used to the vehicle, but then onto Europe, but HORROR STORIES, are shattering my dreams
Welcome back, someone will come up with horror stories for every make and model, you never hear about the good ones.
We were looked on with horror when we bought a new Swift, it'll leak, it has no payload it wont last, you'll regret it. It was a great van loved it had over 600kg payload, only sold because it was a lightweight chassis and we couldn't have a tow bar.
You are having everything checked, but do check it yourself too then get in get off and enjoy.
P.S. just for the record our friends had no issues at all with their Autotrail.

Jan 27, 2019
Teesside
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
Since 2016
I am sure your van will be fine, 32k is nothing on diesel engine and Benz make good ones. Solo travels, you will be fine, been doing that for 5 years. Have a great time and I suggest some uk shake down trips before you try euroland. Enjoy

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Welcome back and nice to see you have not been put off for life with your previous experience.

We've never had an Autotrail but know several people who have them (or have had them) without any issues at all.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
owwww dear ! But spending about 1200 for Hab Test, Full Service, MOT, 6 month Warranty too, so I am crossing fingers, Ive done as much as I can to be secure with buying the MH xxxxFingers
I'm from Felixstowe, all I would say is, don't use Marquis of Ipswich for anything other than parts, that's if you can get through to Katy, I'm not sure if they sell Autotrail though.
If you want Electrics done Contact "Stowmarket Vehicle Installs" Owner Tony Sparrow, his place is a unit ona small Industrial estate at Old Newton about 2 to,3 miles outside Stowmarket

Last edited:

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
I had a look at the pictures and Iā€™m donā€™t know if it has fresh water underslung tanks but noticed the caravan aquarol so if it has tanks possibly they leak

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
The other thing you can check yourself is cracks in the shower tray and if the waste outlet is loose

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
It does looked cracked around the outlet waste the repair option is a plastic coating thatā€™s about Ā£200

SWW

Oct 12, 2010
Funster No
I'm from Felixstowe, all I would say is, don't use Marquis of Ipswich for anything other than parts, that's if you can get through to Katy, I'm not sure if they sell Autotrail though.
If you want Electrics done Contact "Stowmarket Vehicle Installs" Owner Tony Sparrow, his place is a unit ona small Industrial estate at Old Newton about 2 to,3 miles outside Stowmarket
Tony Sparrow is brilliant.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back