Superdrug introducing fair use policy 23rd Feb. (1 Viewer)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I bet you look lovely now Steve.:rofl:

If your ip is constantly changing your internet would be dropping in & out whilst browsing not just on the bank sites, sounds a bit weird.

As you have a directional aerial have a look at Mastdata and see if there is another cell mast you can log onto & see what happens.
YUP, I am moisturized up to my ear lobes ;);)
I think the first thing I will try is to make a note of the tower number I am connected to over a couple of hours then swap for my French Sim and see if I get the same problems and the same tower. But it is one of those things that I probably will not resolve unless it happens with all providers.
As I said in my answer to jongood I couldn't get line of sight to the nearest tower but I am getting a maximum 5 bars.
Last night I was getting 75Mbps down & 50 up but now only 21 down and 0.6 up. Which is the nature of the beast I am afraid. It is a much more crowded network than I had in France.
Any other thoughts, let me know. I just wondered if it was a result of going via a reseller with perhaps a slightly crippled network. But now there is limited roaming there is no reason to stay with Superdrug.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Using a superdrug sim sim now in Spain no problem logging on to any banking or .gov site.
Thanks for the feedback. It is very strange. I have just changed the Superdrug sim in my router to my French Free.fr one from my phone and I could connect to Santander and to the french Gov site and did what I needed to do with no problem. Unfortunately I am limited to just 25 Gb while in the Uk so can't use it permanently. But it shows that the Superdrug connection is at fault. Perhaps a dodgy sim or there is some limitation with the Superdrug offering.
Unfortunately tracing the cell ID to a tower number doesn't seem to work because it puts me up near the Boarders rather than Telford. I am using the Cellmapper.net site.
Does anybody know if it could be a sim fault and worth getting a replacement sim?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back