Storage Renewals - Caravan and Motorhome Club - Increase (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
C
Jun 20, 2021
UK
Funster No
MH
Semi integrated
And to give CAMC some positive's
I have found the facilities at the storage area to be great
A van washing area. Van waste and water facilities. Loo’s as well
It’s gold secure and the staff are always helpful
So whilst £810 I still feel is on the expensive side it’s nice to have all the facilities. Some of the alternatives may be cheaper but not yet worth a move

Blimey. I’ve just convinced myself that £810 is good value 🤪😂🤷

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
So do they carry insurance and how secure?
It doesn't matter whether they have or not they are only for the sites benefit. Anyone storing there in the event of any type of accident/claim/fire would have to be claiming off there own insurance.Just like car parks/supermarkets there will be disclaimers & statements that your vehicle must be insured & no liability accepted..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
A lot does depend on where you live in the country.
Mine is stored in a gold cassoa site located in Grimsby , hard standing, CCTV, fob entry, wash bay, run by a family business.
They charge £42 / month. I've been expecting an increase for the past two years.
Maybe this coming year now, having posted this.
Same facilities here, just gone up from £45 to £48pm. Could park it on the drive but very exposed and steep. Storage site is better for me.

I’m not surprised about CAMC storage costs, charging over the odds is what they do best.

Jul 2, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Adria 690 Platinum
Exp
Ex Caravan owner now a Motorhome owner since November 2020
We have ours is on a storage site on hard standing two locked gate’s and all covered by 4 cameras, can go to the site any time, cost £350 a year, and you can leave your car on the pitch when away, near Rushden Northants

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Yep, rip off because it’s Kent. I pay £80 a month for a rough bit of ground, in the open, no power and a single tap that I can reach at a stretch of the hose, constantly having to wash the van due to the amount of trees and the dreaded green slime. Mind you, it’s 2 miles from home, access 24/7 and a saving of £20 a month over the last location, that was 17 miles away and a shite hole, with limited access.

Would love a warm, heated barn and power.
Where in Kent are you storing Sounds like Medway Bridge Marina?

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
We're £40/mo for a outside hardcore yard at a farm, access to water, electricity if needed, but not perm ehu. 24/7 access (with pre notification in winter), exterior gate with coded phone access in both directions, interior yard with a secondary 12 ft solid steel gate, with tractor parked behind unless you have pre-notified. Stores 100 mh/van and ~ lots of valulable farm equipments. It is CassoA assessed at moment as Silver, but he's aiming for Platinum and improves things every month.

24/7 security man on site, cameras, fences and high sides so cannot avoid the above single route in.

ABout the only negative in ^ is fact it's a farm, but theres also a positive in there are SEVERAL businesses with way more valuable stock than the mh/vans with far less security further up the same gated compond. Ie, it's a bit like if anyone was scoping the place they'd go for the easier pickings I suspect.

Downside is the farmer offering this is quite old, and we doubt he'll be doing this for ever -> but he loves the caravan/motorhomers doing it. Oh and best bit is there is both a gas distibuter of flogas and a cafe on site, allowing us to all just get refills and lunch without any faff via some of his other tenants -> and the gas distributor even is large enough that they will never not have stock of every size of bottle so there is no 6kg issues in supply unlike calor.

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
CASSOA Silver site 4 miles from home, near Perth. £235 for a big hardstanding. Access 0800 to 2000, or any time with advance notice. No facilities other than secure access.

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
£530 per annum. Waste of money but no where closer.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Took me over 12 months of looking before I found a new place to live as wanted parking for the van.
Took another 9 months to rebuild most of it and get it all finished ready to move into😁 now have a nice 15m by 4.5m parking space for the van down the side behind gates and then 2 cars parked in front so pretty secure🤔🤔
If it came to parking it in a yard it would be sold as my mate has had his caravan damaged in a yard 3 times now and nobody has owned up to it🤬🤬

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
If I couldn't store at home I'd move house. 1st thing I always looked at. Garaging & vehicle parking off road. House could always be altered to suit.
the same if i could not park at home i would probably give it up

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I have used storage sites for the last 15 years. None of the 3 were cassoa rated and I have never had any damage or problems. I believe 2 of the sites have had thefts at some stage but if reports on here are anything to go by thefts from home drives also happen from time to time. If storage sites were more vulnerable my insurance company would charge more for using one but they say it makes no difference, the cost is based on the post code.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back