Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
This van was stolen in Ilkley West Yorkshire last night from a secure compound

WX15 ELO. Roller team zefiro 675. Its my neighbours and they are gutted as we all would be. Please pm me if you see it.

DSC_0841.JPG

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
This van was stolen in Ilkley West Yorkshire last night from a secure compound

WX15 ELO. Roller team zefiro 675. Its my neighbours and they are gutted as we all would be. Please pm me if you see it.

View attachment 297316
Post on Facebook and I will share for you. Check the local area sometimes they get parked up locally to check if they have a tracker fitted.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
If I was a gambling man I'd put money on it been debodied by now and become a pickup.
The body will be propped up somewhere as the recent Chausan vans found in the south east were.
Good luck with your search.

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
Unfortunately no immobiliser or tracker. But trackers can be ignored by the police. @big map thanks for that suggestion I will ask them to do that

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Does not bare thinking about really ..whatever cab it has. Long and short of it is that its gone and is now possibly lost. Sorry for your friends. Hopefully its insured well and will receive a proper payout?
A bummer to say the least though!! :pray:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
Thanks for that kind thought. They and the kids had a number of holidays booked. The thieves sawed the steering lock in half and dumped it.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for that kind thought. They and the kids had a number of holidays booked. The thieves sawed the steering lock in half and dumped it.
Get them to tag it with #toohottohandle. Have hope there has been a number of stolen motorhomes returned recently.

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
Another Transit

Yes, Transits are far too easily lifted, as we know. But don't be complacent if your base vehicle is another marque.

For example, check out police reports about how many Mercedes Sprinters are being stolen in the UK -- the figures are staggering -- all made easy by the design. I won't go into the details here of how the Mercedes Sprinters are stolen, but anyone who wants to can easily find out.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Mine's a fiat.....Im guessing here but...If the Fiat dealership could not get into it and start the bloody engine with the key......It will take more than your average knob in a cap without a key to pinch it i'm sure!
Kev

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Another Transit

If I had a Transit I would leave it unlocked and the keys in it to save any damage as they break in.

As I have a Fiat I leave them on the draining board in the van as the damage cause breaking in is minimal.

Why can't the makers make the vans at least slightly thief proof. :mad:

I do feel for the owners

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Unfortunately no immobiliser or tracker. But trackers can be ignored by the police. @big map thanks for that suggestion I will ask them to do that
Interesting statement. Do you have any evidence that this is the case?

I know that the majority of the monitoring centres work hand in hand with the National Police Chiefs Council so I think that they would be very surprised that their staff are not working together!

I am also unaware of a single case where a monitoring centre has been tracking a stolen vehicle and the Police have ignored them?

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
[QUOTE="big map, post: 3299992 Check the local area sometimes they get parked up locally .[/QUOTE]
This was accurate for a colleague of mine who’s parents had their caravan stolen last year. I mention this to her, she in turn mentioned to her parents, it was found in the vicinity.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
“secure compound”,my axxe.
You should name the 'secure compound' as it is not clearly doing it's job and other might want to be made aware of the potential theft. This should also prompt any responsible storage owner to look at their security systems.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
I love fords but you got to take security seriously multi layers then just hope they move on to something else !

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
You should name the 'secure compound' as it is not clearly doing it's job and other might want to be made aware of the potential theft. This should also prompt any responsible storage owner to look at their security systems.
Not me @pandas ,maybe OP will though.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back