Still waiting for our new van (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
An update....

Amazingly we had a phone call from Timberland this morning at 10.00am, to let us know that HOPEFULLY our van should be placed on their ' stocking allowance ' next Monday or Tuesday.

Late this afternoon we went to the show at Harrogate, and we went to see Lee, a director on The Timberland stand.

He tried to reassure us that everything was ok, and next Monday or Tuesday he would have space on his stocking to pay for the van, and hopefully, they will get delivery within a week, they may even send a low loader to collect another as well. We shall see what happens, with a promise of delivery before Easter.

He was very unhappy at my postings on this forum, he felt it was very unfair. I explained that every thing I posted was accurate. He was still not amused.

Why did we get a phone call this morning ??, was it because they were going to anyway?, was it because I contacted Burstner, and they replied copying the reply to Lee and the company accountant ?, or was it as a result of this forum?, I honestly don't know.

I am hoping that they are able to keep their promises, if they do I will gladly post an update, which I hope I do.
If not I will also be posting.

Fingers crossed.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
remember.. if and when you get this van then they are your supplying dealer and responsible for your warranty claims if any. so when you get the van a smoothing of the waters may be sensible for all.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
:Eeek:we wish you the best of luck.we hope this has a happy end.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Why did we get a phone call this morning ??, was it because they were going to anyway?, was it because I contacted Burstner, and they replied copying the reply to Lee and the company accountant ?, or was it as a result of this forum?, I honestly don't know.

I am hoping that they are able to keep their promises, if they do I will gladly post an update, which I hope I do.

Fingers crossed.

I emailed a link to this thread to the Timberland Management at 9:30 this morning. :Smile:

The last time Timberland had a dispute with a Funster, they sorted it out to the customers satisfaction very quickly. I'm sure this will happen in your case too:thumb:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It just shows the power of the internet and also puts the annual tenner into perspective:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
An update....

Amazingly we had a phone call from Timberland this morning at 10.00am, to let us know that HOPEFULLY our van should be placed on their ' stocking allowance ' next Monday or Tuesday.

Late this afternoon we went to the show at Harrogate, and we went to see Lee, a director on The Timberland stand.

He tried to reassure us that everything was ok, and next Monday or Tuesday he would have space on his stocking to pay for the van, and hopefully, they will get delivery within a week, they may even send a low loader to collect another as well. We shall see what happens, with a promise of delivery before Easter.

[HI]He was very unhappy at my postings on this forum, he felt it was very unfair.[/HI] I explained that every thing I posted was accurate. He was still not amused.

Fingers crossed.

Very unfair ? Good grief !!!

To Mr Timberland person.

Please grow some and post on here explaining why you are of the opinion it is FAIR to give a delivery date and take some ones money, only to renege on the verbal contract and leave a customer disappointed and angry

I run a small business.

Almost everything seen on my web site is in stock.
If something is not in stock I tell the customer immediately and offer both a delivery time AND the opportunity to cancel, getting a full and immediate refund

Said customer can opt for full refund at any time up to the moment we ship an item ( then a full refund less shipping costs )

You seem to be running your business on customers money. On money that is NOT yours in fact, as without goods supplied it certainly does not belong to you.
Please explain how THAT is fair ?

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Let's hope we get the promised phone call on Monday or Tuesday.
I will, as I have done all through this thread, report honestly and fairly.

Fingers crossed, and watch this thread. !!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
hers hoping you get your van then se citizens advice abut compensation
for the stress and lose of use of your van and now the registration is old more compo or discount timberland could be a thing of the past very soon went past there stand yesterday they look like crooks and shysters :thumb:

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
MMM

Timberland have a flyer inside this month's MMM. Very impressive if you believe what you read :winky:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hmmmmm..
So now we know what at least some folk from there did as a previous job..

Weather men and women

Really good at predicting what they would like to happen.. but often bears little relationship to reality ( at least OUR reality ! )

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We also received the flyer in this months M.M.M magazine.
As we were promised a call yesterday or today confirming they have space on their 'stocking' and therefore the van has been paid for, I will refrain from commenting.
I have tried to fair, honest and factual and will continue to be so.

Wait for the update later today.

Timberland now have a great opportunity to turn some negative comments into a positive, let's see how they deal with it.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
my friend in Germany say go and live in one of his vans on there forcourt.and hang a banner out of a window.he says it worked over there.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
still no news then looks like there keeping up a long standing tradition
they wold not wan to raze there standers for any one now would they
:Sad:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Oh dear, what a very sad state of affairs, what a way to lead a company too!

Well unless there is a significant change, I for one cerainly know where I will not be shopping in the future. :Eeek:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Timberland have a flyer inside this month's MMM. Very impressive if you believe what you read :winky:

It went straight in the bin - never even noticed it, to be honest. Hope the problem is sorted soon

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I keep coming back and checking this thread . It's unbelievable isn't it.... And just look how nice that shiny flyer looked in MMM.. With a top make like Burster as their headline van... Just goes to show how careful you must be.
Best of luck hotelman

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's really poor.

I suggest you get in contact with your credit card provider.

You don't need to put up with this crap.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Several people have contacted Timberland about this thread and still no reply I think that says all we need to know

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Maybe he's had the phone call and is that elated and happy with news he has gone to get P1-sed, he has forgotten to post his good news.

Please let that be true.

Paul.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Maybe he's had the phone call and is that elated and happy with news he has gone to get P1-sed, he has forgotten to post his good news.

Please let that be true.

Paul.
or they have burred him under there car park :Eeek:

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Never really thought about this
We paid a small deposit at nec for a new kontiki, and the dealer said we settle up on the day when we are happy with the van.
I never imagined it being any other way

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Well, believe it or not, we have had a call saying that Black Horse have paid for the van, via their stocking, and they awaiting a delivery date from their delivery company.

Before we open the champagne, , I emailed Burstner as confirmation, and am awaiting a reply.

Please just wait for the latest update in this saga.

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
And.......,must seen easygirls posting, and just wishing " as if".

And,and, and the phone call we had was from Wayne, the accountant, a very pleasant call. Not from Lee, who we spoke to at the Harrogate show, !!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Don't pay a penny more till seen and test driven

But I am sure you already know that

Very best of luck, we are just down the road so can take you to station or home or just put you up for the night with enough red wine to ease some of the stress :thumb: should it all go any more wrong than it has already :Eeek:

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Updates as promised,
Following our conversation with Timberland on Tuesday, when they said they had paid Burstner via Black Horse for our van.

I emailed Burstner twice, and tried ringing them to confirm the payment, I have to report that Burstner have not replied to my email , and are not answering their phone.

Guess what, we had heard nothing from Timberland about a delivery date, so we called them, why should we as customers be forced to do the chasing to get information ?, anyway, apparently, a German haulage company should be collecting our van, and another one ( whose owners are also chasing delivery), on Wednesday, for delivery to Timberland at the end of next week, assuming "they don't miss the ferry, was the quote.

We shall see, no apologies, no charm offensive, so still unable to post anything positive about Timberland at Chesterfield.
If Timberland are reading this thread, please acknowledge you have made mistakes, please apologise, promise you have learnt from these mistakes, and provide some sort of compensation ( not necessarily cash), so I sing your praises, and gain some positives from this thread.,

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
With Timberlands record you'll have a long wait for an apology.

And an even longer one for any compensation.

Paul.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back