Still waiting for our new van (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We went to the NEC in October 2011 and whilst we were there left a deposit on a Burstner motorhome that Timberland had on order. After we got home did a bit of research on Timberland/Kevin Cain and got cold feet looking at his past history. Actually he set alarm bells off when (after the deal was done) he started asking if other exhibitors has been telling us about his liquidation, and his bank pulling out from him, that he nearly chinned his bank manager - nice!:Eeek:
Since then we have been fighting this with a solicitor as Cain is taking us to court. In fact we are in court today where Cain is claiming legal fees in excess of 20k loss of profit on new van and loss of profit on sale of our van. We had cancelled in less than 48 hours. He had never seen our van and claims he sold it at this show. Most dealers would have just left it as one of those things. We didn't want to leave our present motorhome with Timberland which was worth approx 70k until the new van arrived the following year just in case he went into liquidation again as we would have lost everything. We did a company credit check on Kevin Cain and he has lots of dormant and liquidated company's. Well we shall know the outcome layer today, just got my fingers crossed. We did buy another motorhome afterwards, we went to Camper UK, they were excellent. We have purchased from Emm Bee they were good. Brownhills Ok, Travelworld ok. Camper uk definitely the best. Would steer clear of Timberland:cry:

Good luck today. I cannot believe he can claim that within 48 hours he racked up £20,000 worth of expenses. How do these people get away with it.

I hope the court see's what a toe wragg he is and finds in your favour. Will keep fingers crossed for you.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
O deer Timberland agene cain is an out and out con man by all accounts only her bad things abut him and his company rip of merchants poor after sales to no after sales :Sad:

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Good luck, we are thrilled with our van, but that is thanks to ' Burstner'.
I was hoping that this thread had been 'put to bed', but really sorry hear the problems.

And to think they expected us to pay the full amount whilst the van was still at the factory, and they didn't even have 'title' to it.

What if we had paid, and that night he went under again???

Sorry to hear your news, if I can of help please p.m. me.

Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Just spent an hour reading this thread, and what a sorry tale of Timberlands lies and deception it seems to be. Talking of reading, I read last months 'Practical Motorhome', which contained an article PRAISING Timberland!! Which just goes to show how the popular press and business go hand in hand to deceive the paying punters, both for the bad advice mags, and the fiddling firms. :Angry::Angry:

I would rather give birth to a small seal then deal with Timberland.

Burstner owner

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since approx 2007
Timberland kevin Cain

We would never purchase from timberland motorhomes. We have heard so many negative things about him and his different company's. The company always seem to be struggling financially. Steer clear.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just spent an hour reading this thread, and what a sorry tale of Timberlands lies and deception it seems to be. Talking of reading, I read last months 'Practical Motorhome', which contained an article PRAISING Timberland!! Which just goes to show how the popular press and business go hand in hand to deceive the paying punters, both for the bad advice mags, and the fiddling firms. :Angry::Angry:

I would rather give birth to a small seal then deal with Timberland.

They are perhaps ok if you are buying a van that is in stock , pay your money and drive away, much like private sale but a lot dearer:Eeek:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
We went to the NEC in October 2011 and whilst we were there left a deposit on a Burstner motorhome that Timberland had on order. After we got home did a bit of research on Timberland/Kevin Cain and got cold feet looking at his past history. Actually he set alarm bells off when (after the deal was done) he started asking if other exhibitors has been telling us about his liquidation, and his bank pulling out from him, that he nearly chinned his bank manager - nice!:Eeek:
Since then we have been fighting this with a solicitor as Cain is taking us to court. In fact we are in court today where Cain is claiming legal fees in excess of 20k loss of profit on new van and loss of profit on sale of our van. We had cancelled in less than 48 hours. He had never seen our van and claims he sold it at this show. Most dealers would have just left it as one of those things. We didn't want to leave our present motorhome with Timberland which was worth approx 70k until the new van arrived the following year just in case he went into liquidation again as we would have lost everything. We did a company credit check on Kevin Cain and he has lots of dormant and liquidated company's. Well we shall know the outcome layer today, just got my fingers crossed. We did buy another motorhome afterwards, we went to Camper UK, they were excellent. We have purchased from Emm Bee they were good. Brownhills Ok, Travelworld ok. Camper uk definitely the best. Would steer clear of Timberland:cry:

But what happened when you met him in court yesterday?

terry

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We too have been watching this thread waiting to find out what happened....

We're looking to swap from a caravan to a motorhome and timberland is quite close to us. Ideally we want to buy from a local dealer that we feel happy with, not even gonna be paying a visit here.

The op can't be locked up cos he posted afterwards but just to say how poor timberland were (unless that was the equivalent of making 1 phone call lol).

Op please, please - what was the outcome?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
We're looking to swap from a caravan to a motorhome ............. Ideally we want to buy from a local dealer that we feel happy with, not even gonna be paying a visit here.

I would recommend a trip to Edgehill Motorhomes in Mansfield Woodhouse. We bought our Hymer there and had a very good purchase experience. I know other Funsters have bought from them too.
Regarding ongoing service, I am too far away to use them regularly, but there are plenty of good mobile service engineers that can maintain the habitation side and local HGV engineers that can service the base vehicle, so proximity to the original dealer only really matters if you have problems with the original purchase / warranty.
Edgehill Motorhomes Nottinghamshire UK - Hymer

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi yes we've visited Paul at Edgehill and he's very good and immaculate stock - only probs is that he's out of our league price wise.

We've caravanned for years but going to a m/h feels like a big step money wise, just want a reliable dealer.

It's a shame about Timberland as they seem to have some interesting units.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
For all that Timberland have taken a pummelling on here, both the posts relate to ordered MH's

if they have one in stock you like that must be a different deal :thumb:

they must still sell a few or they would close

Burstner owner

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since approx 2007
They were representing Burstner on the stand so have you contacted them yet as they hold a partial moral if not legal responsibility, I would would have created hell with them
We tried contacting Burstner over a problem with had with Kevin Cain, unfortunately they do not want to know. They didn't even acknowledge my email to them.

Burstner owner

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since approx 2007
For all that Timberland have taken a pummelling on here, both the posts relate to ordered MH's

if they have one in stock you like that must be a different deal :thumb:

they must still sell a few or they would close
They have gone into liquidation before though.

Burstner owner

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since approx 2007
We left the N.E.C exhibition very excited as we bought our first van. It was from the Burstner stand, and we gave our deposit to 'Timberland' of Chesterfield. We were told the van would arrive in this country at the end of February, we should receive delivery mid March, after they had fitted a few extras. At the end of November they requested, as agreed, some more deposit. We investigated their financial history, and decided to pay it on a credit card as we would get the extra protection. Early February they requested the full balance of payment, so they could buy the van from Germany. We of course said NO. We are still waiting for them to be able to afford to buy it from Germany. Apparently 5 other people did pay up front for their vans. Today is the 27th March, and it's still not ordered, we will not get it for Easter, maybe by end of April, no promises. If we could get our deposits back, we would and then place our order with another company.
If they couldn't afford to buy it, then they shouldn't have taken our deposits.
We are very disappointed with 'Timberland' of Chesterfield.
I also wonder what their after sales service is going to be like ?
Did you get your new van eventually?
We had dealings with Timberland/woodland motorhomes November 2011 and left a deposit for a motorhome at the NEC after reading some credit history on kevin cain and his company we decided to cancel our order as we didn't wish to trade in our current at the time motorhome 3 months before the new one that he already had on order arrived in the country. Kevin Cain took us to court and it has cost us approx £30,000 in costs. Our solicitor lead us to believe that we had a seven day cooling off period, which we have now could in 2011 at a trade fair it did not apply. Kevin Cain owner of Timberland took this all the way for 2 years to sue us. Just want to post to make public aware of this to ensure it does not happen to anyone else. £30,000 is heck of a lot of money for nothing, plus the stress hanging over us for two and a half years.

Burstner owner

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since approx 2007
We had dealings with Timberland/woodland motorhomes November 2011 and left a deposit for a motorhome at the NEC after reading some credit history on kevin cain and his company we decided to cancel our order as we didn't wish to trade in our current at the time motorhome 3 months before the new one that he already had on order arrived in the country. Kevin Cain took us to court and it has cost us approx £30,000 in costs. Our solicitor lead us to believe that we had a seven day cooling off period, which we have now could in 2011 at a trade fair it did not apply. Kevin Cain owner of Timberland took this all the way for 2 years to sue us. Just want to post to make public aware of this to ensure it does not happen to anyone else. £30,000 is heck of a lot of money for nothing, plus the stress hanging over us for two and a half years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back