LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
The drivers door on my elegance is really stiff all of a sudden. There is a small gas ram at the bottom of door which I think might be the problem. I would think the ram is there to stop the door flying open to far. Anyone else suffered this. I think I will undo the ram and replace when I get back to uk.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Sounds like your Ram has had it, Mikey.. :nod::nod:

Stick with the Sheep........... You know it makes sense... :giggler:

Mar 28, 2009
Langford, Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1995
My Elegance had the same problem on both doors along with a horrible noise when opening. A copious spray of WD40 on the rams seems to have solved the problem - touch wood!
Bazza

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
My Elegance had the same problem on both doors along with a horrible noise when opening. A copious spray of WD40 on the rams seems to have solved the problem - touch wood!
Bazza

Cheers I will try that first. (y)

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
The drivers door on my elegance is really stiff all of a sudden. There is a small gas ram at the bottom of door which I think might be the problem. I would think the ram is there to stop the door flying open to far. Anyone else suffered this. I think I will undo the ram and replace when I get back to uk.
We only have a gas strut on the habitation door. I helps with opening and keeping open same as car tailgate. If or when you remove a little caution as you remove it, they may shoot out by a couple of inches. If there is still resistance when opening or closing door then the WD40 solution should be enough..

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I had that problem on both doors and the garage fixed it when it was in for its mech/hab service. there wasnt a seperately itemised amount on the invoice for fixing the problem so I assume it was a 5 minute .fix.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Bazza

Oh yes, magic mist we used to call it as bikers, chases out moisture and lubricates most things and doesn't smell too bad either. Be very careful if you remove the rams they can be under huge amounts of pressure and can cause serious damage injury ... play safe .... get the wife to take it off for you

Jul 23, 2012
Kingswinford & 86230
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 890
Exp
Since 2012
When then drivers door got stiff on my Elegance, I prised off the plastic caps on the top of the door hinges and dribbled some oil on top of the hinge pin, refitted plastic caps. Next day worked the door open and closed, door now opens smoothly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back