Driving with a hat / hat to cover your ears 80€
Eating ice-cream while driving 100€
Driving with objects in the rear tray without restraint 200€
Wash your vehicle on a public road 30 - 3,000€
Co-pilot with feet on the dashboard 100€
Throw a cigarette out of the window 200€ + 4points
Not carrying drivers licence 10€
Take 6 or 7 people in a car 80€

I knew some of these like Flip-Flops but some of the rest make me think again about drinking water, perhaps San Miguel would be acceptable, being Spanish.

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Our friends who live in Fuertventura emailed a copy to us a while back I think it's legit.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Trying to work out what the fine would be for doing all that simultaneously.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
So would you get fined for having 6 people in a Renault Espace 6 seater, for example?

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
And is it specifically ice cream, could I for example eat a Big Mac and not get fined?

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
It's a hoax.

It's been swilling around the internet, and Facebook in particular, for about 3 years now.
It seems to resurface each summer as people copy-and-paste or forward it on without checking.....like a lot of other Facebook "facts".
One obvious way of telling is that the fines quoted for some of the "offences" are wrong.
The Spanish Codigo Penal was revised last year, and some fine ranges were changed as some offences were moved up/down the range of seriousness.

There IS a genuine offence in Spain which is broadly the equivalent to the British "without due care and attention". But if ticketed by a Guardia Trafico officer you can appeal and then, just like in the UK, it's for a judge to decide if what you were/were not doing crosses the threshold of that offence.

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I did doubt the authenticity of the fines but was aware that footwear without a back, drinking even water while driving etc had, like parking facing the wrong direction in Portugal, become what may be known as 'common knowledge' whether true or false. The rest had that hint of being possible that I passed over the whole bunch as sent to me from Gibralter.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Damn, I was hoping to do a few more silly posts before someone realised it was a hoax! :D

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Don't tell John, have been trying to find a way to stop him putting his feet on the dash for years. Wish I could find a photo of what he would look like if there was an accident. Not drinking water is sensible, especially ut a 3L bottle which is nearly full, arrived at one show looking like I was incontinent.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
here flip -flops ,in summer, or shoes with no back; no shirt Or arm out window are all offences for which neighbours have all been done.
Cigarette out of window is even on overhead road displays. & yes is 4 points + large fine. Around here that is an absolute hanging offence if spotted; & rightly so as it often sets fire to the centre reservation.Same as no fires/barbecues etc; may to October. Even technically you cannot smoke anywhere that is classed as "campo" =countryside. Even where I live & on your own property.

Feet on dash or seat belt not worn in correct position. ANYTHING loose inside the vehicle,like shopping on floor behind drivers seat or anything on the seat itself, unsecured , are all offences many Brits have been done for.

Washing a vehicle , not only in the street but on your own privately fenced property is totally illegal & comes under environmental regulations regarding chemicals leaching in to ground. I've actually been present when Policia Local have stopped an old spanish bloke washing his car.
This is why you have so many 'standalone' car washing facilities. 'Cause it's illegal to be done anywhere that the water cannot be recovered by the drainage system.
All the eating drinking ones just come under the "undue care & attention" @The Nomad mentioned.

By all accounts flip-flops are ok on a motorbike.:D

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Is that why so many front seat passengers, usually female, have their bare feet out of the window in summer?

Malcolm

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I believe ownership of a Fiat Mulitpla also incurs points along with the fine! :whistle:
I always smile when I remember Clarkson's description of a Multipla as the top half of one car welded to the bottom half of a completely different vehicle.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back