Spain - Indicate ....... or pay the penalty!! (1 Viewer)

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
A lot of the Spanish drivers I have seen while here have not read that article, or the one about parking between the lines in a car park.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thought that is what you should always do,,,I know its impossible if you drive a BMW because i don't think that they fit them,,,BUSBY:D:D

Deleted User
Just spent a few weeks in Italy.......don't think they have any traffic laws at all there!

If they do nobody takes a blind bit of notice, no indicators, overtake wherever you can , blind bends seems to be a favourite, and speed limits!!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Just spent a few weeks in Italy.......don't think they have any traffic laws at all there!

If they do nobody takes a blind bit of notice, no indicators, overtake wherever you can , blind bends seems to be a favourite, and speed limits!!
Bit like Greece then but probably in better cars,,,BUSBY.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
In all fairness, I think a lot of drivers think they cost to use them or are they an optional extra on cars these days?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
In all fairness, I think a lot of drivers think they cost to use them or are they an optional extra on cars these days?

Bit like headlamps when visibility is poor then,,,BUSBY.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
They used not to have indicators fitted to all the Nissan Sunnys (and sundry others makes/models, but with anything else you couldn't be certain whether they had or hadn't) driven in Handsworth - my first husband used to reckon that as I was having my driving lessons in Handsworth I'd be able to drive anywhere on earth if I could survive the Soho Road, since you had to be a fantastic driver with ESP to do it ! LOL

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
They used not to have indicators fitted to all the Nissan Sunnys (and sundry others makes/models, but with anything else you couldn't be certain whether they had or hadn't) driven in Handsworth - my first husband used to reckon that as I was having my driving lessons in Handsworth I'd be able to drive anywhere on earth if I could survive the Soho Road, since you had to be a fantastic driver with ESP to do it ! LOL

Know what you mean,,,used to load out of Blue Circle in Hansworth in the 80 s,,,,,Didn't matter too much in a truck,,,BUSBY.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Know what you mean,,,used to load out of Blue Circle in Hansworth in the 80 s,,,,,Didn't matter too much in a truck,,,BUSBY.

You had the advantage over them though cos you were quite probably tall enough to see over the top of the steering wheel, in a truck !

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Many years ago i used to live in a village near to Gibraltar , there was a right turn into the village from the main road . Many accidents ,take your life in your hands junction. I asked a Guardia civil officer who lived in the village who has right of way and how it worked after having my oblocks scared out of me crossing said junction. He said your alive so dont moan etc.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
When I was on the vans, I used to do that run two or three times a week, sometimes took others with me as they just wouldnt believe it when you told them what it's like.
The first day I did it , never even been anywhere in Birmingham before, I genuinely thought I wouldn't get out alive.
But after a week or two I really enjoyed the challenge.:)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I was born and brought up in West Bromwich and worked in the centre of Birmingham before which I was a(n un) Civil Servant in WB so the United Nations along the Soho Road was nothing new at all. I didn't bat an eyelid when the cinema became a Gurdwara Temple or when the Bank of Baroda was the only bank left open in the place - I loved all the Indian green grocers and supermarkets - not only could you reliably and cheaply buy all your Indian food and ingredients - they were also much much cheaper for things like cinnamon, cloves and black peppercorns, I went to buy cinnamon sticks wanting them for some mulled wine that weekend but unfortunately neither the chap or his daughter both of whom spoke English, well she was born there LOL - his Dad was in charge, I'd seen him there before. Oh dear .....

Cinnamon? I asked him with hopeful voice ..... he didn't know the word and whether it was the contents of the bag I was showing him. He marched over to the rack of powdered spices in jars and motioned to me to show him, so I picked a jar of powdered and thought Oh bugger, don't want powdered, I've got a fairly new jar of that already. He removed the lid, took a good old sniff - and beamed and nodded!

If only English shops were as helpful to foreigners, I thought ....

But the driving had to be experienced to be believed - Pete thinks he understands since he knows the Foleshill Road in Coventry well. Pfft !! Doesn't compare in the slightest, dear.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back