Somewhere like longleat in the North ? (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
hi,

I was thinking of taking our grandchildren to longleat fir a Christmas treat.

But!.

By the time we have done the 4 hours plus journey in each direction, Santa train and the Festival of Lights. We are up to £400.00

Bit too much for my wallet.

Any suggestions around NW UK ?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Have a look what is on at Chester Zoo I'm sure I seen something advertised.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Knowsley Safari Park
http://www.knowsleysafariexperience.co.uk

Hmm, the website seems to be down - but check TripAdvisor for reviews etc.
There's a Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/knowsleysafari/

...and they apparently are doing something called "Enchanted" but you have to pre-book.

"
Knowsley Safari shared an event.
4 hrs ·
Please bear with us as we fix our website!
If you're looking to book a magical adventure at Enchanted then please join our event here and we'll let you know when we're up and running https://www.facebook.com/events/299651837430460/?ti=c

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Longleat was a great experiance when we took our grandson a few years ago we stayed at the caravan club site and you get discounted entry. You must book the train though imho opinion it will be worth it saying that with only my wife grandson and I it wasnt a £400 trip

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Longleat was a great experiance when we took our grandson a few years ago we stayed at the caravan club site and you get discounted entry. You must book the train though imho opinion it will be worth it saying that with only my wife grandson and I it wasnt a £400 trip

Diesel £120
Entry to Park £110 *Per day*
Santa Train £55
Campsite £75

I can fly to Spain return for £300 for all five of us.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Diesel £120
Entry to Park £110 *Per day*
Santa Train £55
Campsite £75

I can fly to Spain return for £300 for all five of us.
But when you get there you will still have to find a Santa
we are taking 3 grandkids to see santa local tommoz in the car if I was silly enuff to add every penny up tommorow I expect it would be not far from £150. When the youngest are a bit older they will get taken to Longleat its that good I am not made of money but my Gran and Grandad spoilt me and ill try spoil mine.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
TripAdvisor suggests the Wild Wings Birds of Prey Centre at Worsley, near Salford - though you would need to check whether they do outdoor displays in winter. :)

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
TripAdvisor suggests the Wild Wings Birds of Prey Centre at Worsley, near Salford - though you would need to check whether they do outdoor displays in winter. :)
Or whether the wheels would still be on the van when you got back :(

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
If it's animals that you want and if it's not too far, what about South Yorkshire Wildlife Park near Doncaster. I think they have some seasonal events going on.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
But when you get there you will still have to find a Santa
we are taking 3 grandkids to see santa local tommoz in the car if I was silly enuff to add every penny up tommorow I expect it would be not far from £150. When the youngest are a bit older they will get taken to Longleat its that good I am not made of money but my Gran and Grandad spoilt me and ill try spoil mine.

It is not about the Money, its the Value for money. I see Longleat a bit overpriced.

We Spend a lot of time with our Grandchildren. When our Eldest Grandson was 3 years old. He had been to Every Western European country, Monaco and Andorra. He had never flown, always with us in the motorhome. At 5 years old, he was happy to eat or try almost any food.

Now, we have three Grandchildren. We took them to the South of France last year, Spain Twice this year and many weekend trips here in the UK.

BUT! Pushing £500+ for a couple of days at longleat. Plus the dread of the M6 at any time of the day. Might be an idea to stay local or FLY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back