Some things happening today. Fun will go down at midnight, (2 Viewers)

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Must be a perception problem. I asked again about the alerts on Desktops/laptops but they’re working the same as portable devices. Broken Link Removed

I'm afraid you are incorrect ... they do NOT show as default on the laptop/PC alerts list, on a mobile/tablet screen they show up without you having to do anything but the ONLY way you get to see the 'blobs' on a laptop/PC is by hovering over each alert individually.

If you look at the screenshots by Kevenh on the thread you linked to you can clearly see the difference:

Broken Link Removed
:unsure: I didn't feedback the news from the other thread clearly. At the other thread, Jim has looked at the Alerts display and reports "they’re working the same as portable devices".
Differently same not OK, right?

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
The "view more" after you have scrolled down and read the first page takes you right back up to the first "new post" then you have to scroll down to move to the next page. Sorry, not much of an upgrade so far 😉

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988

The "view more" after you have scrolled down and read the first page takes you right back up to the first "new post" then you have to scroll down to move to the next page. Sorry, not much of an upgrade so far 😉
If you are using an iPhone, have a look at my fix above.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
:unsure: I didn't feedback the news from the other thread clearly. At the other thread, Jim has looked at the Alerts display and reports "they’re working the same as portable devices".
Differently same not OK, right?
... they are NOT the same ... we don't automatically see the 'blobs' (either blue or clear) on PC/Laptops whereas phone/tablet users do ... I just want to be able to see the blobs without having to hover over each alert individually ...

I don't think I can say it more clearly except ... I want AUTO-BLOBS!!!! :LOL:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
... they are NOT the same ... we don't automatically see the 'blobs' (either blue or clear) on PC/Laptops whereas phone/tablet users do ... I just want to be able to see the blobs without having to hover over each alert individually ...

Did you just stamp your foot, Mel? 🤣

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Did you just stamp your foot, Mel? 🤣
Nah, I've moved on from that ... I'm now doing research into the whereabouts of certain funsters ... that way I can personally education them on different types of 'blobs' with alternative examples of what no blobs auto-showing at all looks like (blank piece of paper), clear blobs (packet of hoola hoops tipped on paper) and blue blobs ... punch followed by their developing a big round bruise! :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie

With the Auto-blob campaign, I have more sympathy for the Red Sq brigade than I ever expected.
I never understood why they couldn't just get used to the Classifieds having a number in a red square.

But smartphones and tablets having fixed alert blobs but not my laptop or desktop does my 'ed in :eek: :) :ROFLMAO:
So belated apologies to the Red Sq brigade. (y)

edit: not sure how you access MHF, but I'm hopping between apple & laptop all day depending on what I'm up to. So I keep hitting the different way they work....

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
To the tune of 'Home on the Range'

Oh give me a blob
Then I'll shut up my gob
Until then I'll just sulk and be sad
They just need to be clear
With no hover to appear
C'mon Jim, there's a good lad!

Oh, Motorhome Fun
Where the funsters are all free to run
While we're unable to flee
To places we'd love to see
Its our substitute relaxing 'winter sun'

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Now that Jim's altered the background colour to yellow for unread alerts I can do without the 'blobs' ... therefore I've written some more verses:

With alerts sorted by Jim
Unreads are no longer dim
So new ones can easily be seen
Whilst the colour may be bright
He's resolved this funster's plight
The forum is once more a dream!

So now I don't need a blob
I'll instead use my 'gob'
To emit funnies and occasionally my wrath
With quips and high jinks
After all I'm a Minx
I just love to give you lot a laugh