Some things happening today. Fun will go down at midnight, (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
And here's a video - directly uploaded of course. :)

<Broken link removed>

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Jim ... another thing I've noticed ... when having a quick looking at the Alerts list by single clicking on the 'bell' icon, previously the ones that hadn't been read had a dark blue bar on the left side so they could be easily spotted, now they are just a slightly different shade of blue, just as you see when you go to your full alert list.

Is there anyway of having the dark blue bar back so they are easier to spot?

1607027992243.png

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
DBK or anybody.... I've just inserted a photo on the What have you done today thread. It's as sharp as a button on my files but has 'copies' very blurred. Is there a reason?

Seems to work for me. You might just have a poor Internet connection. It should appear sharper later if this is the case.

The photo below was my attempt to make kale edible. It didn't work. :)

PXL_20201126_192406388.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Jim ... another thing I've noticed ... when having a quick looking at the Alerts list by single clicking on the 'bell' icon, previously the ones that hadn't been read had a dark blue bar on the left side so they could be easily spotted, now they are just a slightly different shade of blue, just as you see when you go to your full alert list.

View attachment 445924
Mine shows a solid blue blob beside unread posts, this is on both a tablet and a phone, both android.

Screenshot_20201203-204922_Chrome.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
though since 03/12, now not a hidden/hamburger menu choice ;)
But also now gone from an iPad's edit tools :(
So what happens if you just highlight a bit of text in someone's post - does the option to quote it not appear on your iPad?

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Most of what you Sade there just went right over my head url iOS iPad my problem seem's to be my lack of ability to under stand computers wtf is a GIF a Url a iOS
Those things that look like tadpoles terrified to touch them encase the fiking commuter implodes.
It's taken me ages to learn how to put picks up in the first place just getting used to the last changes and bugger me all change.
Not moaning that's progress i just cant keep up with the progress just got rid of my stem driven phone and have a new to me one.
And cant work out half of it my son put all my contact in it one press on the screen and they have gone disapeard never to be seen forever lost
bill
What can't you do with photos?
For most photo tasks you can do the same things today as yesterday. The way things look has changed for Photos added via "Attach file".
Now Full Size & Thumbnail are hidden until 'insert' is clicked on.

To add a photo via the menu icon looks unchanged

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
So what happens if you just highlight a bit of text in someone's post - does the option to quote it not appear on your iPad?
Yes. Tnx for the extra workaround.

edit: my 1st attempt was to highlight text IN my new post. Adjusted that after rereading your post. +quote & err. the other quote does pop up. ;)

Reactions: DBK
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Blimey Jim you will be up all night. Have you arranged for coffee on the hour every hour. And bacon sandwiches for 0300hrs?

• Funny
Reactions: DBK

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Mine shows a solid blue blob beside unread posts, this is on both a tablet and a phone, both android.
Not on my laptop ... I only 'see' the blue blob if I hover my mouse over each alert individually.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
That’s the I have Read button

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Not on my laptop ... I only 'see' the blue blob if I hover my mouse over each alert individually.
Same experience on my desktop.
Portable devices have a difference there

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Perhaps just me but ADs seem more intrusive and take up screen space on the right-hand side. Not so bad on mobile as they appear at the bottom...

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Don‘t know about others but on my iPad area of writing is very small and compressed to the left.

View attachment 445691

Sidebar is missing.

Please be patient, Jim has put loads of hours in so far after the upgrade. Stuff will come back fairly quickly.

This is not aimed at your Landy Andy. Just letting everyone know he is still probably catching some Zzzz's.

Perhaps just me but ADs seem more intrusive and take up screen space on the right-hand side. Not so bad on mobile as they appear at the bottom...
There's some work still to be done that maybe related

Edit: this is version 2 of my post :eek:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That’s the I have Read button

But I don't see it at all, either filled in blue, or just the outline of a circle, nothing until I hover my mouse of each alert - if you look at my post #92 you can see my 'blobless' snapshot.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
But I don't see it at all, either filled in blue, or just the outline of a circle, nothing until I hover my mouse of each alert - if you look at my post #92 you can see my 'blobless' snapshot.
It's working then.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
More often than not recently the icons in the new editor ignore me trying to use them.
Particularly the icons for Quotes & for inserting URLs.
I think on Desktops & portable devices.
Def. not working now on iPad mini iOS 14.3
Edit: those editor features work on an iPhone iOS 14.2 so could be a local issue.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
More often than not recently the icons in the new editor ignore me trying to use them.
Particularly the icons for Quotes & for inserting URLs.
I think on Desktops & portable devices.
Def. not working now on iPad mini iOS 14.3
Edit: those editor features work on an iPhone iOS 14.2 so could be a local issue.
My forum post editor tools issue I’ve raised as an iPhone beta bug but fwiw, editing tools at https://stargazerslounge.com/ are OK 😛

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I'm still struggling with some GIFs.... I just get the url in blue. :(

Testing again now.. Bet sod's law kicks in.

Woo Hoo Party Animal GIF by TELUS

Aaaaagh give up. It worked.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I'm still struggling with some GIFs.... I just get the url in blue. :(

Testing again now.. Bet sod's law kicks in.

Woo Hoo Party Animal GIF by TELUS

Aaaaagh give up. It worked.
:( Not my favourite forum tool, they're just annoying moving things to me :p
But if you use them & got 'em working & you're happy that's enough. (y)

Hope this major upgrade wasn't just for gifs and we get lots posted!!
Maybe "/collapse all" can be added as a forum option - in the settings area where we got the "hide red classifieds box" seeting. :p :)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I’ve lost the ability on my iPad to use: -
View attachment 445894
add url & add photo.
But attach file still works - differently.

I changed the iOS on the iPad just in the last hour though.
The iPhone is OK with either method.
How is your problem manifesting?
I seem to have overcome it bit of faffing around but getting over it dont asks me how but it's working for me.
bill

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
It's working then.
No it's not ... read my posts please ... I don't see 'blobs' either blue or just the outlines ... nowt UNTIL I hover over each alert individually ... with the alerts either having a white (read alerts) and very pale blue (unread alerts) background they aren't easy to differentiate.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie

View attachment 445924

View attachment 445927

Same experience on my desktop.
Portable devices have a difference there
^^^
We have two different methods for new post alerts. smart portable device v desktop/laptop with a full browser.
If it was a mistake, maybe it'll be looked at.
If it was deliberate we'll need the Red square type campaign. 🤷‍♂️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back