"Solved"... The secret of Black Turds on lawn... (2 Viewers)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Been having lots of little black poosies on the lawn lately...

Could not think what they were from.... so put infra red camera out last night..

Hodghegs... :Grin: Hundreds of them...

Well 3... :doh::giggler:

IMAG0003 (600 x 337).jpg

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Look after them and they will look after your lawn.
Unless you have bl@@dy moles :mad: .... Joyce puts dog food out for our hogs which visit most nights.(y)
Such a shame they are now so endangered, mainly due to disappearing habitat.:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Could be worse Mo, we returned home last week to 20 odd molehills on our lawn. I caught one Sunday night but the war is still ongoing. I’ve trapped 6 or 7 this summer but the buggers keep coming back. :mad:

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Hi I did the same with a trail camera mine was foxy. Black poo again. Don’t know how to encourage them as I’m surrounded by CATS . Foxy might, hope kill the basxxxds. I’m sick of finding cat poo in my borders and veg plot. I’ve used almost all cat deterrence known to man apart from a shot gun. I phoned my local zoo to acquire some lion poo spoke to the head keeper, first thing he asked, “have you problems with cats in your garden “ sorry we can not give it away anymore due to DEFRA legislation due to the toxins within it, and yes it is very effective as a deterrent to the domestic cat. So I asked “are these same toxins within cat poo? “Yes”. Even that Headkeeper can’t understand why irresponsible cat owners allow their cats to poo anywhere and do not come under the same restrictions as responsible dog owners.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We have hedgehogs as well, we have created a hedgehog superhighway (HS1) by cutting a hole in the fence so they can get around easier. We put down dry cat biscuits and a bowl of water each night and love watching them on the hedgecam as we call the night nature camera :)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Our little Elvis gets so many bones from the local bars, he often leaves me little piles of white dog poo to clear up in the garden.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Towards the back end of last year we had four hedgehogs visiting the garden to feed, two large and two small. The larger ones stopped coming as usual (obviously hibernating) but the smaller ones kept on turning up. Nothing we could do but keep feeding them and hope they would gain enough weight to survive. It took until a week before Christmas before they stopped visiting.
The hedgehogs came back around 3 weeks into April (a bit late in the year because of the weather)and about a week later we confirmed that both smaller hedgehogs had survived because the camera caught them together.
We feed them on meal worms mainly and always have a bowl of water out.

Attachments

• DSCF0017.JPG
    DSCF0017.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 13

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Indeed, look after them VeryOldFella. We have one visit us most nights, I know ‘cos as he/she wanders across the grass the floodlights come on.

Found one in our road last week, and fearing it would get squished, I picked it up, that was fun, and took it to the woods nearby.

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
Mo,
We have a similar problem albeit on a slightly larger scale.

Phil

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Hedgehogs @old-mo ………...

Reminds me of a joke for your "Book of Ancient Jokes"...…..

What is the difference between a hedgehog and a bus full of politicians?...…..
With a hedgehog all the pricks are on the outside!!!!!!!!

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
was dead chuffed to find on removal of the old tumbledown shed in my small garden to make way for new that i have a big fat hedgehog in residence and despite all the turmoil of three weeks of new slab laying for new, and a new large patio laid up by the house, the turmoil of earth removal, cement mixer and chaos, he (or she) has remained around and hopefully if he/she finds a mate there may be a new family sometime in the future, i do hope so..(y)
just wondering if i should now make a hog house for hoggiepog to hibernate in, maybe near the wildlife log pile for insects and beneficial creepy crawleys?

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back