Solo Motorhoming in Spain this winter (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
A

Alshymer

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
Seaton, Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
10yrs
I didn't say it was Alzeimer, how do you know my name is not Al and I have a Hymer?? I could be offended with all the modern political correctness!!!
I stay where I stop. With 20 degrees her at Javea and a solar panel and gas at 55cents from the pump, who needs more?
Best Al !!!...

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Right,,just throwing stuff in the skip as we speak,,,amazing how much crap you keep when you got lots of space,,,cant believe i spent money on some of the stuff i got,,,god what a waste of effort....

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
decided to splash out,,ferry to bilbao from portsmouth is the way im going hopefully book it on wed,after making my mind up on wich MH to buy,,,,,, Got to get a satnav,,tablet or laptop,new email addy,,,sort out phone (EE) get a tv for van,,cant believe the stuff i need to be sorted !!

GWG

Free Member
Oct 15, 2015
Paignton, Devon
Funster No
MH
C. Bessacarr 496
Exp
2 years (40 years Caravan)
Neither of the above, but live next to our neighbours camperstop and help them out when we feel like it! We have already had Funsters here and many have returned. It's especially good for active walkers and mountain bikers but also a good place to chill.

www.camperstopsierraespuna.blogspot.com

Thanks for the link, will be travelling along from Beni around end of Jan, may stop off for a few nights. Looks nice.
Regards Helen & Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Fantastic to watch them,they also have other courts ,here is the
Www.acindalo.com or info@acindalo.com.
Busy weekend competitions,plus holiday in Spain mon/Tues.

Tennis days are over,stick to walking the dog,

I've been looking at this place and thinking we might spend a few days there in Feb. What's it like?
Are there any motorhomers, (or others past the full flush of youth playing tennis?) I'm only asking because we're quite keen tennis players, but have to admit our game's not what it was!

Have you been to Oasis al Mar? If so, which of the two stops do you prefer?

Thanks
Chris

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
cannot compare,as never been to other one!!

I like this one,not a rabbit warren,lots of sports,gym,swimming pool if you like it cold,restaurant ,bar reasonable priced,out in the wild,but could cycle in to Vera easy for shopping,
Lovely showers,washing machines,some staying for months,as a single I have found it the friendliest on!!! Room for a lot of Vans,but it's elevated ,so don,t feel cramped in,plus lovely views.
€9 .€2 for electric after 3 days goes down to 8 ,cheap for long term.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
sort out phone (EE)
Sorry in advance, I am not picking on you honest! Why EE for your phone? From personal experience I would recommend 3 with the Feel at Home option. It 's not as good as it used to be but is still the best for roaming, and now you can use it in Spain since April 2015.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Sorry in advance, I am not picking on you honest! Why EE for your phone? From personal experience I would recommend 3 with the Feel at Home option. It 's not as good as it used to be but is still the best for roaming, and now you can use it in Spain since April 2015.

Agree THREE a far better bet for use in Europe... More planning less haste would see Ian better prepared but he refuses to listen. Rushing into a van purchase as well...contacted me last week as came round to the idea of importing, gave him two excellent examples of full timing vans and now has cold feet again..:)

The N& B has a great full timing spec, fully loaded... What do members think..

Germany: EDIT N&B has gone by the looks of it..not surprised! Had Alde heating, auto sat, 2 solar, 2 batteries, 2000 watt inverter..etc..etc...
Broken Link Removed

Belgium
Broken Link Removed

instead Ian has come up with this

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I have to say that I do like Ian's choice of van, but it is right hand drive. I like the Euromobil very much and does offer more for the money and a big payload and less miles, it looks a good layout too. Couldn't get the other link to open on a van, just the home page.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I have to say that I do like Ian's choice of van, but it is right hand drive. I like the Euromobil very much and does offer a less expensive option, it looks a good layout too. Couldn't get the other link to open on a van, just the home page.

I edited post to say it has been withdrawn so probably sold:)

believe me it was a cracker.

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The Hymer looks a nice van, and on the 2.9 the auto should be 5 speed proper auto I think. It's not everybody that wants to buy abroad. The Flair would have been nice as well.

Martin

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
The Hymer looks a nice van, and on the 2.9 the auto should be 5 speed proper auto I think. It's not everybody that wants to buy abroad. The Flair would have been nice as well.

Martin

I was asked to help source one abroad.....The N&B had a massive spec along with twin rear axles, massive payload and garage, 75 k miles and 5 years younger then this Hymer, perfect for full timing. it also had a green environmental sticker which surprised me on a van of that year 2002-3?

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
No army when i said sort phone with ee i meant that is my provider now so i will cut my call package right back and only use in emergencies,,i will look at the 3 option next week,,sound good value,,,i will be wanting lots of advice next week re tablet/laptop? lots of things,,,cheers...

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I did appreciate your posts on those vans eddie,i really did but when i looked into it,there was a bit to do with bringing them back and i didnt fancy going to germany to turn round and drive straight back,then get things sorted,,i am on a bit of a time limit,,,got my mates place to stay but dont want to be there this side of xmas,,any longer than i have too,,,, and although tjey were nice vans they were more expensive than my budget,,the hymer i fancy(but havnt commited to yet in haste)the one you have seen is with motorhomedepot,the bloke will give me a really good price for my car in part ex,,infact £500 over book price (he has the flexibility) and a cash deal as well,,,and as im sure your aware eddie i did listen to you,,i went for hymer as recommended by yourself and others regularly.... And i might come across as impulsive in fact i am a bit but if i didnt join the site the minute i saw it i wouldnt have had all the advice i have got,,,and believe me im a lot wiser now than before i joined ,,, but i am sorry if you feel i wasted your time,or wouldnt listen,,i do listen.....to everybody,,,,

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just a comment Ian to your comment to Judge, I think you have used fun exactly as it's meant to be used to get information so you can then work out for yourself what is best for you, it's what funsters do help one another, you joined in October, and already worked out how it can and will help, I am sure you will have loads more questions to ask, because for every one you do you ask you can bet there are half a dozen more who will benefit from the information you get (lots read but don't post).

Keep the questions coming, thank you for sharing your journey, it's what makes the forum go around. I for one am looking forward to your adventures in Spain etc, and I am sure Judge will be following you to.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Ianthebuilder..
Reference Sat Nav's Have you thought about getting an I-Pad and downloading the TomTom app from Apple ???
You can also down load Camperstop onto the I-Pad and you are then "sorted" !!!
Tom Tom costs about £60 with 1 years updates and Camperstop is a LOT less money...
The I pad can then stand on the dash and plug into the fag lighter via a suitable PS2
Plug in doosberryferkin (also from Apple for less than £20)
Good luck with your van choice and remember... The MOST important criteria when buying a van is LAYOUT. !!!
Mitch.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
thanks mitch,,as regards to layout i think the hymer (if i buy) will suit me lovely,,big overcab double,nice dining area and a nice long sofa for chilling when not in bed,,,i have seen and sat in a few because originally i wanted a fixed bed but im happy with the dropdown .. the van im leaning towards has a massive payload as well,,twin rear wheel,,i think nit will be fine,,but i was amazed at the variety of layouts available,,,re satnav,,i got a message from a mhfunster re a tomtom from argos,,thats the one im going to get,,im not too clever with tech so having a seperate ipad or laptop from satnav is much better suited to me im afraid,,one thing,one job !!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Good luck on Monday and look forward to seeing your adventures in your motorhome! :cheers:

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Thanks anthea,,but like i say im not great with computers yet (im a basic sort of bloke)lol so i have no idea how to start a blog,,so im wondering if i can just keep starting new threads on here everytime i want to write? or does the same thread stay open for ever?? ooooo good stricktly !!!

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Look forward to meeting you one day fella !!!
I haven't heard "attitude" like that since I left the Forces..
Let us know what type of van you get so we can spot you (( or don't, if you want to keep a low profile !!! ))
Have a ball.. We will catch you up in January..
We also do a fair bit of "of grid" camping..
Are you getting some solar panels on top of your new van ?? That fairly desirable and helps keep the leasure batteries in a sensible state..
Mitch.
Mitch,,looking like a hymer a class s650 on a 99 plate........im not hiding !! lol In white by the way....just look for a bloke wearing a jumper,drinking wee !!!!

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
hahah you have cut me to the quick !! lol but there is something you should know about me,,,,im a f...g idiot and i dont care,,if i have to spend a day longer in this god forsaken place i will go criminally insane !! Look at it this way,,as is my way of thinking,,,i have no home..no dependants,,no xmas plans,,,no work,,,no pets,,,no life and finally no solicitors to chase... I am barely alive,,the only thing that gets me up in the morning is the thought of some sun and a new adventure... If i break down i will walk,,if the heating goes bang i will put a jumper on,, if the water packs up i will drink my wee,,,if i run out of diesel i will push,,,, and if the ferry sinks i will swim...so im coming ,,PUT THE KETTLE ON i will be there in 3 weeks !!!! OH and i will have WD40 and a roll of ductape !! what could possibly go wrong !!!1
nice attitude

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
As Carol has said, just keep this thread going during your travels. Folks will get an idea of how it all started then.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Keep your eye on HOT UK BEST DEALS.... can get great laptop deals. I got a travel laptop (dell) for £150. A laptop more use then a tablet but if going for tablet as well get a android as far cheaper and flexible then apple

Do you have a bike....

http://www.hotukdeals.com/computers/deals/hot

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Morning people,,well it is the last day for me in the house i have lived in,been buying for nearly ten years to the day !( moved in 16th dec 2005) Watching the tv last night with a cuppa balancing on a pile of cushions,looking like someone from the chinese state circus..it occured to me that this will probably be the last house i ever buy,,I am however not having any regrets or even fears of travelling all over europe for a bit in a used motorhome,,the thought of waking up by the sea,in a forest,in a laybye,even in a police compound after being found in an illegal area !! lol While im skipping all this stuff im having a mental tot up of all the money i have spent to satisfy a whim,or an impulse buy,,,,,i really cant believe the crap i have accumulated over even a few years,,,If maybe i was a bit more carefull i would have been able to buy a new motorhome instead of a used one !! Still as one life comes to an end another one starts.. anyway enough thinking, time to get the sheds cleared out !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back