"Sold" and Winging it`s way to Wales... (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Never say never........ But said that before I bought this shed....

Doubt it.... thought Judy MAY drive this one as it is small, but she said no... :frowny:
Something you need to write Mo and stick somewhere prominently so you see it every day

"Don't do anything without asking Judy's permission first!" šŸ˜„

Bluethunder

Free Member
Jul 5, 2020
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoqest 155
Exp
6years
Motorhome less..... Again... :crying1:

Took a hit on this one, as nice as it looked, it had over the last few months latched on to a nasty gremlin..:Eeek:

When I bought it and according to my damp meter and the habitation check a few weeks before I bought it, every thing was fine.....
I did inform the buyer about the damp on the floor, believed to be from the boiler or a split pipe, which he was OK about..

What I never expected was a huge leak in the roof while it has been stood for 5 months or so... all the high up cupboards down one side Saturated.... Soaked and soggy as all get out... :banghead::swear:

No one else to blame except myself.... Normally a couple of times a year I would be up on the roof cleaning and checking seals etc.... But afraid I just cannot get up there and consequently have not checked the seals which have broken down around the Aerial and a bit round one of the roof skylights.. which in turn has run down out of sight into all the cupboards...

So this time I really do think it`s the end of the line for Judy and I.. :crying1::crying1:

Going to give it some serious thought over the next few month`s... :RollEyes::frowny:

And as I think that`s it, I will have a ton of gear to get rid of. IE.... Alloy framed wind breaks,,, couple of Alloy fold up and put in a bag Table`s,,,, Gas bottles,,, Ramps,,, New TV/CD player,,, half a dozen EHU cables (Some new, various lengths.),,, Waste water Tote,,, Awning Mat,,, Half a dozen tin`s of out of date baked beans,,, two packets of soft ginger nut biscuits,,, Bag of solid Sugar,,, Small tub of half empty vanilla Ice cream with complimentary green mould on top,,, Etc, Etc...

We will decide what road we are going down in a few weeks after we have moved ... so keep an eye out on the "For Sale" section in a few weeks ...(y)

Take heed...... Even though you are NOT using your Motorhome do check regularly the roof and various seals..(y):hugs:

Sorry to hear about your problems, but I do have to question as to why you said that you would even consider actually getting on the roof,could this have caused the problem,not being disrespectful but I weigh 16 stone and would never get on our roof.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
old-mo
OK Auld Yin it might be a very small world!
This is what you sold.
1622369397087.png

And I'm fairly certain (well maybe) I saw it on a site in D&G last week!:eek:
The number plate definitely started with WU02 but can't remember the rest of it. I kinda forgot you had one and when I remembered went back to check the next morning but it was gone.:crying:
Didn't get a great look at it as the dug was dragging me along (as he knew it was breakfast time) however it did have a ladder and bike rack on the back of it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
could this have caused the problem,not being disrespectful but I weigh 16 stone and would never get on our roof.

Had never ventured up on the roof with this one..... BIG mistake.. :frowny:

Had I of done I would have noticed the sealer round the aerial and roof light were iffy, and done something about it..

I am only NOW 12 stone..... but even when I was a fat-un I always used to check roof fittings every few months...

Cannot do it now.....

Big roofs as with RV`s or Tag Axles.... I have always put a cushion on each side and one in the middle and a scaffold plank across to check and clean roofs...

That is the problem these days... a lot don`t check their roofs and wonder why they have water ingress..

Take it to a dealer............ and how do they check a roof...????? :smiley:

Apr 28, 2021
Fareham, UK
Funster No
MH
Now sold
Exp
Since 2015
AHA! Get some fresh double cream and whip until stiff. Sandwich a packet of ginger nuts together on at a time like a caterpillar. Use rest of cream to coat the outside.

One lovely fresh cream English Ginger Cake for immediate consumption!

Normally with fresh crunchy biscuits, you need to leave it alone for several hours for the biscuits to soften up before slicing serving and eating.
Even better if you soak them in sherry first ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back