LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
...says that your lpg will always run out in the very early hours of the coldest or wettest nights.

As usual last night I was up for a call of nature around 0230 when I also checked fridge and heating ok for gas .. all fine.(y)

Just get back to sleep when her ladyship wakes me to say fridge flashing:mad: .. so at around 0315 it's pull on some clothes (I didn't want to scare our neighbours:eek:) nip out in the cold to swap bottles and back to bed.

What's your Law of Sod's??? ...

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Ours would have stayed flashing, ;) I might have got up if I got cold. :LOL:

I remember years ago, camping on the Gower in a thunderstorm, :rolleyes: Janie loved watching the lightning over the bay, after a while I realised I was getting wet, the fly sheet had come un pegged my side. :eek:
;) Janie did not get too wet banging the pegs back in. :LOL: Bob.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
In France mid-winter and total ice. I plugged into hook-up at a free aire but at 2 a.m. the power failed. Accoutred as I was I went out and plugged into the next point. Allowing a van arriving at this hour to plug into my old hook-up point. I said nothing to him and rushed back to get warm. It lasted but a few minutes before failing so wrapped up in the bedclothes until morning, very cold. In the morning I spoke to the late comer who used my original hook-up point. He had no problems, cosy and warm, the power came back on a few minutes after plugging in.:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
While camping years ago in southern Italy, we (three girls) got caught in a Mediterranean storm (had wondered why people were digging trenches round their tents!).
The door zip broke while we were hurriedly trying to do it up.
Rather than get all their clothes wet, my two friends stripped down to their undies and proceeded to put butter on the door zip to try and get the teeth to interlock again.
And yes, it did work - and no, sorry, don’t have a photo! :LOL::LOL:

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Ours would switch automatically, if I had it set that way. But I don't, so I know when we've used a bottle, which I guess some would see as perverse.

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Ours would switch automatically, if I had it set that way. But I don't, so I know when we've used a bottle, which I guess some would see as perverse.
That's exactly why I don't have auto change so at least when it runs out in the middle of the night I have another full cylinder, so long as I have remembered to refill. :rolleyes:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
If it was that cold, the frig would have lasted well, until the morning, so I would have left it!. However SWMBO`s early morning tea, would have meant going out before breakfast anyway!. "Murphys law" usually means I have to walk the dog, just as it starts to rain, I get wet and then have a wet dog to dry!.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Ours would have stayed flashing, ;) I might have got up if I got cold. :LOL:

I remember years ago, camping on the Gower in a thunderstorm, :rolleyes: Janie loved watching the lightning over the bay, after a while I realised I was getting wet, the fly sheet had come un pegged my side. :eek:
;) Janie did not get too wet banging the pegs back in. :LOL: Bob.
Didn't get too wet? :rolleyes:
Looks like I only had a dry t shirt for the morning! Janie :LOL:
IMG_20190322_184039058.jpg

Note the well pegged flysheet! (y)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Years back our daughter used to sleep in her pup tent beside our van. One weekend she had a friend out in her tent on the site at Lymington that fun visits. Saturday night an almighty sea storm blew onshore, About 3am I was out in the lashing rain along with the father of the other girl pegging down the awnings. The pup tent was one of the fibreglass pole jobbies and was flat on the floor with both girls fast asleep and snoring. Between us we re-erected the tent and added extra guy lines, still not waking the girls. We were drenched to the skin and freezing by the time we returned to our vans
next morning the girls emerged blissfully unaware of the storm or the tent collapsing and it being re-erected round them

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Years back our daughter used to sleep in her pup tent beside our van. One weekend she had a friend out in her tent on the site at Lymington that fun visits. Saturday night an almighty sea storm blew onshore, About 3am I was out in the lashing rain along with the father of the other girl pegging down the awnings. The pup tent was one of the fibreglass pole jobbies and was flat on the floor with both girls fast asleep and snoring. Between us we re-erected the tent and added extra guy lines, still not waking the girls. We were drenched to the skin and freezing by the time we returned to our vans
next morning the girls emerged blissfully unaware of the storm or the tent collapsing and it being re-erected round them

Were they that p*ssed?

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
...says that your lpg will always run out in the very early hours of the coldest or wettest nights.

As usual last night I was up for a call of nature around 0230 when I also checked fridge and heating ok for gas .. all fine.(y)

Just get back to sleep when her ladyship wakes me to say fridge flashing:mad: .. so at around 0315 it's pull on some clothes (I didn't want to scare our neighbours:eek:) nip out in the cold to swap bottles and back to bed.

What's your Law of Sod's??? ...
Same as yours Brian

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Woken up in middle of thunderstorm by a bang on roof Denise said it’s confers falling , had to get out with a pair of pants on to pick up ramps and drive to the other side of the aire luckily we have a electric thermal inner blind as from the photo it wasn’t conkers

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Is that code for "Yes they were"
not that I could be certain one way or the other. they didn't get it from me