Slovenia touring (1 Viewer)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I have searched and found that quite a few funsters have been to Slovenia, It would be really helpful to know if
a) anyone used the online campsite guide provided by Slovenia Tourist Office at - I found this very difficult to use on a laptop
b) Anyone found a paper version of this in a tourist office
c) Is it really necessary to buy the motorway vignette or is it easy to get around without using motorways.?

Many thanks

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
On my tablet, the sites guide reads like a book, really easy to navigate - sorry!

Re vignette, yes you can navigate, but my van is under 3,500 so it was so cheap and I bought one anyway - Dars box needed if over 3,500

For me, I go there to be active, not to tour around looking at things, so getting to where I want to be quickly & easily far outweighs a few quid on a vignette - 30 euros for a month or 1 euro a day....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
a) anyone used the online campsite guide provided by Slovenia Tourist Office at - I found this very difficult to use on a laptop.
I found it simple to use on pc as someone said before reads like a book.
b) Anyone found a paper version of this in a tourist office
c) Is it really necessary to buy the motorway vignette or is it easy to get around without using motorways.?
We went last summer and the vignette was cheap and we had an rv.
We stayed here https://www.sava-camping.com/si/camping-terme-ptuj
but right opposite the entrance to the campsite was an aire with electric, bins, and water and dump point.
upload_2019-1-24_10-32-36.png

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The DARS box appears to be for commercial vehicles.

The DARS is for non-personal transport but maybe I am reading it incorrectly. The first page does say under 3500kg then vignette and over 3500kg DARS but when you go into the DARS bit there is nothing for a motorhome - all sorts of trucks and buses. So I looked at the vignette section and motorhomes were listed there :) But check as I may have missed a weight indication.

It's a place I would like to go as well (along with Croatia) but Martin doesn't want to even attempt it :(

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
The DARS box appears to be for commercial vehicles.

The DARS is for non-personal transport but maybe I am reading it incorrectly. The first page does say under 3500kg then vignette and over 3500kg DARS but when you go into the DARS bit there is nothing for a motorhome - all sorts of trucks and buses. So I looked at the vignette section and motorhomes were listed there :) But check as I may have missed a weight indication.

It's a place I would like to go as well (along with Croatia) but Martin doesn't want to even attempt it :(
Croatia is stunning. We are going again this year.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
We're hoping to go to Croatia this year via Slovenia.

Don't intend using toll roads/m-ways so not bothering with any permit thingy.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Slovenia has two toll roads, one going north/south and one west/east they are motorways and you can get to either end of the country in a couple of hours.....

So why buy a vignette..? Unless you want to see the beautiful country via a motorway in one day....:doh:

We went from Calais to Dubrovnik via France Luxembourg Germany Austria Slovenia over a two month period without paying a single toll... just put non motorways in your sat-nav and you’ll be fine..

Sites are generally good in Slovenia and wild-camping is frowned upon.
Roads are good... cost of living is reasonable....

I used Campercontact and google maps for sites...

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Croatia is stunning. We are going again this year.

We loved Croatia too, the sites we stayed on were some of the best....

A beautiful country with a beautiful coastline ....

Just wish the food was a little better...:D

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We managed without using Motorways, you are allowed to go across the boarder on the Motorway and turn off at the first juction. Did end up on one once due to roadworks but got away with it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back