Shurflo water pump overheating and stopping working. (1 Viewer)

Bertie2

Free Member
Aug 26, 2017
Funster No
I recently purchased (September last year) an Autotrail Cheyenne 696G manufactured in 2005 and fitted with a Shurflo water pump. The pump is fitted to the side wall of a compartment at the rear of the MH underneath the wardrobe, also fitted in the same compartment is the water heater and as the fire is fitted to the front of the compartment the main rear parts of the fire are also in the compartment.

During a trip away at the back end of last year when the weather was particularly cold the pump stopped working due to the thermal breaker activating (due to heat from the water heater and fire not due to the pump overworking) when I felt at the pump it was extremely warm due to the heat from the water heater and the heat from the rear of the fire which was set to 2kw due to the weather.

I wondered if anyone else has experienced this problem and if so has anyone come up with a ‘fix’ or is it something I have to live with when using the MH in the winter.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Bertie II

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Never heard of it before , but as a temp fix maybe try putting a few sheets of tin foil infront of the water heater to keep the heat away from it ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Bertie2

Free Member
Aug 26, 2017
Funster No
Thanks Bart I will try that, but possibly won't know for definite until next really cold spell when both the heater and hot water are on.

Thanks Pappajohn but not many other places to put it.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
There are always other locations.
In lockers, IN the wardrobe, under the sink....The list is endless.
As Pappajohn says....You can put it anywhere . The pump can be fitted in the garage section and just add pipework. It is only push fit so it's simple really. Takes it away from the heater and makes it easier to maintain too.

Kev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Bertie2

Free Member
Aug 26, 2017
Funster No
Thanks all for your help, not being much of a DIYer I hadn't really given a lot of thought to moving it, but sounds not a big problem.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back