Rally Shrewsbury New Year 2018/19: The bookings thread. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Update: @Targetpaster has now been in touch. :xgrin: I've removed them from the above post to avoid them being told by 50,000 Funsters that I'm trying to contact them.

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi all.

A bit of a change of plan that hopefully everyone will support. The 'other' group that have the downstairs room and we are going to work together meaning that we can get our reserves in. They were only going to use the room two nights anyway and are not fully booked. Having discussed it with Martin @funflair we believe if we work together we can make the whole thing work on New Years Eve.

Looking solely at NYE for the moment, upstairs until food has been eaten, we will have up to ten tables of ten. This assumes the showground have them, but I'll attempt to confirm that tomorrow. Once food has been consumed we will remove two or three tables to make room for dancing. We hope to keep enough active seats upstairs for those that want them, but please be aware that seating arrangements will need to flex to provide that 'party room'.

Downstairs we hope to have some more comfortable seating, and will also put some of the food downstairs. Possibly the puds'. This will create a space for those that want to chat, or simply prefer not to be too close to the music.

On this basis, I'm delighted to say that we can fit in @Red Dragon, @TinaL and @Theonlysue. :xgrin:

We know most of Martin's group, most of whom are also Funsters so it will all be a good fit.

Hopefully this arrangement meets with general approval. :xThumb:

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Fantastic news, yes I am sure we can all get together with moving tables and helping out in any way we can as we are Funsters after all its in our Blood:xgrin:
Its also great to see that Fun Rallies stay on the pulse so to speak by organising a soft seated area downstairs, while the "ravers" dance the hours away upstairs....in night clubs these areas are known as "Chill Out Rooms" the past is catching up with me...at last:cool::cool::D
Thanks again @meanders
Robin &

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
That's fine.... Wasn't clear if you knew and were joking. :xdoh:

Don't joke too much.... The whole site flooded just before the rally a couple of years ago. We'll be watching the river level closely. xroll:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie

Don't joke too much.... The whole site flooded just before the rally a couple of years ago. We'll be watching the river level closely. xroll:

Best bring the boat with you then :)
What’s you GVTW like :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

So are you saying the "chill out" could be a "wash out" :xrofl: OK the first year we couldn't actually get to the showground without going over a farm track as the road was flooded but it did subside for the main event(y)

On a serious note, yes the river is close and the area can flood but we have monitor the levels on water authority web sites and the showground staff get alerts if we are in any sort go danger so you can sleep tight.

Martin

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!

As Noahs' wife says, 'I think that you are over-reacting my dear, Michael Fish said it's only going to be a shower.' o_O:rolleyes: :xThumb:

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Unfortunately, and due to a variety of circumstances, three have had to drop out this week. They have all sent their best wishes to all those on the rally. We in turn wish them all a lovely Christmas and all the best in 2019.

I'll update and renumber the list on page 1.

Best wishes .... Robin & Hilary

jandrew

Free Member
Dec 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
3 years
Can you add me and kay please

jandrew

Free Member
Dec 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
3 years
hi ,iv made a mistake prior to joining this website by booking the west mid show ground via pitch up just wandered if we can join in the fun that evening there will be four of us please

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
This may have been asked before...

Are we allowed to fish the river from the campsite?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
This may have been asked before...

Are we allowed to fish the river from the campsite?
I know nothing about fishing seasons etc but YES the showground own the rights and are quite happy for their campers to fish.

Martin

Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
hi ,iv made a mistake prior to joining this website by booking the west mid show ground via pitch up just wandered if we can join in the fun that evening there will be four of us please
Welcome jandrew.
Try posting your request on the rally planning forum of this website under the Shrewsbury new year thread. Or message the organiser meanders directly
Best of luck and happy new year.
Rose

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Welcome jandrew.
Try posting your request on the rally planning forum of this website under the Shrewsbury new year thread. Or message the organiser meanders directly
Best of luck and happy new year.
Rose
@jandrew if we put @meanders in this reply Robin who is running the rally will get an alert, I do know that Jan at the showground said that there were a couple of vans booked via pitch up (you are in the posh seats).

Martin

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi @meanders Robin & Hilary, I've sent you a PM letting you know we not able to attend the Rally but wish you all a great time and enjoy 2019.

Last edited:
OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi @meanders Robin & Hilary, I've sent you a PM letting you know we not able to attend the Rally but wish you all a great time and enjoy 2019.
Hi Carol.

Just replied by PM. So sorry if you can't make it, and we'll miss you and Eddie.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That's a shame I was banking on Carol collecting the money for bacon buns, and you were poorly last year.

Have a good New Year and hope to see you at Chester or ?

Martin

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH