Show us your Angles Mort (1 Viewer)

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
As you seem to do re drivers.
Eh. It was you saying the cyclist was blocking the way.

Anyway its off topic from photos of daft signs that the French government think improve the safety of large vehicles on their roads.

Sep 2, 2014
Near Colchester, Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
12 years
Yes it was me saying the bike was blocking the tractor.
The road at that point is white lined but it is very narrow, two cars could pass each way with care, but a tractor and trailer would not be safe to pass the bike under the new rules.

And as you say it is off topic but it is very topical.

We have this summer toured Spain and France, and it was as normal very noticeable that few French vans had them on, but most lorries did.
We had magnetic ones for the cab but one on suckers on the back, total waste of time. Our MoHo is 7.5mtrs plus a car on tow on an A frame, so 12mtrs plus and occasionally we still get bikes coming up the inside, sometimes even when our left turn indicators are on.

I also do not think it will make the roads any safer for bikes as we watched them in towns still going up the inside of lorries. Nobody can legislate for foolishness.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
The other problem with these stickers is that when you're doing the old roads (non toll), you inevitably travel on roads with 3.5t weight limits.

If you've got AM stickers on you are making yourself more of a target to the old bill.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
I know this is an old thread and I am not contributing much these days but saw this and thought of you all. The back of a Travis Perkins vehicle. What a good idea to fit on motorhomes?

Travis Perkins Angels Mort.jpg

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
Just imagine the uproar if we had to have an illuminated sign!

Better still the sign flashed as the vehicle was turning. What a great selling point when you advertise your beloved MH for sale (y):unsure:

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
In London city traffic theyā€™ll need one on the offside as well to cater for the kamikaze cyclists!

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I think swords on the wheels like boudica would be better . That would cure the cyclist problem for good
:LOL: :LOL: Not a fan of cyclists then Tam?

You do see some numpties, on all forms of transport. I had my heart in my mouth today - queue of cars behind a tractor on a country road, including me - tractor indicates right to turn into a farmyard, and a biker decides to go really quickly up the outside of the queue and straight past the indicating tractor, at a speed where no way could he have reacted if the tractor had turned in front of him. Luckily for him the tractor driver checked his mirror (he had one and it wasn't covered in cr@p!) and saw him, he was shaking his head as he turned into the yard after the biker had passed.

I'm a very keen biker myself and it's idiots like that that give the rest of us a bad name. Same for cyclists really - a minority of idiots, including the self-entitled "Lycra louts" who seem to think it's fair game to ride however the hell they like, give a bad name to the rest.

No amount of Angles Morts stickers will do anything!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back