Show us your Angles Mort (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Now that it seems France is becoming more possible to travel to and hopefully even easier after any government travel review, for those who have a Motorhome over 3500kg, where have you stuck your Angles Mort stickers?

Please will you post a photo?
This could be interesting!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I've been on a large aire for the past 3 nights, must have seen 300+ motorhomes, mostly French and lots of them in what in Uk would be the 3500-4500kgs category. I've seen 2 with stickers , 1 is an ancient fiat based cb that actually looks under 3500kgs and 1 new le Voyager with twin wheels.

I've got some in the cupboard just in case but seeing them as single use items if at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
My removable ones, ready for instant Gendarme pacification!
20210325_150938.jpg

20210325_150949.jpg

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I’ve seen a motorhome image version advertised on eBay but according to the iota.org.uk site, it said official stickers must be displayed with only PSVs & HGVs versions published with Motorhomes opting for the PSV image.
I wonder how fussy they would be if someone had a motorhome copy version?

Knowing my luck, I think I’ll stick with getting the PSV image version.
7CDB7B70-251A-4D1C-AA39-03116F4E913B.jpeg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I’ve seen a motorhome image version advertised on eBay but according to the iota.org.uk site, it said official stickers must be displayed with only PSVs & HGVs versions published with Motorhomes opting for the PSV image.
I wonder how fussy they would be if someone had a motorhome copy version?

Knowing my luck, I think I’ll stick with getting the PSV image version.
View attachment 516390
Will it matter which one when it's in the glovebox.

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
New legislation in France from 1 January 2021 requires all vehicles over 3.5T to display warning stickers to indicate the position of blind spots to other road users.

As the rule is that the stickers need to be fitted to indicate "blind spots" on HGVs, then surely I don't need to fit any as with my mirrors correctly set up and a reversing camera, I have clear visibility and no blind spots

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
I know how to Google.

What I am interested in are the rigid ones held on by suckers, as shown in sallylillian post. That way I can easily take them off when I want to.
Yes me too.....I think they look awful and I don't want to stick anything permanent.

I found this place that sells various types: https://www.reflecto.shop/marking-signs/truck-sign-blind-spot-angles-morts-france
And they say the signs are only compulsory within city centres???

They have 3 removable options:
  • adhesive - reusable PET film with slightly adhesive silicone coating, removable without residues (not suitable for curtains)
  • adhesive – reusable film with microsuction structure on the rear, removable without residues
  • Impex polycarbonate plate with suction cups
I'm thinking of getting the "adhesive - reusable PET film with slightly adhesive silicone coating, removable without residues (not suitable for curtains)" version to keep in the MH just in case.

I also note that they have a warning about the microsuction one:
Important notes on the reusable signs with microsuction structure on the rear

.........It is also recommended to use the sign only when needed and to avoid any trips with the signs attached when they actually are not required (e. g. on motorways).......
But theres no warning about the rigid one with suction cups....which maybe suggests that the one sucker versions like sallylillian's will probably stick on ok?

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Like most, I would prefer not to stick these stickers on my van, my only concern would be if I was to have an accident with a cyclist and didn't have them on, how would that effect any insurance claims or worse any legal consequences if there was a severe injury or death involved. I think for me I will probably apply them, just incase.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I've just despatched a large batch to a customer. They are removable/ re-useable so will last a long time. The material was specially ordered and is a thicker variation to the tax disc holders.
Look out for these, probably on the Internet. They won't be cheap.
I was going to print extra for members but most appear to be against using them so decided not to.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Do they do magnetic ones? 🤔

Just thinking of other sign users like taxi companies / driving schools etc that have magnetic signs on their doors.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Yes me too.....I think they look awful and I don't want to stick anything permanent.

I found this place that sells various types: https://www.reflecto.shop/marking-signs/truck-sign-blind-spot-angles-morts-france
And they say the signs are only compulsory within city centres???

They have 3 removable options:
  • adhesive - reusable PET film with slightly adhesive silicone coating, removable without residues (not suitable for curtains)
  • adhesive – reusable film with microsuction structure on the rear, removable without residues
I'm thinking of getting the "adhesive - reusable PET film with slightly adhesive silicone coating, removable without residues (not suitable for curtains)" version to keep in the MH just in case.

I also note that they have a warning about the microsuction one:

But theres no warning about the rigid one with suction cups....which maybe suggests that the one sucker versions like sallylillian's will probably stick on ok?

I'm not seeing the PET version in the order type drop down box on that link, further down it says:

All designs at a glance (all for rigid surfaces only, not suitable for curtains)

• self-adhesive – permanent: sticker for long-term usage
  • magnetic – removable and reusable
  • aluminium composite plate
Content: 1 sign (250 x 170mm)

Were you able to order the PET version?

Edit: it would appear that the PET version is available for the truck sticker but not the bus sticker.

Edit 2: further reading on the link that DangerMousy kindly provided indicates that the correct sign for motorhomes over 3.5 tonnes is the bus version, the one with a motorhome on is for motorhomes less then 3.5 tonnes but is not a legal requirement, also the version with suction cups is for internal use ie stuck to a window, see below from the data sheet.

MOUNTING INSTRUCTIONS The suction cups must be pressed onto a smooth, clean and dry surface in order to be able to provide maximum adhesion. Therefore, please clean the surface where you would like to install the marking sign with a wet cloth and rub it dry. Thanks to the suction cups, the marking sign can be attached and detached easily and quickly. We recommend to install the marking sign inside the vehicle. If it is attached outside, the car should not be moved in order to prevent the loss of the sign.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Do they do magnetic ones? 🤔

Just thinking of other sign users like taxi companies / driving schools etc that have magnetic signs on their doors.
Yes, they are in my Google link of suppliers that I posted along with choices of flexible, rigid, plastic, aluminium, s/adhesive and sucker types.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
A quick google and you can get 3 magnetic ones for €25.

We shouldn’t need them being on the limit 3500kgs……but who knows?

When motorcycle touring we got the breathalyser’s and Helmet stickers as per French requirements……..look what happened to those. :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back