Show us your Angles Mort (1 Viewer)

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
So do I. What will happen when (I hope not) if they get a run of cyclists getting run-over by vans under 3500kgs. Then it will be that all vans need them fitted.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
I'm not seeing the PET version in the order type drop down box on that link, further down it says:

All designs at a glance (all for rigid surfaces only, not suitable for curtains)

• self-adhesive – permanent: sticker for long-term usage
  • adhesive – reusable film with microsuction structure on the rear, removable without residues
  • magnetic – removable and reusable
  • aluminium composite plate
  • Impex polycarbonate plate with suction cups
Content: 1 sign (250 x 170mm)

Were you able to order the PET version?
Yep I noticed that the PET ones are only available in the truck version - I haven't ordered yet (am looking to see if I can find a UK supplier first), but I'm probably going to go for the PET truck ones rather than the bus version. Though that website says the bus one is the correct one for MHs, who knows if that's the law or just their own interpretation of it......seems their statement that they're only needed in city centres might not be totally accurate either ;)

MOUNTING INSTRUCTIONS The suction cups must be pressed onto a smooth, clean and dry surface in order to be able to provide maximum adhesion. Therefore, please clean the surface where you would like to install the marking sign with a wet cloth and rub it dry. Thanks to the suction cups, the marking sign can be attached and detached easily and quickly. We recommend to install the marking sign inside the vehicle. If it is attached outside, the car should not be moved in order to prevent the loss of the sign.
What's the point of that then? How many cyclists have been knocked off their bike by a stationary vehicle????

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I seriously doubt if the stickers will save a single life.
Indeed. I wonder if we will ever get to see the French cyclist rta involving injuries figures before and after a couple of years post implementation?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
I have them but not affixed.
will avoid urban areas anyway
If stopped I'll play the doddery old brit and ask the nice gendarme where I should stick them.
Ugly things and I object to the fact that they are just in French.
would happily apply a eu wide one.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I haven't ordered yet (am looking to see if I can find a UK supplier first),

Just incase you didn't notice, that site dispatches to the uk via DHL and they want around 20 Euros postage, I've bit the bullet and ordered some permanent ones from Amazon.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Just incase you didn't notice, that site dispatches to the uk via DHL and they want around 20 Euros postage, I've bit the bullet and ordered some permanent ones from Amazon.
Yeah that's why I was looking for a UK supplier....almost £40 for a set of stickers I'll (probably!) never use :cry:

Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
I know stupid question - are these are similar to HGV warning signs about blind spots ?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I have clear visibility and no blind spots
without cameras nigh on impossible. Then you also have to look at them.
Person only has to be using a recumbent disabled hand cycle it is barely 20" off the ground & can slip right up the inside & past your mirrors without you even noticing. We have a local here with one & he has to mount a huge flag on a flbreglass whip aerial 3m high as even approaching him from behind it is barely noticeable so low down.He is that stpid he slopes up the inside/outside without a care expecting everyone to be staring at the ground to spot him.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
without cameras nigh on impossible. Then you also have to look at them.
Person only has to be using a recumbent disabled hand cycle it is barely 20" off the ground & can slip right up the inside & past your mirrors without you even noticing. We have a local here with one & he has to mount a huge flag on a flbreglass whip aerial 3m high as even approaching him from behind it is barely noticeable so low down.He is that stpid he slopes up the inside/outside without a care expecting everyone to be staring at the ground to spot him.
All cyclists should have to do a Cyclists Proficiency Test, I did when I was a kid, until I passed my Dad would not let me on the road! Included for todays cyclists should be a truck awareness experience, sitting in a truck with other cyclists riding up around them. They don't have to drive the truck just see the issues! An eyeopener for them in more ways than one!

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Considering the size of trucks, buses and motor homes, if a cyclist cannot see the afore mentioned and is stupid enough to ride up inside (right in Europe, left in UK) then I cannot see a sticker 6”x 3” ( guessing size) being effective in deterring them from doing it, also does having the sticker absolve the driver from blame and any resulting police or court action? I very much doubt it as governments seem hell bent on allowing cyclists to do as they please and place any blame on the driver of the vehicle

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
We are a panel Van at 4250 and in France at the moment.

Many of the French A Class ( and clearly heavier) vans are sporting their Angles Mort stickers.

Yet to see a PVC with them. Ours won't be the first.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I am a bit amused by the colouring of the display on the Angles Mort.

Since they use the word 'Mort' I would have thought the danger areas, not covered by wing mirrors would be in black, whereas they seem to be in yellow, with the areas outside the wing mirror coverage are in black with danger triangles shown.

I am starting to think that the message is not to be near the vehicle. In which case I find the whole sign confusing.

Can somebody explain the [French] logic?

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
We are travelling throughout France for the next 4 months (possibly elsewhere too) so affixed ours before we left UK.

Pic attached, you may be able to just make them out on side and rear 😁

Attachments

• 20210715_193847.jpg
    20210715_193847.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 214
Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
.He is that stpid he slopes up the inside/outside without a care expecting everyone to be staring at the ground to spot him.
So if he is that stupid I doubt that a sticker mounted on my door would be of any help to him!

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Just ordered mine. It’s an argument you can’t win if you’re stopped or heaven forbid get hit by a cyclist so, whilst I really dislike the idea of having to comply with a law to help the stupid, I’m sticking them on :rolleyes:

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
OK, as a , pre Covid, driver of a LHD vehicle in the UK, what do Forum members think about displaying 'LHD' plates on a motor vehicle in the UK?

Granted the French Regulation assumes' zero common sense' on the part of the majority of road users when confronted with a 44 ton semi - trailer on a 'Round About' in France, of which we have many; some would say too many. Unfortunately that is exactly where the problem arises whether they are cyclists or car drivers.

I will proudly bear my 'LHD' Plate together with my now neccesary 'F' Plate on the back of my Camping Car/Motorhome. Will it prevent what I perceive as 'Rude' Manners' on the part of some individuals I happen to come across, I doubt it but it will keep my Insurance company happy.

Also, in Wales it it helps if you have a Welsh speaking Navigator who can hurl abuse in Welsh; most haven't a clue of what they are saying but they understand the accent and look sheepish; especially in supermarket car parks.

You can take the Welsh out of Wales, but you cann't take take the 'Bloody' Welsh out of them!

Robert

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
OK, as a , pre Covid, driver of a LHD vehicle in the UK, what do Forum members think about displaying 'LHD' plates on a motor vehicle?

Granted the French Regulation assumes' zero common sense' on the part of the majority of road users when confronted with a 44 ton semi - tr
Why? Vehicles have indicators these days you need to use hand signals.
Our last 2 vans have been LHD.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
This is all round ones the cyclist could not see a sticker if it was on the handlebars so it won't be seen on a van what they need is educating not a sticker

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
Why? Vehicles have indicators these days you need to use hand signals.
Our last 2 vans have been LHD.

'Indicators' are of little use in, my humble opinion, in the UK when driving a foreign registered vehicle. A foreign number plate is like a 'Red Flag to a Bull', it seems to bring out the worst in some people. I agree it is not always that way and perhaps only a small proportion of incidents have caused me to respond they way I did, but as a 'Brits' we have experienced how some 'Foreigners' have experienced Britain purely due to the fact we were driving a foreign registered vehicle. Had we been in a 'face to face' situation and speaking' English' English the situations would not have arisen.

Robert

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
'Indicators' are of little use in, my humble opinion, in the UK when driving a foreign registered vehicle. A foreign number plate is like a 'Red Flag to a Bull', it seems to bring out the worst in some people. I agree it is not always that way and perhaps only a small proportion of incidents have caused me to respond they way I did, but as a 'Brits' we have experienced how some 'Foreigners' have experienced Britain purely due to the fact we were driving a foreign registered vehicle. Had we been in a 'face to face' situation and speaking' English' English the situations would not have arisen.

Robert
We have had two incidents of road rage in the U.K. with gestures which indicate they didn’t like the french . And downright dangerous driving , driving along side pulling in dangerously in front . Driving on then deliberately slowing and braking . Quite frightening :-(

Once on the A38 and once on the A1

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I am a bit amused by the colouring of the display on the Angles Mort.

Since they use the word 'Mort' I would have thought the danger areas, not covered by wing mirrors would be in black, whereas they seem to be in yellow, with the areas outside the wing mirror coverage are in black with danger triangles shown.

I am starting to think that the message is not to be near the vehicle. In which case I find the whole sign confusing.

Thats an Oxymoron if ever there was one :)

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I think a more effective system would be a deformable electric cattle fence so they cant get too close. Mind you its not just cyclists that don't have a clue about the room you need to manoeuvre a large vehicle :(

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
No :LOL:

So if he is that stupid I doubt that a sticker mounted on my door would be of any help to him!
They all are.
OK, as a , pre Covid, driver of a LHD vehicle in the UK, what do Forum members think about displaying 'LHD' plates on a motor vehicle in the UK?
Aah, but you have the advantage there when in the UK. You can press the window button & say to yourself " left turn Clyde" & jobs agood un.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back