scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
i have got to send a set of motorhome carpets in the post,any idea who is best and how igo about it,ta

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I have been very nervous doing this but recently I've sold an awning and a Sterling B to B. I was asked to use Hermes which I found very easy indeed.
Log on to Hermes and register, weigh your parcel and check its size, get the cost of posting, print off label and take your parcel to local pick up point, or for a small cost Hermes will collect.
Job done.

John.

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!

Another supporter of Hermes. They will even collect from your home - useful for heavy items.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
I use www.interparcel.com comes up with loads of different options/prices and collection methods. Use it for arranging to have parcels sent from the UK to Portugal and never had a problem. Usually a lot cheaper than if you use the companies direct.

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
We use ipost but parcels2go are good and you can usually drop off at a local shop.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've used a lot and wouldn't touch ParcelHero with a barge pole as they sneakily charge you extra for using your credit card even though they don't tell you they will! ParcelMonkey used to be good, as did Parcel2Go but none of these are the cheapest.

For larger stuff I use Interparcel now as it gives lots of options and find that the cheapest is often UPS by quite a bit (drop off to store but they deliver to address). For stuff under 1kg in weight it is usually the Royal Mail that's the cheapest so worth checking that too for smaller items.

Make sure you check the packed size and weight categories to try to keep the items in the cheaper categories ... its surprising what an extra couple of cm or 20g can make to the price!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
we could set up our own courier service, for non urgent parcels,especially in summer when most are out and about, just a note on here saying you want something going somewhere and match up with someone going that way, I'd be quite happy to help if going the right way, could even be into Europe.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I've used parcels2go to deliver Uk >here & vice versa. also Fastlane which is https://www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk/ gives a choice of companies.
@chaser has a good idea & it is what happens regularly with people on a world wide car forum that I use but mainly occurs in Uk & europe.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
we could set up our own courier service, for non urgent parcels,especially in summer when most are out and about, just a note on here saying you want something going somewhere and match up with someone going that way, I'd be quite happy to help if going the right way, could even be into Europe.

Is anyone going to Nigeria as I need to deliver our motorhome to a long lost Nigerian uncle who has just come into a. few million pound windfall.

John.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Is anyone going to Nigeria as I need to deliver our motorhome to a long lost Nigerian uncle who has just come into a. few million pound windfall.

John.
Funny you should say that , I know you are joking , but in fact someone was on here yesterday about going to somewhere in Africa (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have a wonderful network of Funster Pie Deliverers.

Excellent service.

JJ :cool:
... well they've got to dispose of the environmentally unfriendly stuff somewhere and at least this way they don't have to pay to have it taken away! :D2

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Leave me alone... we haven't even met! ;)

JJ :cool:
One day my friend ... one day ... I'll even do some tree lopping for you if you want!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back